chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Don't know anything about the young lad at right-back, would hopefully provide good cover at right back, presumably from Oastler, and one we could hopefully develop in the future. Not entirely convinced that McPhee would be a great signing, wasn't particularly good when he played for us first time round, but that was for an awful Torquay team, and he normally played out on the wing, not his favoured upfront position. If he came back I would hope it wouldn't be on a megabucks deal and used as a squad player. Would be very worried if he was signed as a first-choice striker.
larryloafer
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by larryloafer »

Now officially signed, on OS.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Confirmed on OS now - two year deal!!

:O
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 67,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its offical
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

normally i'm not much of a fan of players coming back but it was such a bad side and his stats seems to suggest improvements, then it only seems right to have another look? at least his interview expenses will only involve a return bus fare from newton!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 28 Jun 2011, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

"I don't know where I am going to play him"

Brilliant forward thinking Ling!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Not surprised like i said, he wanted a move back to the south west. We are the only realistic option. 18 goals from 43 games last season. Used at right back, centre half, wide midfield and through the middle. I actually think this is a decent signing. Welcome back Chris, lets hope it's better 2nd time round.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Very good call by the person who started this thread and no doubt what he says about the other player is true seeing how this one came up.

As for McPhee - I sort of inwardly groaned when I saw it on the official site. I never really rated him and although he did well for Ebbsfleet and Kiddy...it isn't Football League. I can't remember where we got him from originally...may have been Palace or somewhere. He was in the batch signed by Atkins, I think that did not include Ryan Harley, when it should have done.

McPhee may be OK as a squad player but a 2 year deal perhaps looks like he is seen as part of the first-team plus it is all a bit too easy. He lives down here...probably wants to sign for us. Would we have been interested in him had it not all been so convenient?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

come on OP, dish the other two, spot on so far!!
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

hector wrote:Very good call by the person who started this thread and no doubt what he says about the other player is true seeing how this one came up.

As for McPhee - I sort of inwardly groaned when I saw it on the official site. I never really rated him and although he did well for Ebbsfleet and Kiddy...it isn't Football League. I can't remember where we got him from originally...may have been Palace or somewhere. He was in the batch signed by Atkins, I think that did not include Ryan Harley, when it should have done.

McPhee may be OK as a squad player but a 2 year deal perhaps looks like he is seen as part of the first-team plus it is all a bit too easy. He lives down here...probably wants to sign for us. Would we have been interested in him had it not all been so convenient?
My feelings too - even more so when he is holding that bloody horrible shirt that we will be wearing next season. Underwhelmed with this signing - sorry!
TUST member 328
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Richinns wrote:"I don't know where I am going to play him"

Brilliant forward thinking Ling!

Yes - Ling's comments not the most inspiring. Sounds a bit like the local league managers in the Herald when trying to sound like real ones. Unless McPhee has developed some ball control and passing ability, I don't really see him as a play-making midfielder.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

hector wrote:Very good call by the person who started this thread and no doubt what he says about the other player is true seeing how this one came up.

Got to be realistic, He's a good player whose more expereinced now 28 years old which is a good age, can play about 6 different positions. We're going to have a small squad and players like that are very hard to come by. Scored 18 goals in the division below last year, worth a punt in my opinion. if he'd not been here before I think your view maybe slightly different. He's a totally different player to the one that was here before and we're a different side thankfully.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

is it right that he didnt score at all for us back in 2006/7?? the stats are here

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=18888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it was a bad time for tufc then tho
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Well if he see's him as a central midfielder than surley it rules out Russell and/or Easton then?
TUST member 328
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Russell will sign but he'll be predominantly coaching, will sign on as player/coach but we'll barely get 10/15 games out of him i doubt. 37 now will be used for emergencies.