(TUST) "Yellow Army Share Issue" NOW LIVE!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

Taelee73 wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 21:11 Congratulations on the £100k barrier being broken, this is fantastic news, not sure how high the total could go, but if we could get close to £200k that would be superb.

Can anyone answer this, will it be an ongoing financial commitment every year? I did look through the prospectus and it doesn't seem so. If you paid £250 pounds, would you expect to pay this same amount every year or just the £24 as a TUST member?

£100k is a big amount of money however as we know it can quickly be spent, just wondering where more funds would be coming from.

Apologies if I have asked questions with obvious answers.
Hi Taelee

The purchase of community shares is a “one off” commitment. The TUST membership of £2 pm or £24 per annum is the only ongoing payment to be made.

At this stage, there are no plans to launch a further issue in the future, but that’s not to say it won’t happen. But if it did, there would be no commitment to invest again, it would be down to the member to chose whether or not to invest.

Hope that helps

Best Wishes

Matt
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

RedGull1902 wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 21:32 Hi Matt, yes daughter is after name on shirt and board🤷‍♂️
Hi RedGull

We’ll be doing a wash up exercise on this when the fundraise ends, so we’ll be in contact accordingly.

Thanks
Matt
Abbotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Abbotgull »

I wonder if sandowngull can answer this question; the long term goal is for the club to be entirely fan owned. Is there a time scale for this? And does becoming 100% fan owned mean that TUST will have to purchase more shares from the directors?
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

Abbotgull wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 22:18 I wonder if sandowngull can answer this question; the long term goal is for the club to be entirely fan owned. Is there a time scale for this? And does becoming 100% fan owned mean that TUST will have to purchase more shares from the directors?
Hi Abbotgull

A good question and one that doesn’t have a black and white response at this point.

There is an argument to say the club is 100% fan owned now with the Bryn Consortium all being fans of the club. But, the investment from TUST helps to bring the fan base closer to the club and to build the long term structure and accountability to us all with an ethos of a club for the fans, owned by the fans.

To the best of my knowledge, Michael, Mark and the rest of the Bryn team are here for the long term and we at TUST are very pleased that they want to be. A partnership approach using some skilled, knowledgeable and savvy business chaps (who are fans) coupled with the support of the wider fan base through TUST seems like a great structure to me.

Initiatives like Paint up Plainmoor are a good example as to how TUST can practically assist the club through its membership base as well as just raising money.

TUST will initially own a percentage of shares in the club and it maybe that such a holding will increase over time, but that is likely to be through the issuance of further shares in TUAFC Ltd as opposed to a share purchase from the Bryn guys. That way, capital is raised and injected into the club to further sustain and improve the financial position.

Of course, in years to come that could change but at the moment there are no firm plans.

I hope that helps in some way.

Matt
Skillsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

sandowngull wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 19:23 Wow... Wow... Wow...

We have hit our minimum £100k target tonight, 4 days into a 35 day campaign. Quite astonishing and a massive reflection of the love there is for this football club and the respect and appreciation there is for the Bryn Consortium for what they have done. I am also very proud to be be a TUST Board Member tonight. We have been working long and hard to make this happen and the response from the TUFC fanbase has been hugely humbling.

So hitting the minimum target provides all the benefits outlined in the Offer Document including that 2nd seat on the club board but most importantly in my book, the heritage rights protection which are enshrined in the Articles of Association now that we know we have met our minimum fundraise target. But, we still have 31 days to go... the offer remains open and the money keeps pouring in. How high can we go? Every £1 from here on in is a "bonus" and provides extra capital for TUST to invest into the club which further strengthens its long term financial position and provides extra funds for the Bryn Consortium / Neil and Paul to work with.

Gulls Fans you are simply amazing and I can't thank you enough.

Matt

Matt,

This is a fantastic achievement. Thanks for all your very hard work on this project. I
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

Skillsy wrote: 27 Aug 2024, 23:32 Matt,

This is a fantastic achievement. Thanks for all your very hard work on this project. I
Thanks Skillsy for your kind comments.

It has been and continues to be a real "team" effort behind the scenes to make this happen. But it is the fanbase who have come up trumps!

Matt
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Ok Matt first I have to join TUST , can you point me in the right direction please
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

RedGull1902 wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 18:11 Ok Matt first I have to join TUST , can you point me in the right direction please
https://www.tust.co.uk/join-1
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

….and I own… 0.2% of TUFC…I’m off out buy a fat cigar..an old Jag..a sheepskin coat and some bad teeth…I’m a football club owner!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

No, you own 0.2% of TUST, didn't you read the small print? 😅
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

There was small print???
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Brixham63 wrote: 29 Aug 2024, 15:05 There was small print???
Maybe a fat jag, an old cigar, a bad coat and sheepskin teeth instead...........
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Hats off to each and everyone to achieve this is amazing in such a short space of time.
Proud to say I have made my pledge. 💪
How far have we come since Osborne and Edwards
A massive 2fingers up to the pair of them.
We have OUR club back !
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Brixham 63, I’m part way there, my Jag has an 08 number plate :lol:
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

£134,531-with 311 investing so far. If you haven't invested so far, and can afford to do so, please donate what you can and help make The Yellow Army Share issue even more of a success.