Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

downes will be signing.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:downes will be signing.
fantastic news! keep them coming ROADRUNNER!
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ROADRUNNER wrote:downes will be signing.
Add in Saah and Brass confirmed and I'll finally be confident about the upcoming season.

Good news.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

saah still thinking over it.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Key date is June 10th when players have to say "yes "or "no" to new contract offers.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

The Twitter feed on the right claims we could be signing Jernade Meade, an ex-Arsenal left-winger who can also play left-back (although presumably not for us, if we did sign him, as we've already got Nico + Cruise). At 5ft 3in, he could also be the new Danny Stevens!
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

How is the Benyon saga progressing, I read AK was in talks, surley he would be a good one to bring in. We all love him and I think he would get 15 goals.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tweetfootball92 have posted "Torquay could complete the signing of former Arsenal player Jernade Meade."

Not sure how much truth they or this rumour carries but what a cracking signing that would be!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jernade Meade was profiled on Sky Sports News over the weekend, they are following a few players that have been released.
From what I know he is a left sided defender, he sounds very similar to Cruise for me. I would be very surprised if Knill had any interest in signing him at all, unless either Nicho or Cruise are off somewhere...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wikipedia puts him as a left winger who can play left back too. With his lack of experience with only two cup games played, it would suggest he would be a back up to Bodin. Perhaps a recommendation from Cruise, who is a couple years older but probably played some youth games with him.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote:Wikipedia puts him as a left winger who can play left back too. With his lack of experience with only two cup games played, it would suggest he would be a back up to Bodin. Perhaps a recommendation from Cruise, who is a couple years older but probably played some youth games with him.
I actually think he is way out of league to be honest. Teams from not just this country but France, Germany and Holland are tracking him so suspect he is probably Championship level by the sounds of it. He wants guaranteed first team football where ever he goes so back-up to Bodin in League 2 is highly unlikely.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I don't think any player who has only played 2 first team games ever, which were both probably with other youth players should ever be considered out of our league. If he's wanting first team football though, I'm not sure if we can definitely offer him that. Especially when we have another promising youngster in the same position.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

he's in the USA at the moment! so won't be signing for anyone in the very near future!
The gulls are going up
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Definitely don't see him as being out of our league and if he is more of a left winger then I can see us being interested.
I am also sure that AK is looking for players to challenge for starting slots. No one beyond Poke/Downes/Saah has done anything this past season to guarantee them a starting berth every game.

I think I'm right in saying that Cruise was also attracting the attention of European clubs and even trialled at one or two (Ajax?) before being convinced by his cockney brother to sign for us.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

I did post all of this on the last page yesterday... ;-)