Torquay United v Fleetwood Town - 9/2/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Right now, as long as we finish above 2 other teams come the end of April I will be happy. I'm sure I heard fleetwood were on a good run of form and don't concede many away. Sounded like we should have had 2 penalties and the ref didn't give them. Anyone at the game, should we have had any?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Predictably the result was how we all predicted. We didn't score again. It actually makes me laugh how everyone keeps saying how bad Plymouth are and how the loanees they have in are all crap. Well I told you the winger that they had on loan form Palace was useful and lo and behold he scored two today.
What exactly is Lings illness anyway - when Taylor was asked about it pre match he seems to skirt around it in the radio interview.
If he isn't going to be fit anytime soon lets bin the fecker and get a new man in, because we are a complete shambles at the moment.
Wycombe,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth - they are all improving while we are getting worse all the time.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

To those that actually went to the game...

How did Yeoman get on? Big games for him now with his contract up and question marks over his future. Did the pressure get to him?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in.

Didn't deserve to lose that, Fleetwood were crap, time wasted, and basically held on to their 1-0 advantage, JUST.

Yep 2 pen shouts, hit the bar, their goalie made 5 or 6 very good saves in 1st half.

Yeoman and Bodin did OK in my opinion. In fact no bad performances, run out of steam for a major part of 2nd half, Fleetwood niggled us, lot of pushing, climbing all over Jarvis, so made it diificult.

Well for me we didn't do too bad against a so called top team. Who for me had very little going forward.

The goal, in my opinion would not have been if Downes had got into position 10 secs earlier. There's always games like this in a season, we are not crap, but we don't set the world alight either
Last edited by Neal on 09 Feb 2013, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
TUST MEMBER
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:Predictably the result was how we all predicted. We didn't score again. It actually makes me laugh how everyone keeps saying how bad Plymouth are and how the loanees they have in are all crap. Well I told you the winger that they had on loan form Palace was useful and lo and behold he scored two today.
What exactly is Lings illness anyway - when Taylor was asked about it pre match he seems to skirt around it in the radio interview.
If he isn't going to be fit anytime soon lets bin the fecker and get a new man in, because we are a complete shambles at the moment.
Wycombe,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth - they are all improving while we are getting worse all the time.
and as i predicted you pop up when we lose, wouldnt be here if we hadnt

you werent at the game, please go away
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

To be fair PlainmoorRoar, I'm fairly confident 'Brucie' is a trolling Exeter fan...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

he must be, no-one is that much of an arse

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Neal wrote:Just got in.

Didn't deserve to lose that, Fleetwood were crap, time wasted, and basically held on to their 1-0 advantage, JUST.

Yep 2 pen shouts, hit the bar, their goalie made 5 or 6 very good saves in 1st half.

Yeoman and Bodin did OK in my opinion. In fact no bad performances, run out of steam for a major part of 2nd half, Fleetwood niggled us, lot of pushing, climbing all over Jarvis, so made it diificult.

Well for me we didn't do too bad against a so called top team. Who for me had very little going forward.

The goal, in my opinion would not have been if Downes had got into position 10 secs earlier. There's always games like this in a season, we are not crap, but we don't set the world alight either
Poke badly at fault for the goal too

Agree Neal, Bodin had a good first half!

Stevens was a poor sub, should have used thompson

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Glostergull wrote:whats this thing with the site highlighting some of our words in blue. ?
i'm getting that too, thru firefoxs latest update, google it and theres some software beginning with a y that you can delete, reboot and all should be back to normal??
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy will be pleased to know that that was Billy's best performance in a long time, he is finally starting to show what we splashed out for. Could have had a hat-trick today. Unfortunately Jarvis and Yeoman were pretty ineffective, I thought. Lots of effort, but little quality.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Very frustrating game. Was Brian Saah actively TRYING to get booked? Can't believe the number of stunts he pulled today. Amazing that he wasn't sent off.
TUST member 203
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Just got in. This was a good team performance and a result which did not do us justice.

Brucie as usual is wrong but you can't argue that Argyle's dip into the loan market already seems to have worked.

For me almost all the team deserve positive mentions. The only exceptions were Craig and Nicholson who were both really poor and Poke who was really uncertain under the high ball. Jarvis worked really hard, Yeoman looked sharp, Bodin had his best game (particularly in the first half) for many months, Mansell and Lathrope had the midfield sewn up until Fleetwood went 451 in the second half, Downes and Saah were secure at the back but the revelation for me was Leadbitter who was a constant threat down the right wing. In fairness he had to be because Craig did very little in the traditional wing position.

Both Stevens and Macklin looked sharp and quick when they came on. There is no substitute for pace on the wings and we only overcame the Fleetwood 5 man midfield in the second half when they appeared.

Taylor is right in his post-match analysis. We are in a scrap for points to stay clear of relegation but we should be OK if we play like that in future games.

On the penalty issues - the handball looked nailed on (particularly when you consider the award against Jack Wilshere on Weds) but the Bodin incident was definitely not a pen.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

We were rubbish, we couldn't string three passes together, the ball was like a hot potato. Fleetwood were organised and quick (bar Parkin) but what was annoying is that Fleetwood weren't even that good!

The only players on the pitch that should be given any sort of praise was Downes and Bodin. Once again Downes was solid and Bodin seemed much better with good skills getting round players. Saah was average, Yeoman was average the rest were poor with Leabitter having little sparks. We did have a good few chances, but their keeper kept them in it.

We don't show any excitement when we play anymore, I am bored watching Torquay and its just not enjoyable anymore. A huge part of this is because of the way we play and the formation, it's the same every week and it's just not bloody good enough!! CRAIG ON THE WING!!? IT HAPPENS EVERY WEEK AND IT NEEDS TO CHANGE!!! 4-4-2! Thompson/Macklin, Craig, Mansell, Bodin and TWO men upfront! It's not rocket science and it's shocking! We are way too defensive and we need to attack! Why bring on Danny Stevens today and take off Nathan Craig is beyond me when you have Macklin or Thompson on the bench. But anyway, we need a change in tactics, style of play and formation!

This post is a bit all over the place and I apologise for that, but I'll end it with a prediction. Not even 2,000 will be at Plainmoor on Tuesday against Rotherham.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with MrDannyrv. I, too, am bored watching Torquay (and I have to make a 100 mile round trip). Relegation is on the cards. Yeoman is ok - at Blue Square South level. It was blind folly not to bring in any loanees. 'They must be better than those we have already' is the present mantra - Blimey!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Modgull - I cannot actually be wrong if I predicted that we would lose which we did. Its good to see Leadbitter played well again, but you have got to ask why isn't he in the team on a regular basis.
We all know Craig cannot play on the wing - as the last poster said we need a change of tactics with 4-4-2 at home. Thompson and Bodin on the wings with Howe and a decent loan signing up front.
We need to play to our strengths and give Howe some support up front. We are not going to win games playing Jarvis and Yeoman up front.
We njeed to start picking up points and fast.