Potential New Strikers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Steve, as always, makes a good point. With Morro and Macklin to return (hopefully fairly soon), we might find that we have greater options than we do at the moment. Having those two back available will be like having two new signings in the bag. Perhaps the (long overdue) emergence of Yeoman will provide a similar boost?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Steve, as always, makes a good point. With Morro and Macklin to return (hopefully fairly soon), we might find that we have greater options than we do at the moment. Having those two back available will be like having two new signings in the bag. Perhaps the (long overdue) emergence of Yeoman will provide a similar boost?

Matt.
When are Morro and Macklin meant to return? I have no idea! Are they back in light training yet?

Yeoman might well prove to provide a boost to the team (I'll have to take your word for his ability to start a game as I wasn't there the other day) but I'd be hesitant about puttin too much pressure on him too soon. Although he is 20 (?) he is definitely a teen when it comes to actual mens football experience. Much like Thompson, he'll need to be managed carefully to ensure he can be effective with our team throughout his career.

A question to others but I don't think it deserves it's own topic: Which (if any) players would you let go of to free up some money for Ling to spend?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Interesting question Steve. I would probably go with Cruise, or if you see left back cover as crucial, maybe Easton, who although brings more to the party, wont be around too much longer and is in a position where we have a few options- Manse, Lathrope, Craig, Morris.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

if anyone is feeling down

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:if anyone is feeling down

I feel better now. Great day wasn't it? :)
Oblivion!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:if anyone is feeling down

That cross from Carlisle - how we could do with him now!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yeah great.
and to think on here we take the p*ss about other team living in the past! :no:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't know about dates for either, Steve, but Macklin 'only' broke his foot and it seems like months ago, I can't believe it'll be too long. He might have Tweeted about starting light training again week or so ago, or I could be confusing him with someone else (probably Craig Stanley). As for Morro, I saw him briefly in early December and he wasn't really limping, so I'd be hopeful that he'd be back before I too long too. Maybe we could collectively ask Andy Candy or another if an update is on the cards?

As for letting Cruise out of the door, you'd have to be out of your mind so to do. The boy is a wonderful player and?, according to another thread on here, highly thought of among players and staff. The real clue to his talent is that Brucie prefesses not to rate him.

I'm not sure who I'd get rid of. I guess if it's purely a question of salary but not transfer fee, then maybe Easton on the basis that Lathrope can do an identical job but possibly earns less than Easton (I have no idea, im basing that purely on experience and age. For all I know, DL might pick up double what CE gets). I have resisted the urge to say Billy, on the basis that he definitely hasn't sold all his talent to feed his Nandos Chicken Emporium habit, so it must still be in there somewhere.

Matt.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Don't think we'll see Macklin back before February and Morris is nowhere near it at present.
Don't think Jarvis will be too long though-is recovering well I understand and expected to start light training soon.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Local paper confirms that Lloyd Macklin is back in light training and hopes to be returning to playing action in february. Lloyd had a 3 inch long screw inserted in his metatarsal to repair the break !
Morro told me that he may be back towards the end of the season, but that is the best outcome.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Blimey, that does really surprise me, as I said before, he looked to be walking fine a month ago, must be a long slow road back to full fitness.

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:yeah great.
and to think on here we take the p*ss about other team living in the past! :no:
It's all we can do!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

When is the 'cut off' date for bringing in loanees?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just heard that Lee Hughes is now without a club after being released by Notts County. It's at times like this when i am so glad that Torquay haven't a pot to p*ss in. Rules us out straight away.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:Just heard that Lee Hughes is now without a club after being released by Notts County. It's at times like this when i am so glad that Torquay haven't a pot to p*ss in. Rules us out straight away.
the murderer is off to join port vale. :@

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20939609
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468