First pre season games announced

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Willowgull wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 16:37 Over 5250 tickets sold for the Plymouth game. That would leave what, approx. 1000 left? Heading for a sell out.
When was the last sell out at Plainmoor?
The last time i remember even the pop being full was in the FA cup game v Coventry at home in the Paul Buckle era, should have won that game too

Just found the write up - 6,018 there!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... a%20replay.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

We’ve had a few ‘sell outs’ before that have gone down as about 3400…
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Well all the ingredients are there, new owners, new team, Rooney, ex Plymouth legend in Wotton, first home game in 3 months, genuine optimism for the future, decent new kit.

I remember we had around 5200 I think for the promotion party, but yes it’s been a long time since we had 6000 plus, I did think we’d get 4000, so shows what I know.

It may well have caught the police by surprise, even for a friendly they may need to call in some overtime!

Anyhow 5250 x £15 so £80k minimum income along with the ST sales is a really welcome cash boost.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Not quite-tickets are £12 as well as concessions at various rates. Very good pre-season income nonetheless.
Neil Williams 53
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Neil Williams 53 »

Less VAT makes it £10 per head! Still great pre-season income though.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Amazing attendance but presumably a large contingent of Argyle, basically everywhere. Hope the powers that be recognise that in their anctipation of the season opener. Id expect a 3500-4000 for that.

Id imagine Argyle get a chunk of the gate receipts too!
TUST #324
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I'd factored in 50/50 draw (which could be £2000) beer money, food money, club shop spending and thought that'll average about £15 a head, "that'll do".

Do the Away side get a share of friendly gate receipts?

Had nt thought of tax though.

If we get closer to 6000, I'll still be about right!

Can remember a cup tie 15 odd years ago, where the kick off was delayed because the pitch was frozen, that must have been around 5500.
Green Rory
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Sadly, I can't make this one but I do hope Argyle give Torquay all of the gate receipts. We have been through what Torquay have and it's not nice. We appreciated your help in our hour of need. Last season United became my second club, we having travelled up from Plymouth for a couple of games, thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and will be back next season for sure - Chelmsford 2nd November will be the first. There are great similarities between Argyle and Gulls fans and I see us as brothers against the tiny, silent small minority (Exeter fans).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

numpte wrote: 23 Jul 2024, 15:50 Amazing attendance but presumably a large contingent of Argyle, basically everywhere. Hope the powers that be recognise that in their anctipation of the season opener. Id expect a 3500-4000 for that.

Id imagine Argyle get a chunk of the gate receipts too!
Have I missed something? Why would Argyle get a cut of the gate receipts? Is that usual for pre-season friendlies?

They're not able to play at Home Park right now becasue the turf has just been relaid. Playing us is beneficial for everybody - they get a pre-season game not too far away, and we get a bumper crowd?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Just heard, game now SOLD OUT. Over 6000.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

happytorq wrote: 23 Jul 2024, 21:50 Have I missed something? Why would Argyle get a cut of the gate receipts? Is that usual for pre-season friendlies?
Pretty standard isnt it? They're (Argyle) are not a charity.
TUST #324
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

numpte wrote: 24 Jul 2024, 13:13 Pretty standard isnt it? They're (Argyle) are not a charity.
Ive never heard of away teams getting a cut of the gate in pre-season friendlies, but it could just be a glaring gap in my knowledge of things.

I know Argyle are not a charity, but they're a club who has their own priorities in pre-season, and they need games. My assumption has been that a relatively (for them) big crowd at Tiverton is good for them, and would anticipate us taking a percentage.

- edit; have asked Michael Westcott on Twitter if we share the gate. they've been very transparent so far; hopefully I'll get an answer
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Asked and answered!

(based on that it looks as though yes, ordinarily, there's a share of gate receipts, as you said Numpte)

numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Wow - that is generous. Good on them both.
TUST #324
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

happytorq wrote: 24 Jul 2024, 14:14 Asked and answered!

(based on that it looks as though yes, ordinarily, there's a share of gate receipts, as you said Numpte)
The step change in communication and transparency is unbelievably huge