To cheer us up in a time of doom...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickfrench
New Signing
New Signing

Post by nickfrench »

Were people genuinly suggesting that our board would've considered Buckle to come back in?

They wouldn't have approached him if they were a group of failing alcoholics and he had his own chain of off-licences. When he left, although the timing was terrible, the board hardly put up much of a fight to keep him, in fact I think one of the consortium offered to drive him to Rovers!!!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Just had a look at the Aldershot forum and they seem to be of the opinion that Paul Buckle was at the game last night. Don't know whether anyone can confirm this, but that would certainly have got the rumours flying on here if he had of been spotted ... as it is, with the sacking of Dean Holdsworth today, there are some on their forum suggesting he may be lined up as a replacement? Can't see that myself, I would have thought a return for ex boss Gary Waddock wold be far more likely.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Has Buckle's CV once again found it's way into the main office at Swindon Town, maybe.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Well Buckle played for Aldershot years ago as well so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for him to apply.
Oblivion!!!!