Nicholson NOT Out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

100% agree, this season is not the fault of Kevin Nicholson don't think the majority ever said it was, Nicho is the sitting manger and always the case is the one that tends to get the stick , the current board, Stephen Breed, or even Paul Cox. All have tried to make the best job out of the situation presented to them by the state the club was left in, by those who'd gone before.

We can only hope that next season, financially things will be a little bit easier, and they'll some more money to spend on the team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dean Edwards did the best he could, for HIMSELF. Once he'd exercised the control he'd manipulated for himself he used it to hold the club to ransom and ride off into the sunset with someone elses hard earned. He failed at virtually every tole he ever had after his playing days were over and very nearly cost us our club. Nico, Phillips, Breed et all deserve immense credit for the way they revived our fortunes once that charlatan was removed.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of them and now I just want them to finish the job off, keep us in this league so we can regroup for next season and hopefully move on to better times.

Thank you guys.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A superb summary Dave.

Post of the year in my book.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pleased as punch for all of the players, managerial staff and most of all the Board. Mission accomplished.

Thanks for saving our Football Club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Can this thread be re-named?

Well done to everybody today, and for the last few weeks. 9 wins and 3 draws from the last 15 matches. What an achievement from that starting point.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday, there should be a party atmosphere.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Yep, we really need a new thread but for now, take a bow Nico and Board. You have my eternal gratitude.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, thanks to all of those on the Board and football management team who saw things through to a successful conclusion - heroes, every one of them. Let's hope we never have to face such a perfect storm of problems in future.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

I thought my love for this club might be waning this year after 48 years - how wrong I was. Well done Nicho, especially Steve Breed and Dave Phillips and everyone else connected, and the amazing fans. If there's money from the sale next year too hopefully this was a crucial great escape for the dawn of a great new era
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Around Christmas time I was scanning the national league south table, checking out potential away days next season, doing research on grounds to see where we would be stood, local train stations etc. Some of these grounds sent rather horrible shivers down my spine, I couldn't bare the thought of coming face to face with the Wealdstone raider! So I sent a message to Nicholson via bookface to offer my time in helping the club. To be honest at the time I really have no idea what I could have done to help, but at that point all I could think was that if I could be 0.5% useful in any way then it's worth it!
Nicho's response was filled with so much optimism and positivity, insuring me that everything would turn out well this season, all I had to do was sit back and wait for it to get better! And he was right!

Our board could not have signed a better person to lead our team!

Like everyone else, from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Phillips, Breed & co for saving our club! And a huge thank you to nicho for pulling off the great escape, with two games to spare! And thank you for making it enjoyable again to watch my team!

As much as it drives me insane, I love supporting Torquay United!!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Lies, damned lies and statistics:

Others may have pointed this out on alternative threads and apols. if it's getting boring but in the last 15 matches we have averaged exactly 2 points per game. Extrapolate that to the whole season and you get to a total of 92 points. That would put us in a comfortable play off position just behind Cheltenham.

What a turnaround!