Torquay United v Exeter City - now 15/01/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

If it's on, give them the 3 points now.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

[quote="Richinns" [/quote]

More like you will be in the away end you dirty grecian!

Your Freudian slip shows you for what you really are![/quote]
Mr Freud used drugs for his research, i suggest you stop taking taking them!!
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

As much as i hate to say this, i really cannot see us getting anything from the game.

Hope the lads prove me wrong and get a result, but i have zero confidence going into this match.
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

After today have to agree with plymgull, confidence all round pretty low for tuesday
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Praying for another postponement, who knows, we may pick up a win or two beforehand giving us some confidence while City go on a bad run.

I can always dream can't I!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Its a derby game, so nothing is won or lost. QPR going into there derby against Chelsea stood no chance and everyone put them to loose like 10-0 ect. I put a tenner on a QPR win and lucky old me haha.

Yes we have lost a few games and doesnt look to good at the moment but its our club and get behined them. Funny thing will be we will win a few games on the bounce and will rise up the table again and all the moaning about how rubbish we are will be gone. We are not in the worst position ever there are a lot worse out there. A big derby win will kick start our season.

We will win, i have faith (if its played)
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Brett, themajority of this forum do get behind the team, and are realistic as to ambitions. However, we are also realistic as to what is going on right now.

I hope Im wrong, but I dont see us winning back to back games. Tuesday is my 30th birthday, thats depressing enough, I shall absolutely not be listening to Gullsplayer, that might be too much to handle!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Happy birthday then Kernow! Hope the lads give you a great present!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

session defining game -

Win - (with a cleansheet) such a massive boost to confidence, could kickstart a winning run with a fresh face too getting us looking up not down the table

Lose - Well...
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Gutted that I won't be at the game - I am having a major operation in Bristol on Monday and don't expect to be let out until later in the week.

However, I don't see us getting anything out of the game.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I'm going, don't know why, the outcome is inevitable anyway, if we're not miles behind already, we'll lose in the 95th minute!!!!!
The gulls are going up
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

NickGull wrote:If it's on, give them the 3 points now.

Nick you're so negative. ;-) :lol:

I'm not doing another matchday thread because obviously this is it and so we can just continue using this thread. I think we will beat Exeter 3-1 with goals from Howe (2) and Jarvis. Don't know where my justification for predicting this comes from but it's just a feeling i've got.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

As PlainmoorRoar says, this game seems to be getting more important by the day, particularly for us.

For Exeter this is a potential 3 points away from home that can help them keep the pressure on the top clubs. For us it's a potential game where we can start to look up the table rather than down. If we lose we reach the conclusion that we may well be pulled into the relegation battle.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Lingy has shown time and time again that he can get his teams us for the big occasion. (Swindon H, Argyle x2, Crawley A, Cheltenham A, Gillingham this season) have faith in a big performance on Tuesday. We seem to raise our game against the better teams, or even the more confident teams. Perhaps Exeter will stroll into town with a swagger suggesting a win, hopefully we can capitalise on any complacency in their game.

Big games calls for big performances, 2-0 to the men in Yellow, Stevens and Howe the scorers and a big long chorus of 'Martin Ling's Yellow Army' at the final whistle as he gets a standing ovation from Bristow's bench after an emphatic victory.

(Or, if you prefer drinking out of a vessel half empty, 0-1, Tully 90+4 from 35 yards.)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Not feeling confident about this one, it will either go how it's been this season or this big derby game could be the turning point. I really hope it's the second one, but I'm not putting my hopes on it.

Nevertheless I'll be there singing my heart out (wherever the singers may be) COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.