Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Matt
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Matt »

I think that even if it doesn't happen, being linked with somebody fresh out of Arsenal's youth academy is a good thing. Indeed, any PL or championship academy is bound to have some good players, and I think its about time we started looking at these players. Look at Maghoma for Burton, OK location plays a part, but he was released by Spurs and has been their best player for a few years now. Equally I thought Mark Randall at Chesterfield (ex-Arsenal) looked a tidy player when he came on v us.

I am aware however that Randall is apparently a tool, but was the first example I thought of.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

reading are looking at jernade, would be surprised if he did go there, after what he's said about wanting first team football! I think he'd be a great signing. Billy bodin has said he sees himself as a striker, this would allow room for jernade on the left? teeboo/roadrunner tell us if it's happening or not!
The gulls are going up
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no ive heard nothing on this one gull .
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

My lad's Match of the Day magazine has a section in it entitled "Your clubs No.1 Transfer Target" and I see we get a mention! They reckon we are after speedy winger Joe Anyinsah who was released by Bristol Rovers last month and if my memory serves me right he also made his League debut against us when he came on as a sub for Bristol City in our League 1 opener at Ashton Gate in 2004-5 and made quite an impression (on me at least) at the time. Would be a decent addition in my opinion.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Joe Anyinsah is a creditable target and the sort of quick wingery striker it sounds like Knill likes.
I would advise against reading his Wiki page, the grammar is terrible!!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Mentioned on the league 2 transfers thread - Zebs has joined Newport today so he won't be making a Plainmoor return.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

PhilGull wrote:Joe Anyinsah is a creditable target and the sort of quick wingery striker it sounds like Knill likes.
I would advise against reading his Wiki page, the grammar is terrible!!
Bloody hell, that's an understatement! I've fixed it now (as much as possible). I sincerely hope whoever wrote that doesn't consider English their first language.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

taunton_gull wrote:Mentioned on the league 2 transfers thread - Zebs has joined Newport today so he won't be making a Plainmoor return.
Well he might but it depends if he turns up for that game!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

I've heard Amankwaah's name mentioned a few time in relation to the right back spot by people wanting him, can I just confirm that this is the same player who quite literally could not pass the ball to a team-mate when we played them? Sure, he's big and strong, but I'd hope that we'd aspire to something more than that in a player...
Matt
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt »

The list of players released from the PL has been published, obviously doesn't include the youth players who didn't do enough to earn a deal but there are some decent players on there that I'd love us to be linked with. John Bostock anyone? Conor Henderson of Arsenal? Villa's Lichaj to fill the full back slot?

I'm aware its massively unlikely but it is that time of year so...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22817793
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

A lot of interesting names on that list. Realistically you need to look at the names who have been kicking around L2/BSP on loan - Nick Bignall and Brett Williams from Reading; Richard Peniket from Fulham; Matt Lund from Stoke; Ryan Noble and Adam Reed from Sunderland and a few others.

Names which caught my eye mostly were ex Gull Ryan Dickson and ex scum Daniel Seaborne from Southampton. If we need a left back Dickson would be spot on, and if Downes or Saah don't sign Seaborne would be an excellent acquistion although probably see their careers above as at the moment
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

Matt wrote:Villa's Lichaj to fill the full back slot?

I'm aware its massively unlikely but it is that time of year so...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22817793
Would that be the Lichaj who played 17 games in the Premier League last season? I know we haven't had much news lately but come on...
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Jeff wrote:Names which caught my eye mostly were ex Gull Ryan Dickson and ex scum Daniel Seaborne from Southampton. If we need a left back Dickson would be spot on, and if Downes or Saah don't sign Seaborne would be an excellent acquistion although probably see their careers above as at the moment
Ryan spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at Bradford. I would suggest that L2 probably matches his skill set but with Nico and Cruzy under contract he would be a rather profligate signing.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Matt
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt »

DTUFC wrote: Would that be the Lichaj who played 17 games in the Premier League last season? I know we haven't had much news lately but come on...
Yeah that'd be the one. Like I said, unlikely but you'd be chuffed to bits if it happened.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

If we are looking for a bit of experience to bring in, Richard Hinds (defender) and Gavin Williams (midfield) have both been released by Yeovil but both made around 30 appearances for Yeovil last season in a promotion winning side. Hinds a 6ft 2in defender could be a good shout if Saah decides to go elsewhere. With them both being 32 they probably have a bit left in them and have played over 700 games at this or a higher level between them. Given their ages, they could be a realistic target for us.