What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
oasisgas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: kuffour

Post by oasisgas »

This is a serious question, If Buckle has tapped up Zebroski then surely your board should be making a complaint to the FA??

I can see why they will not do this if Buckle has done wrong??
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

andygullagain wrote:sorry but stevens is the l2 equivalent of aaron lennnon. runs fast, dinks in and out, bamboozles defenders but then/................................................................................ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NO SHOT, NO GOAL, NO PINPOINT CROSS FROM THE BYE LINE, NO COMMITTING THE DEFENDER INTO A FOUL IN THE BOX RESULTING IN A PENNO, NOTHING. His end product is zero so in my very humble opinion Ling needs sectioning for offering the lad a contract. He is basically a footballer who can't play football.
Totally disagree with this....when you only get to play 5 minutes in a match as aposed to a reasonable start then i think you can judge him...think you will find he has scored some cracker of a goals.....i actually rate him and of all the signings i was really pleased that his contract has been sorted....i was also disgusted with the abuse he was getting from some in the popside during last season......his only weakness is his height and will naturally get pushed off the ball.....who else runs at defenders in our squad ????? for f***s sake give him a proper runout and if he does bad i will eat my lepeord skin jockstrap :clown:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The trouble is, proving it.

Honestly, who on earth is interested in Bristol Rovers? Absolutely no-one. No nipper grows up telling all their mates that 'one day, I'll play for the mighty Rovers'. Not a dig, a fact. Zedders has been just fine and dandy commuting from Swindon for ages now and if Buckle hadn't gone to you lot, he would be quite happy to continue. Equally, if PB had gone to Carlisle United, or Falkirk, or Plymouth, I'm pretty sure if Rovers had come for him, he'd have told them where to go.

This move has been engineered by Buckle, who will get his man one way or another. By hook or by crook, CZ will play for the team rapidly becoming Torquay B and at the moment, it's looking like quite a lot of crook.

Can we evidence this? Do we have a NOTW stylee fake-sheik? No, of course not. Anything we present to the FA will be laughed at, so we have to let him go and hope that he enjoys all the money you lot are throwing around, shortly before it goes tits-up of course.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
oasisgas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: kuffour

Post by oasisgas »

ferrarilover wrote:The trouble is, proving it.

Honestly, who on earth is interested in Bristol Rovers? Absolutely no-one. No nipper grows up telling all their mates that 'one day, I'll play for the mighty Rovers'. Not a dig, a fact. Zedders has been just fine and dandy commuting from Swindon for ages now and if Buckle hadn't gone to you lot, he would be quite happy to continue. Equally, if PB had gone to Carlisle United, or Falkirk, or Plymouth, I'm pretty sure if Rovers had come for him, he'd have told them where to go.

This move has been engineered by Buckle, who will get his man one way or another. By hook or by crook, CZ will play for the team rapidly becoming Torquay B and at the moment, it's looking like quite a lot of crook.

Can we evidence this? Do we have a NOTW stylee fake-sheik? No, of course not. Anything we present to the FA will be laughed at, so we have to let him go and hope that he enjoys all the money you lot are throwing around, shortly before it goes tits-up of course.

Matt.
But why then once Zebroski hands in a transfer request you guys start accusing PB and Bristol Rovers of doing this and doing that???

Also I can't see why some of you guys kinda suggest PB has ripped your team when we have only signed 1 player from you???

If you guys wanted to keep Bevan then surely you just offer more money than what we were???

Seriously I'm not here on a wind up, but maybe we have made numerous offers for Zebroski and they have been turned down and his agent has said "if you wanna go there you are gonna have to push abit"

I do agree that our timing to speak to PB was not good but that is no fault of our own, we needed a new man and our board identified PB, It only needed your board to say "No, you can't talk to him" or "come back after the play-offs" but your board surely must have given us permission to speak to him???
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

You've signed one player under contract to us, yes, but two more who were expected to be joining permanently. Ok, with Bevan it sounds like we dropped the ball there a bit, but it just smells that these guys could have been signed (or at least, agreed to sign) back before the end of the season but for whatever reason Buckle didn't do it. (this even appears to have happened to Guy Branston but ironically he thought Bradford was more appealing!) As it became more and more obvious to all that PB was always going to jump ship, you start to question whether his reluctance in tying these players down was because he wanted to take them with him to Rovers.

Of course, it's unlikely that any of this could ever be proven - and we shouldn't be bleating too much about it, because he did the same when he came here from Exeter - We're just saying that Paul Buckle has never been truly concerned about the fortunes of our club, just as he will never be truly concerned about the future of yours, beyond what the job can do for him personally. He has an ego the size of Neptune; if he does well with you he'll disappear at the first opportunity, and if he does badly it'll be 'because of the tight budget' or whatever lame excuse he can come up with.

With regards to Zebroski, specifically. He's under contract. If the decision is made not to deal with Rovers, then it should be hard cheese. The exception to that is if the player makes it known that he wants to move, in which case the club are forced to sell because there would be a fear that he'd not perform. Whether or not the suggestion that he agitate for a move comes from Buckle, or the agent is irrelevant - BRFC are the catalyst.

In actual fact, I'm not too concerned about the loss of Zebroski - I'm more concerned about our club's ability to replace him. Because nobody is irreplaceable, especially in League 2.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

kingsgull wrote: Totally disagree with this....when you only get to play 5 minutes in a match as aposed to a reasonable start then i think you can judge him...think you will find he has scored some cracker of a goals.....i actually rate him and of all the signings i was really pleased that his contract has been sorted....i was also disgusted with the abuse he was getting from some in the popside during last season......his only weakness is his height and will naturally get pushed off the ball.....who else runs at defenders in our squad ????? for f***s sake give him a proper runout and if he does bad i will eat my lepeord skin jockstrap :clown:
Find it utterly incredulous that there is anyone left who thinks Stevens cuts it at League 2 level. You are kidding yourself and you are in an increasingly small minority of deluded fans who, simply because they will it, think somehow, Stevens has the talent to do well. He is too small. His end product is poor and it is a stupid stupid mistake of Ling's sto sign him on. If he can overule the board and not sign Russell, then he should have done the same here. Does he not wonder why Buckle is not trying to sign Stevens?
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

your are correct hector stevens really has got nothing to offer i cringe every time he comes onto the pitch thinking to myself we may as well play with 10 ime willing to back martin lings judgement however he is wrong on this one stevens should be released and allowed to play at his level hele rovers maby
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

hector wrote: Find it utterly incredulous that there is anyone left who thinks Stevens cuts it at League 2 level. You are kidding yourself and you are in an increasingly small minority of deluded fans who, simply because they will it, think somehow, Stevens has the talent to do well. He is too small. His end product is poor and it is a stupid stupid mistake of Ling's sto sign him on. If he can overule the board and not sign Russell, then he should have done the same here. Does he not wonder why Buckle is not trying to sign Stevens?

Have you never seen Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright-Philipps play football? Tell me what they have that Danny doesn't.
How you can say Danny is crap I do not understand. He has been at the club for four years but has never been given the opportunity to prove himself. If he was given 90 minutes 5 times in a row and did nothing then fine, but that has never happened. Like a lot of managers Buckle had absolutely no faith in the boy. Buckle had the same mentality as a lot of English managers, "oh he's too small, too light weight - stick him out on the wing and when you do use him make it as an 'impact' player off the bench". If we had Lionel Messi it would have been the same and you would all be calling him shit too.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

PhilGull wrote:
Have you never seen Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright-Philipps play football? Tell me what they have that Danny doesn't.
How you can say Danny is crap I do not understand. He has been at the club for four years but has never been given the opportunity to prove himself. If he was given 90 minutes 5 times in a row and did nothing then fine, but that has never happened. Like a lot of managers Buckle had absolutely no faith in the boy. Buckle had the same mentality as a lot of English managers, "oh he's too small, too light weight - stick him out on the wing and when you do use him make it as an 'impact' player off the bench". If we had Lionel Messi it would have been the same and you would all be calling him sh*t too.
Sadly, Lionel Messi possesses qualities that compensate for his small stature. Danny Stevens doesn't. He is skillful but not skillful enough to rely on his lack of guile to get past much bigger defenders. He does not have the footballing intelligence to pass the ball effectively to his teammates - too often possession is lost. He has the occasional good game and the occasional few effective minutes. But too often...far too often, this is simply not the case.

The reason he does not get the games is because he does not deliver. We cannot afford to carry a passenger for five games as you suggest before people like you accept what the rest of us can see is staring us in the face.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Stevens > Parkinson.

Unfortunately for us and Danny the best he can be is a squad/impact player. Simply can't start 46 games and be effective. Hasn't done in the previous 3/4 years don't expect him to start now. But he's still miles better than Parkinson and on occasions does a bit better than is given credit for.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

We, as supporters, have to give Danny our support, getting on his back doesn't help him or the club. He has a fighting chance of becoming a regular and confidence will be a major factor in achieving this goal. If we compare him to Jake Robinson and how PB wanted to use them then I think you'll find both can cut inside and unleash good shots, but Danny has the advantage of going down either wing and crossing with either foot.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

oasisgas - Zebroski is under contract, so is our player. Two days after the play off final Zebroski gave a radio interview stating that he thought with two additions "we" presumably Torquay could be challenging for promotion this year.
It doesn't seem in dispute that Buckle has been trying to sign Zebroski - but cannot get him as you have not met our valuation. Again nothing wrong with that.
But anyone suggesting that this transfer request citing a totally absurd reason has nothing to do with paul Buckle is being naive in the extreme.
Buckle is an arsehole - you are welcome to him. The bloke has absolutely no class whatsoever.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:oasisgas - Zebroski is under contract, so is our player. Two days after the play off final Zebroski gave a radio interview stating that he thought with two additions "we" presumably Torquay could be challenging for promotion this year.
It doesn't seem in dispute that Buckle has been trying to sign Zebroski - but cannot get him as you have not met our valuation. Again nothing wrong with that.
But anyone suggesting that this transfer request citing a totally absurd reason has nothing to do with paul Buckle is being naive in the extreme.
Buckle is an arsehole - you are welcome to him. The bloke has absolutely no class whatsoever.
Spot on
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Buckle is on the Brizzle OS this morning admitting he would like Zeb but has said he is looking at 3 or 4 different strikers. is it possible he now realises he isn't going to be able to afford him as we want a decent wedge and is now looking elsewhere.
If he needs a new striker I will ask my mum. she should put him in his place. and she could probably hit a barn door from 3 paces despite being 86 and 4 ft nothing. a little better than their strikers did last year
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

hector wrote: Find it utterly incredulous that there is anyone left who thinks Stevens cuts it at League 2 level. You are kidding yourself and you are in an increasingly small minority of deluded fans who, simply because they will it, think somehow, Stevens has the talent to do well. He is too small. His end product is poor and it is a stupid stupid mistake of Ling's sto sign him on. If he can overule the board and not sign Russell, then he should have done the same here. Does he not wonder why Buckle is not trying to sign Stevens?
Funny that i find it hard that there are people who have your opinion despite my comments and there is no-one in our squad who will run at people with pace..give him proper starts and maybe he will show you...give him 5 minutes every odd game what do you expect.....so yet again i like alot i speak to at Plainmoor appreciate Stevens...its all about opinions and its easy to slag someone off when not given opportunities...get behind him not slagging off like some knobs at plainmoor who just give him a hard time...not rocket science...