Goal scoring. That's what its all about!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'll do the latter! Cheers mate! :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I take it from the user name you are a big cricket fan, which is your team?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A problem shared, is a problem halfed, so by posting every day on this site, Andy is getting all the therapy he needs.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:rofl:

Never a truer word Dave, never a truer word. Oh and just out of interest, do you agree in part with some of my points or do you think i'm still a nutter? ;-)

:lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes Andy I do agree in part with alot of what you say, however not all. I can vouch you do see enough Torquay games each season to have a valid opinion.

I believe this season we have underachieved, we may have a middle 8 budget but our team/squad have enough ability and quality there to have done marginly better than they have to this point. I do not believe lack of budget this season has been the biggest factor, it has played a part however , the squad has had more injuries this season than those before and our club did not have the money along the way to bring in wholesale replacments, which has not helped.

I believe that a few to many of our players have underperformed through out the season, not going to even try and specualte as to why and where the fault lies, I do not not believe through out season we have always got the best out of what we do have, again if I am right where does the fault for that lie, the players ? or management ?

The club will never be able to give the full backing with funds that Lingy would like, however in Martin Ling we do have a manager I believe capable of fixing some of the problems on the field we have had this term, what he needs is some extra backing from the board. With a bit of luck the entire board will be united and give that extra support.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Some good and reasoned points Dave. I'm off to Rochdale next weekend and then am coming down for the Wycombe home game on the 26th so that will be two more games to notch up this season. I probably over react to the home games based on what others are posting because i haven't seen ( nearly all ) of them but i go to most away games and i get to see a pattern in terms of performances in enough of those games to be able to have a comment on them and often the away games i don't get to follow the same pattern i am used to so i can make reasonably sound assumptions on what will happen and i have rarely been wrong about the ones i've missed ( apart from the local derbies which i got wrong ).

I'm going in the bench for the Wycombe game Dave so won't see you and all the others in there but i might nip in to B&L for a quick soft beverage.

I'll make another home game before the season is out making it 3 this term up from 2 last. If i can make it 5 next season then i'm making progress!

Either way, i'm just anticipating the summer comings and goings now as i've lost interest in the team this season, they look clueless most of the time and i'm pretty bored. I'll still go and support from the terraces when i can get but my enthusiasm has been killed by watching Lings footy. God knows how you season ticket holders feel! Ultimate mediocrity is absolutely fine but not when it is settled for before even half the season had gone and not when it's achieved by sending fans into a coma.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oh and i forgot to say that i always respect your knowledge and opinions on Tufc mate and like reading them. :-D