Chris Zebroski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This might be a matter of mere semantics, but I don't think we can loan him in because he doesn't have a club because his contact has been cancelled. I guess whatever, the price is right, my only relevant concern would be that Luton would probably offer him a larger salary.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:This might be a matter of mere semantics, but I don't think we can loan him in because he doesn't have a club because his contact has been cancelled. I guess whatever, the price is right, my only relevant concern would be that Luton would probably offer him a larger salary.

Matt.
true matt, but would he want to play in the BSP?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't see why not, Scotty Rendell seems to be doing ok. He's played there before, its the Buckle factor, Luton are doing well, they'll offer him a wedge, it's 6000 people a week through the doors (last time I checked, that could be wrong now). In many ways, Luton offer more to him than just about any club in L2 and the L2 clubs who might be more attractive to him (Vale and the Gills) probably don't want him. I can't see a L1 club giving him anything, so Luton (aside from the division they're in) seem to be his best option.

Matt.
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I would take him back but only for a prove yourself six months with a view to an extension. But i reckon as Matt says there will be interest from Luton and I reckon Plymouth who are in dire need of something upfront to replace Chadwick.

That aside, I believe he would transform out attacking abilities finally playing two strikers, although I thought Jarvis was starting to look good behind Rene.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SDYellow wrote:I would take him back but only for a prove yourself six months with a view to an extension. But i reckon as Matt says there will be interest from Luton and I reckon Plymouth who are in dire need of something upfront to replace Chadwick.

That aside, I believe he would transform out attacking abilities finally playing two strikers, although I thought Jarvis was starting to look good behind Rene.
dont think he will be going there.......... 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Would give us the pace and power we lack (howe apart). Would take him back until the end of the season and see how things went.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

dont think wotten would be impressed, better hide the vase :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with NA Gull. It would be good to get him back for the remainder to see how things went but doubt very much whether it would happen. I don't actually rate Zebs that much in all honesty but he is much better than what we have at the minute ( Howe aside ) and could only benefit the team.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Quality wise, I would have him back in a second. He would be ideal for our 4-5-1 formation. Bodin-Howe-Zebroski as a front three (with all on form) would be devastating.

However, to miss 4 games in half a season and get in even more trouble on a night out makes him totally unreliable. A professional footballer should not be going out on New Year's Eve when there is a game the next day.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Am I correct Zebs lives in Swindon? If so he would prefer Luton but I think he enjoyed his time at Plainmoor.
Martin Ling and the Board may not want him but I always rated him at League 2 level.
Despite his record he will not be short of offers. He is just the type of player we currently lack.
To those of you who know Manse what would he say?????
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Following his Torquay indiscretion, he moved back to Swindon to live with (under the supervision of) his father so it could well be the case that he still lives there.

I think the board will be the real problem. I know that Simon Baker was just about as unimpressed as you'd expect following what happened on that fateful night, so ML would REALLY have to want him to convince the money men to pony up.

Matt.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I'd rather have Luke McCormick than Zebs. ( just to stir the argument from last season)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Or Lee Hughes?

Matt.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I would have him back in a flash.exackly what we need.sell Danny to loo town if we have to to free the funds for his wages
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

We always must take some risks to get better quality players; Fowler's hips, Saunder's knee, Graham's attitude; and then be better than most at managing that sort of player. Zebs is not in that class but he would improve the current team. There are times when he is like two players in one when he is up and down the flank. I'd sign him.
TUST number 080