Building from the back

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

agree with Rich,thats a no from me,aswell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

tavernier is an interesting shout, admittedly its pointless but i have signed him for torquay on fifa before had fairly decent stats played well for me!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

clemy1989 wrote:tavernier is an interesting shout, admittedly its pointless but i have signed him for torquay on fifa before had fairly decent stats played well for me!
That is not a bad shout, i would be happy if it was him. Just intresting to see what Ling can muster up.

Jake Cole
Brain Saah
(right back) anyone from london about.

Wouldnt suprise me to see them boys as Ling would no more about players in London i would have thought. I would be happy with that :keepie:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tufcbrett wrote: That is not a bad shout, i would be happy if it was him. Just intresting to see what Ling can muster up.

Jake Cole
Brain Saah
(right back) anyone from london about.

Wouldnt suprise me to see them boys as Ling would no more about players in London i would have thought. I would be happy with that :keepie:

Out of our reach I would think.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

James Tavernier

Born in Bradford
Played for
Leeds
Newcastle
Gateshead

Would he welcome a move to Devon?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote:
Out of our reach I would think.
I dont think he is, i doubt were sign him but hes not out our reach.
I wouldnt mind us having him as a first choice and having a younger cheaper keeper as back up. As last year Bevs and Potts must have been on simular wages?

Was just a suggestion and would like to see him here but not expecting it.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Boom Boom wrote:James Tavernier

Born in Bradford
Played for
Leeds
Newcastle
Gateshead

See, it's interesting - we often use the fact that these players have grown up in the north as a reason that they wouldn't want to head south....but we have it the wrong way round; this is a good thing!

Have you been to the north? Blimey, if I'd grown up there I'd walk down to Devon!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Doesn't matter - If he's grown up in the north all of his life, putting aside the fact however bad it is, he may be settled there & wouldn't fancy a move south, however nice it is down here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Boom Boom wrote:Doesn't matter - If he's grown up in the north all of his life, putting aside the fact however bad it is, he may be settled there & wouldn't fancy a move south, however nice it is down here.
Well, maybe. Kind of sad, if that's the case. A microcosm of the English footballer's reluctance to play in new places, if you will.

I grew up in Devon, and couldn't wait to get away - I mean, it's always going to be home, but I wanted to see new place and live in other areas...maybe that's just me.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

im born and bred devonshire but am considering a move up north with the girlfreind in the future once finances dictate, as mentioned before i want to explore a bit more and i also have family up north so a slightly safer option than say the midlands where i don't no anybody!. ofcourse i would still be a gull tho!
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Boom Boom wrote:James Tavernier

Born in Bradford
Played for
Leeds
Newcastle
Gateshead

If it was a permanent transfer then I'd be in agreement, but I'm 99.9% sure that any deal would only be a loan arrangement, as I believe he's held in high regard up there. If he has an ounce of common sense, then he'd go to a club who's prepared to offer him first-team football at this stage in his development (after all, he's only 19), irrespective of their geographical location.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

happytorq wrote:[Have you been to the north? Blimey, if I'd grown up there I'd walk down to Devon!
post of the year!! i did it in reverse, just waiting for super to comment when he gets back from exercising his whippets round the back of the tripe factory!!
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Nobody is settled, let alone a footballer. If someone doesn't have a contract (ie a job) then they have no money coming in. A footballer isn't going to stay in Newcastle for very long if his only (or best) offer comes from Torquay. I moved over 600 miles away last year, which without coming from Cornwall is about as far at you can get UK wise (Landsend to John O'Groats is 874). I can fly from Aberdeen to Exeter and be from door to door (in Torquay) in under 4 hours, for well under £100.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Boom Boom wrote:Doesn't matter - If he's grown up in the north all of his life, putting aside the fact however bad it is, he may be settled there & wouldn't fancy a move south, however nice it is down here.

Then a from oop north lad meets blondie in Appleby's/Mambo etc and before you know it oop north lad has a footballer's wife on his arm. :O

If an ugly b'stard like Guy Branston( :bow: ) can pull then there's hope for all of us including me. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I'm not convinced by people only wanting to stay North, some players may feel that way, but I think that many these days have blossomed going down south. I read an article interviewing Danny Graham, the Watford striker who's a northener and said that by going out of his comfort zone and coming south, it's improved his game. I think players are more open to moves like this these days. Albeit, this Tavernier is young and it'd only be a young, so it may not be the same.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14