Ready for criticism

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll be down the away end where I can guarantee the atmosphere for those that are nearby will be better than staying in the bloody middle.

If others don't like it then sing louder, it's not hard is it?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'll be down the away end where I can guarantee the atmosphere for those that are nearby will be better than staying in the bloody middle.

If others don't like it then sing louder, it's not hard is it?
I agree, atmosphere won't be bad if singers go down towards the end for this game as its the kind of fixture where most of the pop is going to be full anyway - should be rammed down there you would hope.

Have sold out 6000 capacity the last 3 or so times we've played Exeter and that was in the BSP! Will be bloody disappointing if we even get around 5000 for this one.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

ferrarilover wrote:How hard is it?

Stay in the f**k ing middle, just like EVERYONE who is older, wiser and smarter than you is telling you to. f**k ing kids these days, do as you're bloody well told. Stop smoking behind the bike sheds and aiming to finger bang Mary Jane Rottencrotch (name the film), get some qualifications and a decent job. Do not stand down by the away fans, you're all ugly, stupid and about as tough as week old trifle. You'll embarrass yourselves by "taunting" the oppo fans, attempting to make believe that you might be the extras from Green Street, then sh*t yourselves when one of the proper, old school hardnuts (think SG on steroids) jumps the barrier and comes for you.

Stay in the middle, bang your little drum and sing some songs instead of trying to play up to the Danny Dyer (what a prize **** he is, by the way) example of football supportership.

Or something...

Matt.

Just to clarify, I am strictly of the view that you should remain in the middle.
Laughable.

A few points. One, you've done nothing but criticise the group and it's ideas, so to listen to you would be silly wouldn't it.

And two, the atmosphere's always better down the away end for the bigger games from previous experience. Maybe back the group beforehand if you think i'll give a toss about your opinions. Hardly constructive, is it?
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Making a special point of going down towards the Exeter fans gives them more importance than they deserve. I would rather the fans were singing in support of the team rather than taunting the opposition.

Mary Jane Rottencrotch.... Full Metal Jacket?
TUST No 278
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

chardie wrote:Making a special point of going down towards the Exeter fans gives them more importance than they deserve. I would rather the fans were singing in support of the team rather than taunting the opposition.

Mary Jane Rottencrotch.... Full Metal Jacket?

Hardly. It doesn't matter whether they go towards the away end or not, there will still be fans in that part of the Pop anyway.
Dave

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm with Dave on this one. From previous experiences down near the away end (Argyle last season, Shrewsbury in the play-offs ) the atmosphere pre-match was fantastic, we could hear the away fans better and they could hear us better, which lead to plenty of banter between the two fans.

I was in the middle when Argyle came earlier in the season and it just wasn't as good as last time. With the new stand in place, hopefully the sound will reverberate better around Plainmoor.

Down the end for me.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

holsten wrote: Laughable.

A few points. One, you've done nothing but criticise the group and it's ideas, so to listen to you would be silly wouldn't it.

And two, the atmosphere's always better down the away end for the bigger games from previous experience. Maybe back the group beforehand if you think i'll give a toss about your opinions. Hardly constructive, is it?
And what you're doing right now, in ignoring the sound advice that you are being given, that's definitely not asking for criticism. We have had this all before, the Ultras etc, and it fell flat on its arse, you've been warned that it will happen again, and you still seem intent on doing your own thing anyway.

If you want to experience, for your own personal enjoyment, the better atmosphere of standing down the away end for the Exeter game, then please, do that very thing, but don't then come on here and tell us all how you're going to hold yourselves up as the standard bearers for creating an atmosphere at all home games when the one opportunity you have to create an excellent atmosphere around the whole ground is being wasted for the sake of the personal preference of your membership.

It's a simple choice, if you are really intent on making the match day atmosphere inside Plainmoor better, then stick yourselves in the middle, get EVERYONE singing and do what you've said is your intention.
If, however, you're predominantly interested in having the best possible experience you can at a Torquay game from your own, personal view (or the collective view of your members) then head on down the away end. The remainder of the Popside will be as deathly silent as usual (plus a small factor for it being the derby and a little bit more full) and the stated aim of your little group will have been completely failed.

Up to you, I don't care what you do, I can't hear you on a normal match day, you've added bugger all to my Plainmoor experience, but nor have you detracted from it, so I really don't give a toss what you do. That said, the flags you had the other day looked good in themselves, except you seem to have advertised for the only two people on Earth who can't work out how to wave the damn things properly.

Matt.

Oh, and the retort "laughable" is for retards, ask Brucie.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

Christ on a bike, theres no need to be so aggro about it Ferrarilover, if they do 'bugger all' for your matchday experience then why so eager to put the smack down on this lot for trying?
I think its clear that most people think the atmosphere is better when the singers are in the middle of the pop. Sure the new group can do what they like, and I think its great that your voting on it, but remember that most Torquay fans are eager to join in, but wont take the lead. We all want a better atmosphere but only some actually try to do it, others are just bitter. Shunting yourself off to the side wont make it easier for them. Besides you will be able to hear and respond to the away end from the middle anyway, so theres not much point unless you want to join in with the posturing. It's your group though, so its your collective decision, but try and factor in what the rest of us think.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What I'm eager for is for this lot to decide what they are. If they're a group of kids who like to have a sing song on a match day and will, consequently, do as they jolly well please and to hell with what is best for the atmosphere in the ground, then I'd like them to drop the pretence that they are some sort of social atmospheric crusaders. If they are indeed interested primarily in promoting the atmosphere in the ground, then I'd like them to do as they are being told is best by people who know and stand in the middle on Saturday. That's all I ask, a little clarity about what exactly it is we are dealing with. Is that too much to ask?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Ferrarilover
'd like them to do as they are being told is best by people who know

Reverse psychology at it's best. If that doesn't motivate every 'Fanatic' to move down towards the away end nothing will (£)
Decisions on whether you're social atmospheric crusaders come a distant second as to whether you're going to be seen as a bunch of
wimps who even allow other fans to tell you where you have to stand.

I'd put two fingers up to them, (or is it a solitary middle finger you youngsters use these days ?) and think and act for yourself.
You've probably been bossed around by teachers all week, don't appoint Matt as your Headmaster for Saturdays afternoons.

If heading towards the away end proves to be a bad decision, well at least it was your decision, you'll have learnt from it and that
has to be the better option than cowering before the 'We know best, so stand on the piece of terracing that we're telling you' dictators.

We're all familiar with the PA announcements when the Popside is filling up prior to a big game. 'Please move down the terrace so that people can get in'.
Think how grateful the Stewards will be and how much easier you'll have made things for them by voluntarily moving down to the far end of the terrace by choice. It will create space and make things so much easier for those coming into the ground later on.

Those standing in the middle will have complete freewill to enjoy the game in the atmosphere of their choosing. They can either cheer on their team at every opportunity, encourage them by way of a few songs and chants....or if they prefer to watch the proceedings in deathly silence that option will be open to them also.

Remember kids...the over-riding issue is one of self determination. Fail to move towards the away end and your credibility will be irreparably shot to pieces.
Stand where you are told to stand by other spectators who claim to 'know best' and you'll have turned the 'Fanatics' into a joke bunch of well behaved schoolkids.

The gauntlet has been thrown down. It's time to stand up for yourselves...and I fully hope and expect to see you let ferrari's tyres down this Saturday :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

If the New Year day game is on, will a "holiday crowd" be in attendance in the attendance ? Where will these infrequent attendees position themselves ?

As long as these infrequent attendees don't block the uninterrupted views to which we (FARK ARFF Bartlett, Ferrarilover, Diamond Girl, Lexus Guy, Robbotufc, Glostergull and Trojan) have become accustomed, then we don't much mind where the infrequent attendees position themselves.

:)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Niall Thompson

Post by TF12Gull »

Trojan like we've said about 1000 times we will be in the middle for every game apart from city and argyle