did buckle get any abuse??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I would favour the more direct Mark McGhee refrain reserved for those weasel like bosses that abandon ship at the first sign of more dosh.

Cheer up, Pauly B
Oh what can it mean
to a fat cheating b’stard and..
a sh1t football team

Gasheads away. It’s big. Be there.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

yellow wrote:I would favour the more direct Mark McGhee refrain reserved for those weasel like bosses that abandon ship at the first sign of more dosh.

Cheer up, Pauly B
Oh what can it mean
a sh1t football team

Gasheads away. It’s big. Be there.
Haa, I like that, urm next verse for something about martin ling?

Would love to get the mem rocking, gonna be a great day, no matter the result.. inless we're like 6-0 down in 10minutes.. which we wont :)
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

BTownGull wrote:I think a 90 minute chant of 'Martin Lings Yellow Army' would fit the bill at the mem
Abso-freakin-lutely! :clap:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

bc-gull wrote: Haa, I like that, urm next verse for something about martin ling?

Would love to get the mem rocking, gonna be a great day, no matter the result.. inless we're like 6-0 down in 10minutes.. which we wont :)
Enlighten me, Why is Paul Buckle a cheating b,stard?...That song is not very apt is it?

I am sure you would love to get The Mem rocking, but it will be impossible, what with a couple of hundred Gulls, and I would hazzard a guess at around 7-8k Gasheads. I doubt Paul Buckle will even know you are there, let alone worry about what sh*t songs you will be trying to aim at him.

I am looking forward to the season immensly, Uncle Bucks has certainly got this team gelling very quickly, playing fantastic, expansive passing football with great width, and a fantastic work rate.

Good luck for this season, except for when you play us of course, and I think you are going to need it, judging by our attacking options.

Does anybody want to put a wager on with me, that The Gas will beat you by at least 3 clear goals? :)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Agree with others the best way to get back at Buckle is to sing songs about Martin Ling. Obviously some anti-Buckle songs have to be sung but the Martin Ling chants will be great!

"We love Martin Ling say we love Martin Ling!"
"Lingy, Lingy, Lingy, Lingy!"

:bow:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

BritishGAS wrote: Enlighten me, Why is Paul Buckle a cheating b,stard?...That song is not very apt is it?

I am sure you would love to get The Mem rocking, but it will be impossible, what with a couple of hundred Gulls, and I would hazzard a guess at around 7-8k Gasheads. I doubt Paul Buckle will even know you are there, let alone worry about what sh*t songs you will be trying to aim at him.

I am looking forward to the season immensly, Uncle Bucks has certainly got this team gelling very quickly, playing fantastic, expansive passing football with great width, and a fantastic work rate.

Good luck for this season, except for when you play us of course, and I think you are going to need it, judging by our attacking options.

Does anybody want to put a wager on with me, that The Gas will beat you by at least 3 clear goals? :)

Looks like this thread is going to move to the Banter Board because of this clown! 8/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We haven't lost by three clear goals for 4 years now, it certainly won't happen to a totally average, hastily drawn together L2 side.

Bearing in mind we BEAT a good L1 side by that same three clear goals last night, you're a fool to think you're that much superior to anyone in L2, let alone a decent enough Torquay team.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Calm down, Me ol matey.

Why should it be moved to the banter board? It is clearly on topic.

No need to throw your toys out the pram.

I was just interested as to why that particular song is apt for Uncle Bucks? And as to why you think Torquay will get The Mem rocking?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellow wrote:
(8) "Cheer up, Pauly B
Oh what can it mean
a sh1t football team . . . "
(8)

You little Monkee you, yellow. :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:We haven't lost by three clear goals for 4 years now, it certainly won't happen to a totally average, hastily drawn together L2 side.

Bearing in mind we BEAT a good L1 side by that same three clear goals last night, you're a fool to think you're that much superior to anyone in L2, let alone a decent enough Torquay team.

Matt.
Things always come to an end, dont they? We had not been in the 4th tier in our entire history, but it hapened, and now we are back here.

We completely outplayed a full strength Burnley side the other day to, Whats your point?

I didn't say we would wipe the floor, with anybody, I am just very optimistic with this team that Uncle Bucks, has put together.

I said I would put a wager on, Why dont you put your money where your mouth is?
Last edited by BritishGAS on 21 Jul 2011, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

BritishGAS wrote: Why should it be moved to the banter board?

I'm not saying it will but when a rival fan posts with something like you have it can easily go off topic and turn into banter between the 2 teams.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
I have been on here long enough to know when things will be moved.

I am sure Dave wouldn't have got his knickers in such a twist, with what I wrote.

I was just interested thats all.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

We put 5 past a very good Shrewsbury side and made them look like they were proper awful.
Yes its only PSF but we out play a strong Bristol City side and outplayed the Exeter first team.

No offence but yes you have a good strike force but my god its not that great. Im more worried about Shrewsbury and Rotherham. We have a strong defence which will handle your team fine. If you win it would be by the odd goal not by 3.

Were going to play Rovers and not turn up because your just a massive club and our team wont be able to play infront of 8k fans or what ever. I can honestly see we will pack the away end out and have more than 200. Im happy your sooo confident your smash us, your get a shock and if your team thinks that too, then good luck.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

BritishGAS wrote: Things always come to an end, dont they? We had not been in the 4th tier in our entire history, but it hapened, and now we are back here.

We completely outplayed a full strength Burnley side the other day to, Whats your point?

I didn't say we would wipe the floor, with anybody, I am just very optimistic with this team that Uncle Bucks, has put together.

I said I would put a wager on, Why dont you put your money where your mouth is?
Most things do indeed come to an end, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that our run of not taking a proper beating will come to an end against BR, absolutely none at all.

Not massively bring, are you, my point, very clearly, was that you won't beat us by three clear goals, not sure how much more plainly I can say it.

Not sure from where you got the phrase 'wiping the floor', I certainly didn't use it. I would, however, suggest that beating a team by three clear goals is a little bit floor wiping-ish, which would, in traditional playground style (fitting in nicely with the rest of your post) mean that you started it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

We will fill out your away end no doubt, Torquay have one of the best away support in the league! And even if by some shocking reason we do get pumped by 3-4 goals we will out sing you from start to finish!