6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

ferrarilover wrote:I had meant Cooper, but the timing of the posts gave an alternative impression.

So, regards Cooper, Tommy (ok, that wasn't deliberate), make like Moulder and Skully.

Regards Chaps, maybe you've already hit the nail on the head (with a tweak to the language in respect of fairness to Jesus).

Matt.
You've lost me. Why don't you just say what the situation is with Cooper is if you know?

P.S. Is it not Mulder and Scully?
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Richinns wrote:Ahhh - that makes in legitimate!

Everyone hate Hargreaves for telling lies.
Hargreaves' nose will start getting longer if he lies any more :lol: :whistle:
We'll be back...
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

having sat next to Jordan chapple's dad most weeks , the statement he is homesick is absolute bollox,,, they were hoping he would stay , he is obviously disappointed he was not playing , I think his face didn't fit .
but the manager is a bull shitter ,does he ever tell the truth. when interviewed for the clubs website he continually looks out the window, the old saying never trust anyone who cant look you in the eye.
I am afraid the club is in very murky waters indeed . get rid of him ,, I would have Geoff harrop every time , a genuine gentleman...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

okehampton gull wrote:having sat next to Jordan chapple's dad most weeks , the statement he is homesick is absolute bollox,,, they were hoping he would stay , he is obviously disappointed he was not playing , I think his face didn't fit .
but the manager is a bull shitter ,does he ever tell the truth. when interviewed for the clubs website he continually looks out the window, the old saying never trust anyone who cant look you in the eye.
I am afraid the club is in very murky waters indeed . get rid of him ,, I would have Geoff harrop every time , a genuine gentleman...

Ouch...... Alan ?
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Mind games................................?
We'll be back...
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

transfer , easy benyon, tongue , craig, harding , cooper , all straight in the football bin...
downes and chapple would both be outstanding in the shite league.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Cooper?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It might well be Mulder, I never watched the show.

Cooper is worth money, we know this. We activate his year safe in the knowledge that we're happy to pay him what he's contracted to earn. If he stays, we've got a player we're happy to have. If someone comes in for him, we demand a fee and make a profit on someone we got for free.

Win-win for Torquay and not a bad deal for Cooper. The club aren't as stupid as you think.

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:It might well be Mulder, I never watched the show.

Cooper is worth money, we know this. We activate his year safe in the knowledge that we're happy to pay him what he's contracted to earn. If he stays, we've got a player we're happy to have. If someone comes in for him, we demand a fee and make a profit on someone we got for free.

Win-win for Torquay and not a bad deal for Cooper. The club aren't as stupid as you think. Matt.
Hmmm ..... on the theme of Mulder & Scully, as Cooper is permanently injured, I'm beginning to think he's Damien Mozika in disguise :-/ Wot ??? You never watched the X Files ?? Shame on you ! Almost as many conspiracy theories as on the fans forum !! :clown:
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

okehampton gull wrote:having sat next to Jordan chapple's dad most weeks , the statement he is homesick is absolute bollox,,, they were hoping he would stay , he is obviously disappointed he was not playing , I think his face didn't fit .
:lol: :lol:

you randomly appear on here, its usually crap!

as shown by the above its not changed!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

okehampton gull wrote:but the manager is a bull shitter ,does he ever tell the truth. when interviewed for the clubs website he continually looks out the window*, the old saying never trust anyone who cant look you in the eye**.
* This is nonsensical BS. :@
** This is psychological pseudo-scientific BS.. :@
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote:It might well be Mulder, I never watched the show.

Win-win for Torquay and not a bad deal for Cooper. The club aren't as stupid as you think.

Matt.
It's incredible that anyone could have such poor judgment of so many players. If being wrong were an Olympic sport, ferrarilover would be the equivalent of Sir Steve Redgrave.

I wonder how games our prize asset will declare himself fit for during next season...5? But his wage will continue to be money well spent, because we'll be holding all the cards when Man City show an interest.

We've been had over yet again, as with Labitie (that innocent bloke).
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Shaun Cooper has never been transferred for a fee in his whole career, and is now the wrong side of 30. In the last 12 months he has had a failed trial at Torquay United, been signed and then released by another L2 side, and then signed for us in January, since when he hasn't been able to play a single minute because of injuries.

Our record sale is £650 000 for Rodney Jack. In recent times we have picked up £300 000 for Bobby Olejnik and £175 000 for Eunan O'Kane. The only question is where exactly he will fit into this scale.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I should imagine joint last Gulliball. He'll probably still be with us next season, and frankly, I wouldn't mind that. If he can get fit over the summer, then we have a player who should be a class above this level.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Gulliball wrote:Shaun Cooper has never been transferred for a fee in his whole career, and is now the wrong side of 30. In the last 12 months he has had a failed trial at Torquay United, been signed and then released by another L2 side, and then signed for us in January, since when he hasn't been able to play a single minute because of injuries.

Our record sale is £650 000 for Rodney Jack. In recent times we have picked up £300 000 for Bobby Olejnik and £175 000 for Eunan O'Kane. The only question is where exactly he will fit into this scale.
It doesn't matter if it's £500, we got him for free. We're happy to keep him and pay him, if we weren't, we wouldn't have allowed the activation of his extension. If someone else fancies him, they can pay us for him, and we recoup some or all of the money we paid him last season. If we don't sign him on, he wanders off for nothing and we never see any benefit at all for the salary he's had off us.

In fairness to the bloke, he didn't fail a trial with us, he failed to agree personal terms. I suspect the self same thing would happen if we got Ronaldo in for a fortnight.

Matt.