Richard Logan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I don't think a striker is our biggest priority at the moment but if the manager thinks that Logan can make a difference then we should offer him a deal until the end of the season. Too many times I have looked at the bench when we are trailing and struggled to see any viable options to turn things around. It was only a few games ago against MK Dons when all we could do was bring Niall and Saul on who made little or no difference. Logan would atleast offer us presence in the box.

I remember a similar reaction when we signed Guy Branston, many people thought we were getting a hopeless, past it, journeyman donkey who would get sent off every other game because of his previous disciplinary problems, in the end what we got a cult hero, club player of the season and a defender chosen in the team of the year. Sometimes a player and a club just fit perfectly.

It is interesting to note that many fans would have jumped at us taking him back for the remainder of the season - even though he couldnt get a game at Bradford or Rotherham last year, Aldershot or Rovers this year, teams who are/were vastly inferior to us in terms of league position, if that is the case for Branston, I don't see why there is such deridement over Logan, when the two situations are very similar.

Give the guy a chance.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Andy, there is no alternative to Rene Howe in the squad, so Martin Ling is right to go out and have a look. Personaly I am not a fan of using the loan market, however if a person can not afford to buy a decent house they would not buy a pig sty, the would rent one, if a person can not afford to buy a decent car and must go on a long drive somewhere they would not try it in a 31 year old clapped out banger, they would rent one. We clearly can not afford to buy in the right type of player, so rent one untill the end of the season and then look again.

As for Logan of course Lingy may not sign him and as for the player I am reading more between the lines, Exeter got relegated to league 2 they are not flushed with cash much more than we are, yet they released him so clearly thought he had little to offer them in league 2, he signed for Wycombe they have the budget to keep a number of players, yet they also released him 2 months early so they clearly thought he had nothing to offer in league 2 either.

He could not sign above conference south level, signed for Dorchester their fans said he was to slow and never looked like scoring at that level, and two good friends of mine who Exeter fans told me he was past it and likes a drink, that seems to be confirmed by a large number of posts on exeweb..thats why alarm bells are ringing in my head right now.

When wrong I have no problem saying it, so if he signs and starts banging the goals in for us, I will be first on here holding my hands up, can not see it though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

could be his last chance to resurrect his career, the shock may be enough to inject a some life into him, i hope so anyway
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What worries me is that most clubs in our league are actively seeking loanees and making decisive action and bringing them in and playing them meanwhile Ling is stalling, getting in Logan and 'seeing if he's better than what we have' or not. I don't wish to be picky but we haven't got the time to see if he's any good. We need to stick him ( or anyone that comes in ) straight away and to have some sort of impact not spend a month looking whilst we slip into the bottom 2. It's disconcerting to say the least but i just hope to God that Ling knows what he is doing.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

and what happens if Ling decides he IS pants? What then?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

If both sets of scenarios are indeed correct ( Logan is sh*t and we also have zero cash ) then Dave my good man you would appear to be correct in your assumption that we are forked and also plunging headlong into a massive trifle made out of relegation. :-/[/quote]

Blimey dont mention that word, thats not allowed................. :lol:
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

bengull wrote:It was only a few games ago against MK Dons
Am I the only person that doesn't remember this fixture? :Oops:
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Forest gull wrote:If both sets of scenarios are indeed correct ( Logan is sh*t and we also have zero cash ) then Dave my good man you would appear to be correct in your assumption that we are forked and also plunging headlong into a massive trifle made out of relegation. :-/

Blimey dont mention that word, thats not allowed................. :lol:
This post is far to thought provoking, now where is my hammer... :)
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

After watching the Plymouth game today I can safely say I'd much rather we signed Logan than Reuben Reid !!!!
The gulls are going up
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Ha! I was looking at the GAWS signings and thinking we'd missed out with Reid or Murray but as you say No4, perhaps it was a blessing.
Would still like to see somebody come in, to allow some flexability up front. We're all clamouring for someone but who can we realistically see coming our way?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

My biggest concern here is that this seems confirm our boards statement of intent. Nothing against Logan hope it works out for him, as with any player that signs for TUFC. It pains me to think that after all the hard work the consortium put in intially this now where we are, signing players of this calibre. We have had in the past couple of seasons two glourious chances to be the top team in Devon, both now gone. was it all Buckles fault at Old Trafford?

I just hope that our board are doing their level best to improve everything and then push on when everythings in place, for when Alex Rowe said, at the start of the consortiums reign, "the fans have no concerns here we the consortium bleed the yellow and blue of TQY" I felt good, very good. I have only felt concern in the later part of this season.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Could Logan feature tonight or is he still 'on trial' and not registered?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Doubt it very much even if we had signed him, there is no way on this earth he will be fit enough. A few games for Dorchester and Bury Town would not make him sharp enough for league 2.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

..... was apparently going to sign for a month, but not happening now as he has picked up a calf injury, which was the reason he didn't feature in the reserve game against Argyle on Tuesday. He was back training with us again today but had to pull out because of the injury.

Can't see this one happening now, maybe have a look again in pre season, if he isn't fixed up elsewhere beforehand.

The search goes on, it seems ....... 8/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

NOT NEEDED RICHARD! Lingy knows what he's doing so thanks but no thanks. We only asked you as we felt sorry for you anyway, nah we can start climbing the table with what we've got. Just thank your lucky stars you've not joined the madhouse down here at Plainmoor. The only bonus about if you'd signed til the end of the season was that you would then be a free agent whereas some of our under contract players will be non-leaguers. Cheers mate anyway.