Richard Logan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

What's the big problem, he trains with us. If he does well and can fit in then why not sign him. Have a look if not then, nothing most. If he can get any kind of form back that he had then he would be a threat up top.

People moan we need a striker so we look at one and you moan. He won't be very expensive so if he can do is a job, then sign him up
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:goodpost:

No harm in having a look and if Ling feels he can add something more up top ( which we badly need by the way ) then i'm sure he will take steps to tie him down in the very short term.

The only people i would complain about if he was brought in would be Lee Hughes or Billy Bodins brother ( if he's got one ) anyone else and i am quite happy for Ling to be taking a look at them.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It is one thing 'having a look' at Logan. It it is disappointing if he signs and that amounts to it, in terms of our recruitment but he might be worth the odd goal off the bench.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

My only worry is that Ling signs him as an appeasement to fans clamouring for a few new faces as he is available, ready to go and no doubt, cheap and cheerful. If that is the case and he really is as useless as some of you have made out then we can begin to be seriously concerned. Only Martin knows what he is doing, how much scouting for a suitable player he has done and what he plans to do and so for the time being we have to bite our lips and see what transpires with this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Always thought this would happen!

No harm having a look, Ling has said he will only spend it on someone he thinks can do the job so he wont offer him a deal if he isn't up to standard. He's the manager so just go with him! I think he'll be great cover
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

im undecided on this........

the thing is, on another thread, the chairman says (more or less) lets spend £600k on a plasy pitch.......

dont talk wet.

in this scenario, i say get yer hand in yer pocket and pay out for a few players! :@

and when we are "flush" following our rapid rise up the league with these said players earning the club more money, they pay out for a plasy pitch! :@

(if you really want to that is mr chairman, or were you just after a bit of PR for the club......???? 8/ )
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

for mean ill rather not sign him and take a punt on a striker on loan from a team like mk dons bournemouth etc or maybe higher... but if he does come in and is chomping on the bit grabs a goal early into his time here it could force rene to perform to his standards not his current form. and thus being the equivalent of 2 signing.... remember rene has 1 goal since rovers away that's not excused in my eyes by the run before that.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

lankyben wrote:for mean ill rather not sign him and take a punt on a striker on loan from a team like mk dons bournemouth etc or maybe higher... but if he does come in and is chomping on the bit grabs a goal early into his time here it could force rene to perform to his standards not his current form. and thus being the equivalent of 2 signing.... remember rene has 1 goal since rovers away that's not excused in my eyes by the run before that.

I think this is a bit unfair Ben. I appreciate that what Rene had achieved in terms of his goalscoring exploits in the first 20 games may have led some people to have thought that he should be prolific all the time. It is no doubt that his goal return recently has been not what we might have expected but i can excuse that given what i saw from him earlier on in the season.

Many of the goals i have seen him score this season have been dragged up from nothing, completely out of the blue and through his own skill and had he not have got these vital goals we would be in the bottom two now without any shadow of a doubt. We all want more from him now we are under pressure but i can much forgive Rene a few unproductive games because i know he has the ability and workrate in him and he shown this on many occasions this season. Players like Bodin in comparison don't have the ability nor workrate and have shown me absolutely nothing this season so therefore IMO can't be afforded as much patience and support.

Keep the faith with Rene, Ben. We need him for the rest of the season at least. :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lankyben wrote:for mean ill rather not sign him and take a punt on a striker on loan from a team like mk dons bournemouth etc or maybe higher... but if he does come in and is chomping on the bit grabs a goal early into his time here it could force rene to perform to his standards not his current form. and thus being the equivalent of 2 signing.... remember rene has 1 goal since rovers away that's not excused in my eyes by the run before that.
thats great in theory, but they actually have to have a player available who would want to come to us and one that we can afford to loan.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

This is a bad sign, make no mistake. Logan is past it. We just should not be looking at players like this at the end of their careers. Certainly not players of Logan's standard anyway.

It shows how desperate we are that some people on here are trying to say it's ok to be looking at him at all.

I don't care how much training he does with us, it will still take him 4 games to get match fit (at least!). That is 4 games I would rather see Yeoman prove himself in.

Hold your nerve Dinger. I believe we have the players to see us through this rough patch, they just need to be set up to do so. Attack minded 4-3-3. you know it makes sense!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

lankyben wrote:remember rene has 1 goal since rovers away that's not excused in my eyes by the run before that.
Rene has scored in our last two home games (AFC Wimbledon and Exeter), so what you're actually saying is you can't excuse a striker who has scored 2 in 3.

As for Logan training with us, my position hasn't changed to when it was first mooted - what harm can it do? Imagine Jarvis is injured when Rene inevitably picks up his 10th booking - do we really want Yeoman to be our only striker available? Given the budgetary constraints, Ling's reluctance towards loanees, and Logan's proximity and availability, it's a bit of a no-brainer to have a look at him.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

It's not a grade A signing by any stretch of the imagination, but what with our budgetary restrictions, the fact that he'knows the area, has experience, doesn't get injured too often, plus the fact that we're now a bottom half League 2 team and therefore not the most attractive prospect for signings at the moment, it could've been worse.
To put it into some perspective, his career goals per game ratio is about 50% better than Ryan Jarvis.
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

alrite so rene can perform something from nothing when he is on form... but can u really say he has been on form recently?? if logan is willing to sign a cheapish deal till the eond of the season then it could give rene a boot up the arse to start scoring consistantly again. realistically karl baker isnt going to do alot release him and put that money towards logan along with artemi's wage n thats near enough half his wages paid for....

but surely getting a better winger in than stevens n thompson could prove to be a better signing. i think its time to move on from the days of stevens now... the guy isnt as bad as some people say but he isnt a 40 game a season league 2 player... dont forget we have macklin back soon thats a signing in himself providing he decides to train not tweet constantly.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well if our budget has that many restrictions on it then we are indeed forked, well and truely forked.

I share the same concerns as Dazgull and Stevie.D ,do not get why we are even looking at a player described as to slow and not cutting the mustard by Dorchester Town fans. Oh well least we might see a spike in the gulls nest profits.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

forevertufc wrote:Well if our budget has that many restrictions on it then we are indeed forked, well and truely forked.
I share the same concerns as Dazgull and Stevie.D ,do not get why we are even looking at a player described as to slow and not cutting the mustard by Dorchester Town fans. Oh well least we might see a spike in the gulls nest profits.. :)

I have to admit that i have only been accepting of Lings decision to bring in Logan because i know nothing about the player himself and so i thought it unwise for me to be passing comment on how good or bad this move for him is as i don't know what he's like. From the sounds of it he is not the person we are looking for to put it in mildly polite terms and it would appear that the person we ARE looking for isn't within reach because apparently we have zero cash available.

If both sets of scenarios are indeed correct ( Logan is sh*t and we also have zero cash ) then Dave my good man you would appear to be correct in your assumption that we are forked and also plunging headlong into a massive trifle made out of relegation. :-/