Odhiambo On trial!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Eric Odhiambo - potential forward!!

Post by tufc si »

Lingy apparently looking at this chap!! Just left Denzilspor in Turkey and in the process of sorting out a pay off (?) so could be ours in the Jan transfer window!!

Frankly i've never heard of him so no idea what he'll be like but if he's on Lingy's radar, one of his contacts must have given him some positive feedback about the lad??

Just wondering if any of you lot know anything about him?? Must admit though that it is nice to hear some news about another forward!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I see we're looking at this 23 year old forward on trial, he is expected to take part in the reserve fixtures up until January.

11 goals in 101 games doesn't sound the most prolific but maybe it is his link up play which makes him worthwhile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20514404
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

He has played for a lot of clubs much bigger and at a much higher level than us so i am really excited by this news.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Ah you just beat to it Yellow (mods, please feel through to lock my post!)

Never heard of this chap but just glad Lingy is considering other forward options!! Bit worrying though that if we do want him, we cant get him until January!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

No problem! I've merged them :goodpost:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Yellow4life wrote:I see we're looking at this 23 year old forward on trial, he is expected to take part in the reserve fixtures up until January.

11 goals in 101 games doesn't sound the most prolific but maybe it is his link up play which makes him worthwhile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20514404/
It would seem that the BBC does it's research at Soccerbase these days! Normally a reliable source but not on this occasion ..... unless Eric has the power to be playing in England and Scotland at the same time! Our Eric never played for Stevenage that was his (defender) brother Eddie but their careers seemed to have been merged for the 09/10 season! So, not quite so many clubs, or games or even goals (only need to knock one off though so his overall average is slightly better!).

Could he be that "diamond in the rough" that we have been looking for? He certainly fits the bill for those of us who have been crying out for an extra striking option in the squad, albeit I reckon he's more of a winger than a striker. He certainly seems to have some pace and skill about him and to be fair has been playing at a decent level in the SPL and in Turkey. At 23, he is also a decent age too with quite a lot of experience at a higher level than we are at.

Looking forward to seeing what he's like, although I suspect that if we do end up making a move for him in January there will need to be some movement elsewhere in the squad? With young Baker and Artremi coming to an end of their extended trials and the likes of Yeoman ( not sure when his contract is up?) looking like he is never going to get his chance here, there is also a strong possibility I would think that Lingy would also try and loan out one or two of his "fringe" players such as Halpin, Yeoman etc to free up some wages.

MOD edit: Quote fix (yellow4life)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

His best spell was with Inverness Cally Thistle when he scored 10 goals in Promotion run in and then got released!! 2009/10 season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is excatly the way forward for a club working of limited funds, instead of dripping on about how tough life is for club like ours.

Jermaine Beckford, Jamie Vardy and many others have been plucked from the deepest darkest depths of the non-league these players are out there search for them.

Forgot to add, wonder what this means for Karl Baker his extented trail not going well maybe?
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It seems as though this new guy with the unpronounceable name is a proper striker, where as Baker is a left wing dynamo. A bit like Billy Bodin, but actually quite good. :na:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

portugull wrote:His best spell was with Inverness Cally Thistle when he scored 10 goals in Promotion run in and then got released!! 2009/10 season.
Really? I read it as he opted to leave rather than being released?

Could be an exciting one this - hope he has a that something we are missing if/when he signs.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Not the most amazing scoring record but seemed to be used on either wing for Inverness. Some things that do strike me is that he's got good acceleration although I don't think his top speed will be a huge amount faster than anyone with decent pace and he seems to have a very good first touch with decent instincts. He has been playing against better opposition though so he could be very good in League 2. Hopefully something will come of it as he seems to be a decent player in the Wilfred Zaha kind of mould, likes to hang back and run at players.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

cambgull wrote:Not the most amazing scoring record but seemed to be used on either wing for Inverness. Some things that do strike me is that he's got good acceleration although I don't think his top speed will be a huge amount faster than anyone with decent pace and he seems to have a very good first touch with decent instincts. He has been playing against better opposition though so he could be very good in League 2. Hopefully something will come of it as he seems to be a decent player in the Wilfred Zaha kind of mould, likes to hang back and run at players.
Don't take this personly but was some of your data off football manager/FIFA?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

united09 wrote:Don't take this personly but was some of your data off football manager/FIFA?
Probably worse actually, YouTube.

EDIT: This one, more specifically.

[youtube]7VLStvnc6cw[/youtube]
Luke.

united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Fair play, probably better than doing it off football manager etc. He doesnt look to bad but we will have to see how he fits in.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I know it's YouTube but he also seemed fairly competent when through on goal, although I am well aware that it doesn't show his misses.
Luke.