Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I saw Oblivion with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman in it the other day.

It looked like it was heading in a good direction but the plot got very convoluted around the mid-way point and basically lost my intrigue. Fairly flat in the end. 5/10
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Batchelorette. Kak. Thank God it was only an hour and 20 mins long.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

[quote="chunkygull"
2 other films where the storylines centred around horses that i really enjoyed and thought were really good are Hidalgo and War Horse.neither of which is usually my sort of thing but both were really good entertainment and good stories. War Horse brought a bloody tear to my eye I tells ya. [/quote]

nothing to add here except to point out that the guy wrote the War Horse book has a big Devon connection. His name is Michael Morpurgo and he has a charity called Farms for City Children, designed to get kids from urban areas out to the rural areas. They basically spend a week on the farm doing a lot of the stuff that actual farmers do; feeding pigs, milking cows, etc. I mention this because when I was at Oldway Primary we did this - the farm was close to Iddleslieigh (Nethercott Farm). Anyway, it was brilliant, so I'm quite pleased he's done so well.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

The zookeeper - yeah, it was ok, funny and likeable in places. starring kevin james (ive been told a few times i look like him), a typical film produced by adam sandlers lot, an inspired voice cast, a bit predictable, a bit of mindless, harmless fun. 7/10 (just)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

happytorq wrote:[quote="chunkygull"
2 other films where the storylines centred around horses that i really enjoyed and thought were really good are Hidalgo and War Horse.neither of which is usually my sort of thing but both were really good entertainment and good stories. War Horse brought a bloody tear to my eye I tells ya.
nothing to add here except to point out that the guy wrote the War Horse book has a big Devon connection. His name is Michael Morpurgo and he has a charity called Farms for City Children, designed to get kids from urban areas out to the rural areas. They basically spend a week on the farm doing a lot of the stuff that actual farmers do; feeding pigs, milking cows, etc. I mention this because when I was at Oldway Primary we did this - the farm was close to Iddleslieigh (Nethercott Farm). Anyway, it was brilliant, so I'm quite pleased he's done so well.[/quote]

Warhorse is absolute cack. Save a couple of hours of your life and give it a miss. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: nothing to add here except to point out that the guy wrote the War Horse book has a big Devon connection. His name is Michael Morpurgo and he has a charity called Farms for City Children, designed to get kids from urban areas out to the rural areas. They basically spend a week on the farm doing a lot of the stuff that actual farmers do; feeding pigs, milking cows, etc. I mention this because when I was at Oldway Primary we did this - the farm was close to Iddleslieigh (Nethercott Farm). Anyway, it was brilliant, so I'm quite pleased he's done so well.
Warhorse is absolute cack. Save a couple of hours of your life and give it a miss. :-/[/quote]
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: nothing to add here except to point out that the guy wrote the War Horse book has a big Devon connection. His name is Michael Morpurgo and he has a charity called Farms for City Children, designed to get kids from urban areas out to the rural areas. They basically spend a week on the farm doing a lot of the stuff that actual farmers do; feeding pigs, milking cows, etc. I mention this because when I was at Oldway Primary we did this - the farm was close to Iddleslieigh (Nethercott Farm). Anyway, it was brilliant, so I'm quite pleased he's done so well.
Warhorse is absolute cack. Save a couple of hours of your life and give it a miss. :-/[/quote]
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Mesrine 1 and 2, quality.

for my sins, Jersey shore is addictive. Sad but true.

Also, catch Breaking Bad if you haven't already.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

THOR: The Dark World. loved it, good sequel, the time went fast.an unusual film in a way, a few twists, a bit predictable in places, but that depends on how many films you watch. 8.5/10 :) :-D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Watched a film with 3/4 stars on the Sky scale, Collision Course.

Absolutely Shiite! 0/4 would have been too many stars! :@
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This got lost before...

Crash: Absolutely magnificent, best film I've seen for years. Dangerously close to perfect. Utterly, utterly wonderful.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep it was a good film not sure it would give me the sticky fingers you've obviously experienced ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

The World's End - watched this last night and was very disappointed. Lil Martyman loved it, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as funny as Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.

Also saw first ten minutes of The Wolverine, but then...zzzzz... :nod:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I saw this film for the first time today. The visual quality is not good, and it's not a new film, but it's a devastating and important one. It was broadcast in the USA on CBS in 1993. It was then withdrawn and never re-broadcast, never exhibited in cinemas, and never released on VHS or DVD. It was censored and suppressed, because of the influence of pressure groups and lobbyists, and nothing like it, so far as I know, has been broadcast or exhibited since that time:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Arthur Christmas - Loved it, very clever, good fun, loved the story, great voice cast. Put me in the right mood. 9/10 :~D

Also been watching some of those really corny, really bad, really cheesy, low budget, badly acted, made for tv, typical american, Christmas films that they have been showing since the 1st of November on Channel 5, Sony Movies, Christmas 24 and True Movies Christmas - I just cant help it they are so bad, they are good, I bleedy loves 'em. :-D