Exeter City v Torquay United - 28/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Brucie - Taylor did well enough....better than cravat wearing Tiswas.
Macklin blowing out of his arse? Well, he hasn't played a game since October so what did you expect?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fantastic effort from the team, best performance in a long time for me not much time to expand on that as I ma to work soon.

Stood with the fans behind the goal( Bengull,Dannyrv,and awayday :clap: )Great laugh top effort lads.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Great result and a massive 3 points so I don't care how it was won tonight. Next stop Whaddon Road for Chelts on Saturday so I will be there as it's just down the road from my daughters place. She takes the missus shopping and I go to the footy!!! Every one's a winner so see you there. :)
Oblivion!!!!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Shocked!

Brucie made me laugh out loud!

Macklin was indeed blowing out of his ring, but give the man a break.

Great performance from the boys in yellow. Well done to all those who went to that dive to watch it. I was sat in a pub in Kingsteignton with a few other gulls drinking pints of Tribute next to a log fire. Happy days.

League table looks sweet tonight!

Yellow Army!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

Bloody Brilliant! We presse dthem so well for the first hour or so, the amount of errors we forced in their half was incredible. If we regain some fluency going forward then we should start scoring a lot more goals as we are winnign the ball high up the pitch a lot.
Yes it looks like we retreated at the end but Cureton and Bouzza opened the game up for them and we were too knackered to press the whole pitch. Apart from Bouzza's header they only had long shots.
All were excellent, though I am concerned Nicho is past it, out of position a lot and terrible crossing. Im all for giving Cruise a run in the team.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Played extremely well and not sure why a few think we didn't. Totally in control in the first half and in very difficult conditions. Second half kept our shape, dug in, worked for each other, and got the result. Proper football. Excellent summing up by Taylor as well at the end of the game Brucie (he's a footballer not a journalist or politician!) ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Shocked!

Great performance from the boys in yellow. Well done to all those who went to that dive to watch it. I was sat in a pub in Kingsteignton with a few other gulls drinking pints of Tribute next to a log fire. Happy days.

Yellow Army!

Is this heaven or what? :nod:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Shocked!

Yellow Army!

What pub in KTN was that? I'm a KTN exile you see. Sandygate Inn was my local or maybe Dewdrop or that one by the chipshop at the fountain. Mind you that was back in 1977!!!!! :nod:
Oblivion!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Kingsteignton has been demolished Oxgull. It's now a huge TESCO.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Very proud of my team tonight. I keep saying it but we are hard to beat. Great defence.
If only we had a really good wide player. I like Danny but the end result from him once again was so disappointing.
We only need one more QUALITY offensive player to make a real difference.
Well done the lads.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I must confess, I haven't really seen any previous interviews of note with Tisdale. Um, he's not exactly the most dynamic and inspirational of managers, is he?
TUST member 203
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

divingbboy wrote:I must confess, I haven't really seen any previous interviews of note with Tisdale. Um, he's not exactly the most dynamic and inspirational of managers, is he?

and that's just his clothes! :~D
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

Excellent example of winning ugly. Very impressed with how we made a form side look less than average. Well done to all, especially management, who I think were tactically spot on.

On to peripheral stuff, ventured deep into enemy territory and had a couple of pints in their bar. Was there for the CAMRA Winter Ales festival last week, but impressed to see that as well as St Austell brews behind the bar, they had a guest ale stillage with pasties and sausage rolls. Outside was a Kennford Farms (?) food shack doing local sausages, burgers etc. and another bar. Beats the bland cack at Plainmoor into a cocked hat, I must say - they only sell bottled Bays (a Paignton brew for chrissakes!) like it's some kind of secret and ditched the quality pasties years ago for generic crap football fodder.

Home support at Sid James pitiful. I don't know who the so-called 'Siege Army' are but they might as well pack it in right now if that's the best they can muster for a home derby.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Absolutely ecstatic after that. Nothing sweeter than beating your biggest rivals on their own patch. Ok it wasn't pretty and we were under the cosh for so long, and it was agony to endure that with a minimal view, but none of that matters. A massive well done for each and every player tonight, every single one put a shift in and the looks on the faces of the players at the final whistle summed it all up.

I think we've been needing that for a while now, just to convince ourselves that we're not crap, even though as you all know I have been trying to remain positive throughout our bad spell, and whilst that performance doesn't confirm us as worldbeaters, or that a promotion push is on the cards, it will give us confidence that we can compete against the bigger teams in the league, and that we don't need to see ourselves as amongst the worst.

545 is a pretty meagre effort in all honesty, but you can kind of justify that with several good reasons, what I will say is full credit to each and every fan tonight, we really made our voices heard. I think we out sung the home end for the majority. I am now going to watch the entire thing again on my skyplus, not only because I am very sad, but because I want to relive it all again.

Lastly, that away end, absolute disgrace, I really am not sure how it continues to pass health and safety checks and procedures, it is completely the worst in the league but tonight it felt like a really great place to be- the 'toilets' not so much.

Absolutely brilliant, one of those nights we'll always remember, onwards and upwards.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bengull wrote:Absolutely ecstatic after that. Nothing sweeter than beating your biggest rivals on their own patch. Ok it wasn't pretty and we were under the cosh for so long, and it was agony to endure that with a minimal view, but none of that matters. A massive well done for each and every player tonight, every single one put a shift in and the looks on the faces of the players at the final whistle summed it all up.

I think we've been needing that for a while now, just to convince ourselves that we're not crap, even though as you all know I have been trying to remain positive throughout our bad spell, and whilst that performance doesn't confirm us as worldbeaters, or that a promotion push is on the cards, it will give us confidence that we can compete against the bigger teams in the league, and that we don't need to see ourselves as amongst the worst.

545 is a pretty meagre effort in all honesty, but you can kind of justify that with several good reasons, what I will say is full credit to each and every fan tonight, we really made our voices heard. I think we out sung the home end for the majority. I am now going to watch the entire thing again on my skyplus, not only because I am very sad, but because I want to relive it all again.

Lastly, that away end, absolute disgrace, I really am not sure how it continues to pass health and safety checks and procedures, it is completely the worst in the league but tonight it felt like a really great place to be- the 'toilets' not so much.Absolutely brilliant, one of those nights we'll always remember, onwards and upwards.
I'd have been up sh*t creek then mate! Literally. :Z