Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

cambgull wrote:Emet, if there are no stickers on the back of the machine and the ID inside the door is gone, the only other place is sometimes on the front panel.

Otherwise, go back to the retailer you bought it from, they might still have a record.

If worst comes to worst, PM me a picture of it with an approx age and brand name and I can try and find it for you. I work in the industry!
Got a model number off the back thanks, no product number but engineer says model number is enough.
My point was that SOMEWHERE in the house is the instruction booklet complete with all this information on (its broken down before so I wrote it all on), but Mrs Beard is what she calls 'cosmetically tidy' which means that rather than putting things away in the correct place it goes in the nearest drawer/cupboard as long as its out of site, resulting in EVERY drawer/cupboard is an untidy mess.
IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PUT THINGS AWAY IN THE CORRECT PLACE LEAVE THE FOOKERS OUT FFS! :@
(Turned into a rant now........... :-/ )
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Couldn't agree more on that one! At least your missus is even remotely tidy though. I spent 8 hours over Monday/Tuesday tidy and making the house like a showroom. By 11pm Wednesday evening, all the surfaces were covered in rubbish again.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Wisconsin_gull wrote: Cooking will be intermiitent for a while until I can prioritise the spend....
And this is on the whinge, moan, rant thread? In my house that would be on the 'reasons to be chirpy' thread :~D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westbaygull wrote: And this is on the whinge, moan, rant thread? In my house that would be on the 'reasons to be chirpy' thread :~D
it would be with your cooking......... :rofl:

i suppose they would all whinge, moan, rant etc if you were cooking..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:
Got a model number off the back thanks, no product number but engineer says model number is enough.
My point was that SOMEWHERE in the house is the instruction booklet complete with all this information on (its broken down before so I wrote it all on), but Mrs Beard is what she calls 'cosmetically tidy' which means that rather than putting things away in the correct place it goes in the nearest drawer/cupboard as long as its out of site, resulting in EVERY drawer/cupboard is an untidy mess.
IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PUT THINGS AWAY IN THE CORRECT PLACE LEAVE THE FOOKERS OUT FFS!
:@
(Turned into a rant now........... :-/ )
aaarrrrggghhh, that sounds just like my bloody missus.it drives me up the wall. :@ shes been the same for years. finally, i spent a week off, tidying, decluttering, labelling and putting things in correct places so it was tidy and we could find stuff. the place was immaculate.

but no she carried on as normal, now its worse than ever, she just stuffs anything in any drawer, cupboard or crevice she can find. plus she over-clutters the place with bloody tins of beans or god knows what when she goes to the supermarket. our house starts to resemble the stock room of the 99p shop when she has been in town, it all gets stuffed in drawers and i cant find bugger all.

i put important paperwork on the table sometimes, she tidies up, it gets stuffed somewhere,never to be seen again.

we argue about these things at least 2 or 3 times a week. oh christ, do we need marriage guidance counselling?

:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

no chunky me old mate.

its a hit-man you need! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

does anyone know how much one would cost? :whistle:

:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I caught a bus today and had to take out a loan to pay the fare. It was the first time i have caught a bus in years and it will certainly be the last. Unbelievable!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Bird watchers at nature reserves.

First of all i wish i had the time to spend all day sat on my arse eating sandwiches and drinking tea. I know builders and council workers do it but to just watch some ducks is taking the p*ss.

Secondly, what is the attraction? It's a mallard, it's a swan, it's a grebe, it's a coot, it's a moorhen, big wow. I reckon i should play a trick and randomly release some Ostriches at one and watch them all pull one off in their hides. What a mess. :Z

Can i just say that i myself take part in the RSPB surveys and care deeply about birds but to spend all day obsessing is bloody odd.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

[quote="austrianandygull"]Bird watchers at nature reserves.

First of all i wish i had the time to spend all day sat on my arse eating sandwiches and drinking tea. I know builders and council workers do it but to just watch some ducks is taking the p*ss.

Secondly, what is the attraction? It's a mallard, it's a swan, it's a grebe, it's a coot, it's a moorhen, big wow. I reckon i should play a trick and randomly release some Ostriches at one and watch them all pull one off in their hides. What a mess. :Z

Can i just say that i myself take part in the RSPB surveys and care deeply about birds but to spend all day obsessing is bloody odd.[/q

Just like yourself Andy, I feed the birds, take pics sometimes, but it isn't an obsession. But then again everyone to their own, and many tweeters may wonder what is the big deal about paying (quite a lot of money) to watch 22 grown men kick a bag of wind about? And travelling all over the country to do it? :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

A fair reposte Emet to which i can have no argument or repl :bow: y.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Tweeters? Should have said 'twitchers' :-/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You probably aren't too far wrong these days Emet.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

you know what really grinds my gears.

people who put their kids in danger by not watching them properly and keeping them under control.

something happened to me the other day that really p!$$ed me off.

Driving down a main road i went to turn right into a side road. a car was coming the other way so i stopped at the top of the road at the junction for the other car to come through.

the car comes through and gets near to me. the car cautiously stops to evaluate the situation and to check he has enough room to go through.

a gaggle of mothers and their small children and prams are walking along the the pavement towards the kerb.

i'm not moving, the other cars not moving. LUCKILY! something then happens so quickly and in an instant if we had of been moving, or not so aware it could have been fatal.

a very small young boy about 3 to 4 years old ran accross the road between the 2 cars and slipped over. you could only just see him , my view of him was below the bonnet. if either car had been moving he could have been killed.

thankfully he got up ok though and ran back to his mum.

his mum was not watching him and has not took a blind bit of notice of what has happened.she is texting on her mobile, smoking a fag and yapping to her mates whilst leaning on a pram. she looked very young herself. kids having kids, yet again.

i stare at her, i havent moved my car an inch by the way, neither has the other driver. we have done nothing wrong.

this mum stares back and decides to hurl a load of foul-mouthed abuse at me and waving her hands, pointing telling her mates what a w**ker i am. yelling what you f***ing looking at.

the mum and her mates procede to cross the road and walk off.

i never normally start anything with anybody and prefer just to keep my head down. my wife starts winding the window down to say something, but i beat her to it. i get the red mist. i am so annoyed with myself that i sunk to this level. i feel so ashamed but i dont think i have ever been so angry. i am almost as annoyed at myself as i am at the chavvy reprobate with the children.
i started shouting at her who the f**k are you yelling at, I am not the one in the wrong, the car wasnt even moving, if it wasnt for me and that bloke your f***ing kid might have been run over and killed, you're not fit to be a mother, keep control of your f***ing children, you stupid f***ing cow.it would help if you did your f***ing job properly and kept a proper f***ing eye on them.

of course when i composed myself and looked around there was a group of secondary school kids stood there laughing theirselves silly. which did not help the way i was feeling.

so yeah there we have it another example of people who shouldnt be having children in the first place knocking out a whole brood of them and then not bloody looking after them. watching a small child near traffic should be one of the most basic of things surely?

who would have been villified, blamed and hated if that little boy had been run over. the mum or the bastard that ran him over?

anyway i drove almost the same route today and who do i see , same gaggle of mums. same chavvy reprobate yapping to her mates, not bloody watching her kid properly as he happily ran along the pavement.

people who put their children in danger by not watching them properly and keeping them under control.

thats something that really grinds my gears.
Last edited by chunkygull on 08 Mar 2013, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

you know what really grinds my gears.

people in busy petrol stations that keep everybody waiting.

pulled into a busy petrol station today. so busy it was, the queue looked like rush hour in down town calcutta.

i'm already running late in between jobs which have been spaced out about four miles apart and my appointment times overlap each other. :-/

my car has been cruising on fumes because i am so determined to squeeze every last bloody drop of the petrol i had spent £25 on only the day before.

the cars move forward i havent quite burst a blood vessel yet or had an embolism, i have got a banging headache though as the tension and stress levels start to rise.

the woman in the car in front is at the pump. inexplicably she starts to fiddle around with god knows what in her glove compartment,faffing around with stuff in her handbag, then starts doing her hair in the mirror,surely she has had time to do this as we have already been queueing for 10 minutes.

her phone must have rang because i can then see she is having a full on conversation on the precious and holy mobile. despite the signs in the station saying do not use mobile phones the lure of the ringtone and having a pointless chat with her cronies for probably the 50th time that morning already was too great. 8/
finally after about 6 minutes and much huffing and puffing and pointing at an imaginary watch from me the lovely considerate lady finally emerges from her vehicle. and after a bit of head scratching and more faffing puts her petrol in her car, not a continuous flow though, stop/start/stop/start. finally she is finished. thank god i thought the end is in sight.

bear in mind we are in a pay at the pump queue, but no she cant fathom it and has to go in the shop to pay, thus joining a mile long queue.

all this time by the way the pump in front of her was empty, but i could not go around her because 2 inconsiderate pricks were parked opposite the pumps despite clear signs up asking people not to, and cones put there to prevent this. :B

the lady could have pulled forward to the front pump during the time she was on her phone but obviously her conversation was so important and engrossing she did not notice the free space in front of her, not even when she got out of the car either funny enough. neither did she notice the queue of about 15 cars building behind her and the poor bastard behind her especially giving himself a coronary because he is already about 25 minutes late for work. :Oops:

so petrol is pumped, lady goes into shop, does she think oh cars are queueing behind me, queue in the shop is massive, id better just queue,pay and go. no, no that would be too easy and considerate, she goes shopping (F***ING SHOPPING) for another 6 minutes. then queues for another 5, gets back to the car, bit more faffing about AND HALLELF***INGLUJAH she drives off. :clap: :slap:

i seize my chance once i am able to move my arms to drive the car because i have gripped the wheel so hard and tense my hands and arms have gone numb, i drive to the front pump, do the pay at the pump service , get back inthe car, drive off. total time to do my petrol, 1 minute 55 seconds, total time in the garage 32 minutes. :@

so yeah -

people in busy petrol stations that keep everbody waiting.

thats something that really grinds my gears.
Last edited by chunkygull on 08 Mar 2013, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.