MESSAGE TO SIMON BAKER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:All will become crystal clear soon enough. The new man will have had time to make all the arrangements he wants as far as recruitment is concerned so I wouldn;t worry.

Not a bad idea to wake Simon Baker up though, I think he's still asleep and having nightmares about play-off final tickets :rofl:

You sound like you know something Dave??!!

Got any good news for us on the potential of signing up some of the loans (especially Stanley) or/and resigning Pickles and Bevs?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nothing to add to that, Rich. Everything is under control :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:Nothing to add to that, Rich. Everything is under control :)
I hope you are indicacting good news to us all Dave - we could do with it right now!
TUST member 328
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Must admit it is annoying they where quick enough to let Buckle speak to somebody else at the worst possible time. Surley now they must realise that supporters expect an equal response to a new appointment ASAP
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

PhilGull wrote: Relax? I imagine one of the first things Bucks did this morning was get on the phone to each of them.
No he wasn't. Nick Higgs a Rovers director was on TV this morning and said he had been left a list of players they wanted and he has been left to do something about it. Whether he does in it rota order of whether he has been given instructions to get certain ones signed up first I don't know but he said they will be contacting those players in the next few days and work had already started.
As PB is not doing it himself I wonder what the club will offer and whether the players concerned will consider the offer as Rovers have large debts amounting to some 4 million and running at a loss. We have been losing money but not at the rate Rovers are and don't have 4million quid in debts. although I bet we do have some although small in comparison.
We could be on an even par with them in competition for players if that is taken into consideration and they don't seem keen to go down the road of gambling on a good run and then going into administration, even if they do say they want promotion first time round. They Might want it but I bet it's going to be on the cheap
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

i spoke to guy branston today over facebook private pm's he wasnt very happy at all said the club havent contacted him and he cant see them doing it now. he still wants to stay tho. i said to him perhaps there waiting for a new manager to decide. will keep you posted on any responses
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

clemy1989 wrote:i spoke to guy branston today over facebook private pm's he wasnt very happy at all said the club havent contacted him and he cant see them doing it now. he still wants to stay tho. i said to him perhaps there waiting for a new manager to decide. will keep you posted on any responses

Did you ask him if he would consider player coach should it be offered? Maybe this is the delay in contacting him.

Does not bode well the club has not been in contact, players will just sign elsewhere if not under contract (Bevs, Stanley, Branston, Robinson etc)
TUST member 328
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

just done that rich, again i will update if and when i get a response
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You should ask him where his new flat is.
Dave

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:You should ask him where his new flat is.
Bet its closer to the Severn Bridge than his old one.
TUST member 328
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

just friggin say dave, stop the cloak and dagger!!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Southampton you obviously know something. Branston and Stanley are crucial for next season. Feel a little more hopeful after reading your post.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

portugull wrote:Southampton you obviously know something. Branston and Stanley are crucial for next season. Feel a little more hopeful after reading your post.

I wouldn't say they were crucial at all. Good players yes, did fantastic jobs for us yes, but hardly crucial. The new man will have his targets, I'm sure the Club are well aware of them and I'm sure we're not as far behind as we all seemed to have thought.

Branston was a high-earner, Stanley won't have been cheap either, if we could afford one or both then I'm sure the Club would have dealt with them long ago when they first knew about Rovers wanting Buckle.

I'll only panic when the new guy fails to appear and all his targets fail to materialise, until then I'll be happy to pick over the points of last season.
Dave

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Guy Branston supported by Manse,Nicco, and Robbo (210 appearances between them) meant we had the 7th best defence in League 2. It was not by chance Guy made the League 2 team of the year. It was only after Stanley and Robinson arrived in Feb that we really turned our season around. For me Branston and stanley are vital.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

agree with portugul, Stanley and Brano are BOTH vital if we are not to go backwards, although I have a feeling that Stanley may need the assurance that Sammy McIlroy isn't going to get the managers job!!!!!