Bristol Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

That is poor for a manger to blame a football pitch. Its the shame for both sides. He got his tactics and selection wrong, or the strikers couldnt hit a barn door but no the grass is to long.

Hes going to throw his toys out the pram when they go to places like accy during the winter when theres more mud than grass.

Get used to it, its going to be a long season.
We should have some fun and guess what he will blame next, the pitch lines were too white? The football was to round?
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Fair play to you lot you did tell us what to expect and he has not disappointed however the football we have seen so far has been way more exciting than last season and long may it continue. I know things will take time with so many changes its just a shame we have so many impatient people. Well its off to leyton orient in the week so I will let you know what he blames on tuesday.lol
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

you should beat Leyton...there playing awfull....
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Well hopefully but it depends what team turns up if its the team that beat watford we should have a chance if its the team that turned up yesterday then can't see us winning to be honest we will see.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by kingsgull »

i'll bet money on a win for you guys...and i am tight !!!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

We have afew scores to settle with Orient but it will be a tough game as they have some really good players who havent clicked in the league yet. I am not at all disheartened by the start we have had.Even saturday we had something like 19 shots at goal which is far better than the 5 or 6 of last season. Some of our supporters do not give the opponents any credit in a game .Hereford came with a plan and it worked. to be fair in the first half we should have been out of sight as they didnt have a shot at our goal and were rarely out of their half. As regards Zebroski I am one of the ones who still think he will come good and again some of our supporters do not give the plus aspects so far of his game the credit he deserves.ie he is not shirking responsibility and still wants the ball and his effort is faultless. As for Buckle just because his substitutions dont always appear right to some supporters do not mean they aren't right.At least he uses substitutes and generally all three which is something new to us as Trolls would have players limping around rather than use the substitutes! Good luck tomorrow.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

PB has every right to blame the pitch, its cut at different levels in different areas, really hard to judge passes etc. Some teams are also set up a certain way and if the pitch holds up, you're pacier players are stopped in their tracks.

Same conditions for both sides?? Well yes it was, but It wouldnt have bothered Hereford, they just parked the bus and that was it.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hereford had only three players with an inkling of talent- their goalkeeper and two who came from us..Harry Pell and Ryan Green.The rest just made a nuisance of themselves.On another day we would hammer them if the first goal went in. Just one of those days ,we have to pick ourselves up and move on one point further on.
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Gashead1979 wrote:PB has every right to blame the pitch, its cut at different levels in different areas, really hard to judge passes etc. Some teams are also set up a certain way and if the pitch holds up, you're pacier players are stopped in their tracks.

Same conditions for both sides?? Well yes it was, but It wouldnt have bothered Hereford, they just parked the bus and that was it.
He didn't say he had a problem with the length of the grass he said it was too dry which considering we had monsoon rain for half the week and sprinklers on in the warm up and at half time is a silly excuse. As I said he would be better saying we had an off day but it is a new team and things will get better. Anyway its a bit rude to debate this on torquays forum.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by kingsgull »

to be fair gasman the title is about Bristol Rovers so I'm sure in this case there isn't any problem....
as regards the grass...i have a free range huge white loppy eared rabbit in my back garden and he keeps the grass in order..i'm sure i could hire him out for a fee :~D
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

gasman wrote: He didn't say he had a problem with the length of the grass he said it was too dry which considering we had monsoon rain for half the week and sprinklers on in the warm up and at half time is a silly excuse. As I said he would be better saying we had an off day but it is a new team and things will get better. Anyway its a bit rude to debate this on torquays forum.

Ah, I must be getting confused with what he said about Macclesfields pitch for not playing certain players (eg Carayol). In any case the second a raindrop falls on the mem the forthcoming game is in doubt, I cant believe it was dry in any area. Any more wetter and the players wouldnt need a football kit they'd need a snorkel and wetsuit

Someone should tell him this is L2, all different pitches and some grounds and pitches are wrecks. I trust he saw Stockports pitch for Torquay, surely the worst one i've seen in a long long while.

So far Buckles interviews and decisions have been perplexing at best.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gashead1979 wrote:PB has every right to blame the pitch, its cut at different levels in different areas, really hard to judge passes etc. Some teams are also set up a certain way and if the pitch holds up, you're pacier players are stopped in their tracks.

In the nicest possible way, rubbish.

You CANNOT seriously expect anyone to believe that a group of professional footballers can possibly be so sensitive to conditions that they are unable to produce any football of any quality because the grass is 1 or 2 mm too long.

I can understand if you were mildly affected by a pitch resembling that of Accrington, or if you were being asked to play on sand, but this assertion that the grass was too long is just complete and utter nonsense.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

ferrarilover wrote: In the nicest possible way, rubbish.

You CANNOT seriously expect anyone to believe that a group of professional footballers can possibly be so sensitive to conditions that they are unable to produce any football of any quality because the grass is 1 or 2 mm too long.

I can understand if you were mildly affected by a pitch resembling that of Accrington, or if you were being asked to play on sand, but this assertion that the grass was too long is just complete and utter nonsense.

Matt.
Yeah in between posts I saw what PB actually said rather than going on what I was told he said.

You can get pitches which favour certain styles of play, i'll give him that, thats why he drenches the place.....but to say the mem was too dry is rubbish. The grass looked a bit uneven in different places though.

Then the reason for not playing Carayol at Macc was because their grass was long and didnt help his fast players?? Emile Sinclair they have doesnt seem to have a problem with it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You guys are good, already learning to translate Buckspeak :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:You guys are good, already learning to translate Buckspeak :)
:lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.