Rovers in for Buckle?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Jeff wrote:There is a history with Buckle at Aldershot though, just not sure how long ago. Would be a massive sideways (or even downwards) step

In fact, wasn't it at Aldershot where Buckle met Shaun North? So is it perhaps North who the poster above (WHG) is crypically referring too. Or Greavsie perhaps?
i would agree with that, but look at what we said about carayol going to lincoln, anything can happen .. i just really hope it doesn't happen, my main worry now is if bournemouth come sniffing around benners and bucks. :-|
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote:If Paul Buckle goes and doesn't take his backroom staff with him, then I can see Shaun North in the caretaker role first with the incentive of making the Torquay job permanent.

I should not have said that. Time to put the tin hat on.
If we have to lose Bucks then I would be quite happy to see Sean North take over rather than bring in someone new. However if P.B. gets another result in the cup, and we reach the play offs, then his already super record will have become much better & should attract offers from Championship clubs, in this case he will most likely want to take S.North with him. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

All joking a side i am glad that Buckle has not ended up at Bristol Rovers ,it was my belief from the start that it would have been a huge mistake at this time in Buckle's career to take on Brfc in there current state ,i could only see it ending in tears for him .

Bournemouth to me would be an ideal club for buckle to take over right now,however if Bristol Rovers were intrested in Buckle it would be almost certain that the amount of compensation TUFC would have asked for would have put them off,and this would also be the case for Bournemouth who are another club who do not have alot of money to play with,when you consider right now the quality and experience of the list of managers out of work,why pay compo for Buckle or any other contracted manager when Bournemouth could have the pick from a list of many who would compo free.

As for Aldershot whilst i am well aware of Buckle's connections to the area and he is a former player,i can not see him becoming shots manager in a month of sunday's,Bucks leaving Torquay for Aldershot makes about as much sense as putting a very large drill bit in a hammer drill holding it to your forhead and pressing the on button,Paul Buckle is a manager who wants to climb the ladder move on to bigger and better things ,i get that,Aldershot are one of the very few clubs in the league who are similar to us in every way,including no player budget.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Cue the inevitable link with Peterborough now Johnson has left.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well thast is settled. Dave Penney is in the hot seat and My favourite for the job Geraint is out. But at least they have kept their hands off our Paul. Saw an interview with DP tonite on Points west. while skipping between Spotlight and Points West. Shame really I missed TUFC on TV but will try to catch em at 10pm :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote: dont laugh just yet rich...............:rofl: ;-)
Bournemouth? :([/quote]

No worries on that score either it seems as Eddie Howe is staying! Nice to see some loyalty for a change.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 24,00.html
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

But just two days later Howe looks set to join Burnley. A good job for him as they have the Premier League money and a decent chairman who won't panic after a few defeats, so he'll have the time and money to make his mark there. That leaves Bournemouth with a vacancy, but will they want Buckle?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats