How many to Cheltenham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

How many to Cheltenham?

Post by Plymouth Gull »

We normally have a few here anyway but this is the first Saturday in several years. How many fancy it? Would it be wrong to expect 700+?

I wasn't 100% sure about it, after last night, I'm there! :)
BletchleyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by BletchleyGull »

I will be there with my partner and my son who is 6 months old (he has already seen 6 games and we haven't lost in those games) so fingers crossed with that record.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i would expect 500 at least
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I would hope 400ish. I'll be there as it's only 50 minutes from Launton and the daughter lives just down the road.
Oblivion!!!!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Yeah I think 400 is about right. Il definitely be there!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

..and me.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

oxgull wrote:I would hope 400ish. I'll be there as it's only 50 minutes from Launton and the daughter lives just down the road.
I presume you mean Taunton, not Launceston, then..? :-/
But Taunton is 77 miles from Cheltenham, so you would be exceeding the speed limits anyway..!! :-o
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Shift changed sorted, off Friday night, so me and BC-gull will be going to Cheltenham, do not normaly make to more than 3 or so away games a season. Doing 2 in a week wow. :) Weather permitting.. :'(

Oxgull will send you a pm.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gullscorer wrote:Here's somebody else going to Cheltenham: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21246947

We should probably find it useful to have somebody similar coming to Torquay..!!

Yeah it's amazing how a club similar to us ( in Cheltenham )can get Benson meanwhile we get Logan. :'(

Like Ling said, let's be honest, we're Torquay and we all have to accept it.

Like f*ck we do!

Feeling a bit sick now i've read this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy, I don't want to get into another argument but we aren't that similar to Chelts. Infact we're only really similar in terms of attendances.

In the last 15 months they've had games against Spurs, Everton and a POF at Wembley, all good money there. They haven't just build a £2m stand or a £300k training ground as we have, so we're paying that back before we kick on. They dont need to do that, hence why they can get players like this. Also as I've said before I think location plays a part. Cheltenham have players on over £2k p/w, something we can only dream of at the moment. They have a budget which is one of the highest in the league.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No probs Nick, facts incorrect. Sorry :Oops: . It's just a bit of frustration despite last nights buoyant win that i see other clubs not much bigger than us signing decent players and we seem to be scrabbling around in the gutter so to speak. I accept that we have spent money on the infrastructure and they haven't and they have had a cup run too so you are right that they are able to attract better players at this moment in time. I just don't want to admit it :@ i suppose as it means our ambitions are severely limited. :'(

No worries Nick, i'm not looking for an argument either as there is no need so don't worry. :) :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

On the other hand, it's not always money we need depend upon.

We have in recent times picked up players for next to nothing and seen them move on to make a big profit for the club. We've also picked up players who were regarded at best as unpromising, and seen their form improve dramatically during their time here, and established themselves as firm favourites.

I've no doubt that similar things will happen again, and in the not-too-distant future..
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

forevertufc wrote:Shift changed sorted, off Friday night, so me and BC-gull will be going to Cheltenham, do not normaly make to more than 3 or so away games a season. Doing 2 in a week wow. :) Weather permitting.. :'(

Oxgull will send you a pm.

Got it Dave! I will be about a mile away down on Carlton Road so see you there.
Oblivion!!!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

If we were up near the play offs and playing more convincing football, then I would have said around 1,000! However that is not the case so I'd thought around 500 Gulls fans there, maybe perhaps 600 seeing as we beat City.

Sadly, I won't be one of the fans at Cheltenhamshire :'( I usually go but can't afford it ATM :'(

Cheer them on boys and oh remember to give some stick to the numpties in the corner near the away end! :-D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.