Benyon Returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Hopefully at 25 he'll see this as the perfect opportunity to restart his career.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

The say never go back but Elliott returning may be a really good move for us. Certainly perked me up anyway :)
Oblivion!!!!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

hope so!!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Important time for both club and player. This could be his final shot at the FL so he needs to show what he has shown here before. We need him to hit the net aswell as we have struggled all year really!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Benyon was unfortunate - Swindon was probably the wrong move for him, and Southend have loads of strikers. He is the sort of player who needs to be at his fittest to be at his best. That said he went from us for a hefty fee and that was not without good reason. His hard running style made him a right handful. Really he should be the perfect foil for Howe and at least we have a viable replacement in Jarvis as well.
Now for Zebroski and we will be looking a different team altogether !
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Benyon was unfortunate - Swindon was probably the wrong move for him, and Southend have loads of strikers. He is the sort of player who needs to be at his fittest to be at his best. That said he went from us for a hefty fee and that was not without good reason. His hard running style made him a right handful. Really he should be the perfect foil for Howe and at least we have a viable replacement in Jarvis as well.
:goodpost:
That almost sounds positive Brucie! ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Benyon was unfortunate - Swindon was probably the wrong move for him, and Southend have loads of strikers. He is the sort of player who needs to be at his fittest to be at his best. That said he went from us for a hefty fee and that was not without good reason. His hard running style made him a right handful. Really he should be the perfect foil for Howe and at least we have a viable replacement in Jarvis as well.
Wow. brucie must be getting in to the valentine's mood.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Ah. Now we know who has been sending valentines day cards to Zeb. It's Brucie. AAwweeee
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I don't mind telling you that I got a real buzz seeing Benners at training today. He banged in loads of goals whilst we were watching. I can't wait for tomorrow now .
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

welcome back benners, cant wait to see him hitting the back of the net again, reckon him and howe will be a good pairing :bow: :bow:
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Hope the lad thrives on a bit of pressure, were certainly piling it on in droves here haha!!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I was pleased to see him go in a way, purely because I felt we needed something new and we were getting a great deal financially speaking.

That said, we again need something new and maybe he can provide that. Pleased to have him back to be honest, we know what a threat he can be and we are missing a player like him. I'd rather have Rene, I think he's much more technically gifted and more of a handful, but at the end of the day we can't keep relying on him for goals because a) he has a tendency to get banned, and b) people have figured us out.

So basically, given the situation we are in, I welcome Benyon back with optimism. Let's be honest too, he's in need of us probably as much as we are in need of him. See how it goes. Welcome back Elliott.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

This is really good news. I really believe that in Howe and Benyon we will have the two best natural goalscorers in the division. The challenge will be to give them the ball in the correct areas of the pitch. Which is where we are lacking and have been for most of the season - in midfield and on the flanks.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Modgull wrote:This is really good news. I really believe that in Howe and Benyon we will have the two best natural goalscorers in the division.
High praise indeed! Not sure I can agree though, with the likes of Cureton, Benson, Nardiello, Kee, Akinfenwa and Wells all plying their trade in this division!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Agree with you there CP !! :clap: :clap: :clap: