Burton Albion v Torquay United - 12/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

looks like we need 20 pts from 20 games now
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:looks like we need 20 pts from 20 games now
Can't see it. Conference here we come I'm afraid. For the first time I'm gonna say it, Ling out.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellowmonkey »

[/quote]Can't see it. Conference here we come I'm afraid. For the first time I'm gonna say it, Ling out.[/quote]
bit harsh lets see who he brings in first
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Rene Howe is one yellow from a second tot up suspension, not sure if that is 2 or 3 game ban,whilst I am not complaining on what seemed a much better performance, please, there is money for loan signings get in there and save our league status relegation this time will cost us our club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Harsh? Look at our recent results? Scrapping for the odd point, Ling has said nothing to give me any confidence he can get us out of this. Piss poor.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

No surprise really, I wander what buckspeak Ling can come up with this week.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Time to act Im afraid, Ling must go.

The Cambridge fans warned us, we would not get hammered each week but we would lose by the odd goal. All coming true Im afraid.

This is not a good team, its in free fall. Relegation looming Im afraid.
TUST MEMBER
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

yellowmonkey wrote:
Can't see it. Conference here we come I'm afraid. For the first time I'm gonna say it, Ling out.[/quote]
bit harsh lets see who he brings in first[/quote]

There I think lies the problem, is it that he doesn't have anyone to bring in or is he being stopped from doing so?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I didn't listen to the game so I cannot comment on the performance or on what people who were there say. I can't be bothered to listen either. I can't be bothered to put on radio devon and sit through joyous reports from Plymouth and Exeter simply to listen to what ling comes out with. The simple fact is that we are not good enough. Two wins in the last eleven games tells its own sorry tale.

I did not even check the score until half-time and saw we were winning. But at that point, you simply can guess what is going to happen and that is not being wise after the event.

We are half-way through January and no sign of anyone new to shake the team up and the way Ling seems to be about these things, you sort of the get the feeling that we shouldn't expect anyone new. But TWO wins since October. You can try and reshuffle the same pack but pinning our hopes on, say, Yeoman, Easton, Bodin etc, who were not picked today...well, we know what will happen because it has already been tried.

We are in a relegation battle and it needs to be acknowledged because the complacent will point to the games in hand we have but as recent form demonstrates, WE WON'T WIN THEM!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellowmonkey »

I cant see the board risking our league status for a few quid
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

For all those advocating Ling's waiting game in the transfer market, and the club's general idea of 'consolidation', how will this work if we find ourselves back in the BSP? What we need from our manager is a vaguely proactive approach in terms of player recruitment - loan signgings, no bank-breaking fees - and a forward-thinking approach. Please stop telling us you're doing the same things as last year every time you hear a dissenting voice from the stands: we *don't* have last season's squad, and those methods are patently not working.

Having previously been reluctant to put too much pressure on Nathan Craig, Ling now seems willing to risk our place in the Football League, relying on the inexperienced Craig, Bodin, Thompson, Macklin and Yeoman to deliver.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

yellowmonkey wrote:I cant see the board risking our league status for a few quid
Well they are hardly being proactive are they???
FFS we are struggling. Ling is not filling me with any confidence. What we did last season has gone, stop damn well referring to it.
Just look at the conference? We would be mid table at best in that league now.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

The attempts on goal stats do look more encouraging today, never sure about the possesion stat - that is always dodgey it seems
Look forward to the game reports and the gull player highlights tomorrow.

That said two wins in eleven is not mid table form, we should be concerned to act. Relegation cannot be an option as forever pointed out.

I have heard stupidity defined as : to contnue to do the same things and expect different results...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not support any calls for Lingy to go, however I do agree with a lot of the above sentiment. We have stop, rethink, the board and Lingy must sit down on Monday and sort out what is needed to stop us being pulled any further towards the bottom and proactively make things happen..this can not go on.

Bristows bench the training ground the youth set up all points towards a bright future, all would be flushed away if we are relegated.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

yellowmonkey wrote:I cant see the board risking our league status for a few quid
Well they are hardly being proactive are they???
FFS we are struggling. Ling is not filling me with any confidence. What we did last season has gone, stop damn well referring to it.
Just look at the conference? We would be mid table at best in that league now.[/quote]

Have to say, with respect to what the board have already done for our club, I do now wonder. I don't think they actively want BSP but I do now feel they have a "if it happens it happens" approach. I have nothing against any member,if anything I have a lot of respect for the majority of them, but I do know that one tends to think to much small time with regard to finances. Hard to say but a BSP return really is too much to even think about.