Benyon Returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Looking at the number of chances we created on Saturday and no one was able to beat the keeper
Benyon at his best would have been ideal to have there poaching
What he is like now only time will tell
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Moaning ? What else do people do except moan !!! =D =D

Pleased with this after all he knows the club and quite a few of the people are still here from his last time with us. Has scored goals in the past and lets hope he can do it again. I really don't know who or what kind of player people were expecting us to sign ?
:scarf: :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thats the thing about Saturday, how many times did we shoot straight at the keeper, for the Fleetwood keeper to parry it right into the danger area with no one following it up, we made their keeper look like a world beater and trust me he wasn't. Benners would have followed all those up because that the type of striker he is, allways in and around the 6 yrd box.

We have to understand he has not been in and around first team football for a while, so it might take a couple of games, it might not, for the lad to get up to speed, but this is a step in the right direction.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Can only be a good thing for us, great news he's back! No longer our number 9 though... New song needed!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

This is good news for us and a boost for Tuesday night. He's not had the best of spells since leaving us, but hasn't played regularly. He scored 13 in 23 for us two years ago to earn his move upwards in January, which is a similar record to Howe so far this season (14 in 27).

Even with Howe we don't have a lot of firepower up front, he'll be a welcome addition.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

RussianGull wrote:Can only be a good thing for us, great news he's back! No longer our number 9 though... New song needed!
Nah, just tweak it:

We've got the boy from up the road, Benyon, Benyon
We've got the boy from up the road, Benyon, Benyon
We've got the boy from up the road, give him the ball, he scores a goal
Elliott Benyon, he's come to us on loan

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Very happy with this, ive always thought that strikers should be tall target men or fast, nippy short ar*es. We now have both of these things in the squad.

Can't wait to see Rene and Benners in action together.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

happy with this, let's hope we can play it to his feet Tuesday night rather than just humping it aimlessly over his head. Could be a good signing for us, providing we make the most of what he's got, and hopefully not expecting him to play targetman role like they did Jarvis at the weekend!
The gulls are going up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

At last someone at Plainmoor has woken up and smelt the coffee. Would not expect too much from him tomorrow night but should fit really well with Howe up front.
A good signing.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Are you okay Brucie?? :O
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Useless - is this what we need right now? a goalscorer with a bit of pace to play along side Howe?!!!

Welcome back Benyon - exactly what we need (after Tuesday when Howe is back) :)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

supergulls wrote:Not a bad signing but didn't we want someone like Rene ?
Only when the big man was out through suspension and he has 1 game left so doubt we will see a replacement for him now. Howe and Benyon has the potential to be a very good partnership.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Re: Elliot Benyon?

by diamondgirl » 30 Jan 2013, 16:49

IMHO I reckon EB would do a good job, alongside the Tank.

I'm REALLY happy with Eliot coming to us on loan. :clap: If it turns out well, I hope we can re-sign him on a perm basis. As I said on 30th Jan. I think he will do a great job alongside Rene. :goal:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

This is good news.

I see it's a one month loan with an option to extend for the rest of the season. Does anyone know the rules on loans in this window? I seem to remember there are some rules on the length of deals - it is possible that the club have left it 'till now to do the deal so that he can be here at the end of the season (including play-offs) rather than getting him in last week and missing him at the end?
With the optimistic language coming from the board I'm thinking this is something they would consider.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PhilGull wrote:This is good news.

I see it's a one month loan with an option to extend for the rest of the season. Does anyone know the rules on loans in this window? I seem to remember there are some rules on the length of deals - it is possible that the club have left it 'till now to do the deal so that he can be here at the end of the season (including play-offs) rather than getting him in last week and missing him at the end?
With the optimistic language coming from the board I'm thinking this is something they would consider.
It's a very optimistic consideration but it may be the reason why the deal has been structured the way it has. I believe the max loan deal is for 93 days, which if my maths are right, would make EB eligible for any p/o semi finals but not in fact the final, to be played on 18th May.

However, I note that the loan deal is initially for 1 month, with an option to extend. With his in mind, I think it could leave the way open for EB to "return" to Southend for 4 or 5 days (all that is needed) at he end of the first month and then return a few days later for the remainder of the season I.e to include the p/o final. Personally I think any talk of reaching the play offs is a little far fetched but it does make sense to plan for all eventualities and how frustrating would it be if a Benyon inspired charge for the play offs ended up with him being ruled out of the Final. We had a similar situation with Craig Stanley who ended up missing the play off matches as it happened, because we turned down the opportunity to create a break in his loan to return to Morecambe - an option which was open to us at the time.
Last edited by CP Gull on 11 Feb 2013, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.