Wycombe Wanderers vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

half time, good half just need that goal!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:bbc text 38:43 - Quote - corner taken right footed by Nikki Bull??????? What??????? :-D
Is the text lying? If so I'm totally out of the loop :(

Yes after he's been subbed will do Westy but let's make it worth his while :twisted:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

this sounds even better than oxford away ?? we surely have to push on and win this? cant imagine hemmings will get as much space second half tho?
still keeping the faith
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

What a great half!! Great stuff lads, great singing from Back Step Army, smashing commentary, Bees winning, life doesn't get much better than this. But another goal for us would be lovely.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

This is what i just sent to my mates to summarise:

Half time 1-1, pretty good half from us. Their goal was lucky, mansell slipped on the wing, cross came in bevan saves the first shot and the rebound is cleared off the line but the ref gave it. Hard to say if it went in or not. Then on we battered them, they can't live with Hemmings on the wing and wroe is in loads of space. Had a few shots, eventually there was a scramble from a corner and it came to wroe who smashed it in the top corner. They havent done much, although ainsworth hit a post and betsy tripped over his feet trying to put the rebound in from about 3 yards. Betsy is looking their most dangerous player, but Hemmings has been outstanding for us on the left (apart from this crossing, but he's at least getting to the right places!)

Cold fingers after typing that!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

We better win today. Got a friend here in Norway who is a Wycombe fan, so bragging rights is up for grabs :) Will actually bring him with me to Torquay in April to watch the game between the two teams.

COYY!!

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Seems positive.
Right I'm off to raid my cupboard, I'm sure there's a mince pie in there somewhere :)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Cheers Jeff. Hope Betsy has a lil tweak too then... :O
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Jeff wrote:This is what i just sent to my mates to summarise:

Half time 1-1, pretty good half from us. Their goal was lucky, mansell slipped on the wing, cross came in bevan saves the first shot and the rebound is cleared off the line but the ref gave it. Hard to say if it went in or not. Then on we battered them, they can't live with Hemmings on the wing and wroe is in loads of space. Had a few shots, eventually there was a scramble from a corner and it came to wroe who smashed it in the top corner. They havent done much, although ainsworth hit a post and betsy tripped over his feet trying to put the rebound in from about 3 yards. Betsy is looking their most dangerous player, but Hemmings has been outstanding for us on the left (apart from this crossing, but he's at least getting to the right places!)

Cold fingers after typing that!
Thanks Jeff, will look forward to reading your match summary.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

half time facts:

Possession: Wycombe45% Torquay55%

Attempts on target
Wycombe1 Torquay1

Attempts off target
Wycombe2 Torquay1

Corners
Wycombe1 Torquay7

Fouls
Wycombe4 Torquay5

edit* Courtesy of the BBC ;-)
Last edited by Yellow4life on 23 Nov 2010, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

We've had more than 1 shot off target!! And more than 1 on too, stupid PA stats.

Forgot to mention that Benyon is being kicked all over the park and getting nothing.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

cmon guys strong 2nd half needed by sounds of it better team easily, patience patience patience,then bang benners hits the winner....... :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

this report from cousins lad at game

all over them, only us in it, s@£^ goal to concede, ainsworth hit post but due some luck, hemmings skinning the full back but final ball lacking like saturday, pace to burn tho
still keeping the faith
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Before we get underway again, can I make the following plea - DO NOT CHECK THE LIVE TABLES!!!!!! I thank you ;-)
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

:Oops: sorry jane ...