Welling v Torquay United Sat 7 Sept KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Seymour was at least level when Cooke flicked the ball on. The linesman did not flag until after the ball had entered the net.

Hes obviously given offside because Cooke was standing in an offside position when he recieved the ball.

Law 11 states " a player in an offside position recieving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball is not considered to have gained an advantage"

Their player has deliberately played the ball, it has not rebounded off him, the ball has come off his foot as he attempts t control it.

Therefore its a goal - no dispute about it whatsoever. The referee who was in a far better position to see it should have over ruled the linesman. I dont see how anyone can view it as the correct decision. Watch the facebook video of the incident from behind the goal.

Officials got it wrong pure and simple.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

I’d like to second the comment about Lovett. He was certainly a competent back up with us and I thought was unlucky not be retained. To my knowledge he’d never said anything negative about his time with us.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So the ref has phoned Wotton and apologised for the error over the disallowed goal.

Infuriating that its cost us 3 points. Blatantly obvious at the time the goal should have stood.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 11 Sep 2024, 09:37 So the ref has phoned Wotton and apologised for the error over the disallowed goal.

Infuriating that its cost us 3 points. Blatantly obvious at the time the goal should have stood.
Vindicates those who called it correctly from the outset. I know of at least one ex pro who thought it was offside.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Disappointing of course as who knows we may have won the game but fair play to the referee for doing that, no all would have done it.

Onwards and hopefully that dropped point or three won’t hurt us come the end of the season.

COYY :scarf: