The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

On my main bet i've had £25 on Legia (now winning :na: ), Chesterfield, Partick ( poor away win record but need to sort this out asap to get closer to rop spot so it's blind faith ), Rotherham ( who ALWAYS don't win whenever i've picked them at home this season ) , Grimsby at home to Ebbsfleet, Codheads need to win to keep pressure on Wrexham and Everton. All in i'll get nearly £300.

I'm having some smaller bets too like fiver accas so let's wait and see.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

St Polten letting the side down although i didn't get my bet on in time so escaped that one. Have you ever had a bet in play like next team to score and just as the betslip is counting down the seconds for the bet to placed the other team score right at the time the bet is placed? It happens all the time. :-/

St Polten to draw 2-2 :nod:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yeah frequently mate, you did say they would concede so maybe the correct bet wouldve been no clean sheet, 3-1 now i see, but 2/3 is good
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've gone head to head with you bix and backed Aberdeen in an acca! :clap:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

One team has just jumped out at me at a cracking price too! Donny to win at Shrewsbury at 13/8!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Another one mate, Wolfsburg away at Offenbach in the cup, Offenbach are in the 3rd tier near the bottom and Wolfsburg, although near the bottom of the bundesliga have a much better away record then home.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

brentford at crawley too?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

even exeter, best away from ever, 15/4, tranmere 29/20?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

6/1 torquay tonight and saturday, altho we all know it'll be 1-0 to stanley!! and no i'm not going, mums up for long weekend from newton abbot, so will be wining and dining her instead of standing on that shit open terrace!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

[quote="bixieupnorth"]6/1 torquay tonight and saturday, altho we all know it'll be 1-0 to stanley!! and no i'm not going, mums up for long weekend from newton abbot, so will be wining and dining her instead of standing on that sh*t open terrace![/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean! Hope i'm a bit better and then i can go otherwise it's another one i'll have to write off. I actually said after the only time i went there that i would never ever go back to that place again but the lads need our support so if i'm 75% i'm off.

Brentford let me down on saturday but i reckon they could bounce back and Tranmere looks a good bet, that one slipped under my radar a little. Either way Bix, let's hope that i feel better, we both win some cash and the Torquay boys finish the night on 40 points and it will be job done all round! :bow: :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i see mainz conceded in 86th and 90+3 to draw!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

shrews down to ten men
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I lost! AGAIN! :'(
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

We are 2/1 to win tomorrow. When you actually take that on paper at face value then Accrington at 5/4 and Torquay at 2/1 seems a fair market but the bookies just don't know how bad we are and how little we create. I would have thought 3/1 would be the fairest and even that wouldn't tempt me to back it with stolen money.In realistic terms the likelihood of us winning tomorrow is extremely low and so i want 20/1!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thanks FC Halifax for costing me a £200 win. Had 29 shots to Harrogates 4 but still lost at home 2-1. Plums!!!!