Torquay vs Wimbledon 1/1/13 15:00 (new years day)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rene howe

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Cheers dutchgull, you never know! Obviously In between visits to the liberty! Here's to a good game Saturday!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How is it possible that there are people in the UK who are old enough to post stuff on the internet that do not instantly recognise one of the most famous lines in all of comedy history?

For the uninitiated...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Just try using it on the right occasion as unfortunately there isn't a "sarcasm " or a " don't really mean this" button so you may be misunderstood on occasions !!

:lol: :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I got it Matt :~D

Quality comedy filmed in large parts in hadfield and tintwhistle off the main road i take from Sheffield to Manchester airport. It is all Deryshire stone around there which it is around here and places like Matlock and Buxton. Dark, very dark. :nod:

The German teacher Herr Lipp is the creepiest, probably because of the combination of homosexuality and him being German!

(Please, if you happen to be a homo German out there reading this then please don't write in saying i'm racist and homophobic because i'm not ) :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:How is it possible that there are people in the UK who are old enough to post stuff on the internet that do not instantly recognise one of the most famous lines in all of comedy history?

For the uninitiated...

Matt.
And there was me thinking the link was going to take me to something remotely funny

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I did consider it, Dutch, honest I did, but then I thought that TLOG was so famous as to render the joke unmistakable. Sadly, it seems I have, once again, given the average Joe (or Jack) a little too much credit.

Truth be told, Scotty, it's not my sort of thing either, but it's still very, very well known.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:How is it possible that there are people in the UK who are old enough to post stuff on the internet that do not instantly recognise one of the most famous lines in all of comedy history?

For the uninitiated...

Matt.
If you think that's comedy, you really do need counselling, perhaps even psychiatry...!! :O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

i do and i am! :) :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rene howe

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

I must be more aware next time! Not looking too good for new years day as pretty wet here in the west country!
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Niall Thompson

Post by TF12Gull »

Ain't rained in Paignton all day so guess its same in torquay should be on this time
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

TF12Gull wrote:Ain't rained in Paignton all day so guess its same in torquay should be on this time
Ain't it? I is well glad that it ain't.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Can't see it being on myself blinkin raining cats and dogs. Haven't used that saying for years not sure where it comes from :)

Does the club own covers these days? Didn't we borrow some before the Exeter game.
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Forecast is for an improvement as the day goes on and dry tomorrow but its awful here at the moment as well.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I hope the club make an early decision to call this off. I am as close to 100% certain that it will be off knowing that pitch!

Wimbledon usually bring a fair few fans with them and the club should be taking this into account

In fact a match later in the season may benefit the club (at least in terms of size of crowd) if the Dons are still strugling at the wrong end of the table and it's a vital game for them.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There should not be any question of a late postponement in this game given that the forecast for tomorrow is dry and sunny.
Whether or not the pitch can survive todays deluge is open to question but you might think that any decision on the game could be made this afternoon rather than tomorrow.