how many games Torquay united have you watched

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I don't think anyone who doesn't go to games comments on specific team or game issues, that would be impossible. But there's hundreds of topics that exiles can join in with as well as any other fan and this forum is fantastic for us.

Personally I've been to two games this year. Swindon on Boxing Day when I was in Torquay for Christmas and yesterday. But as someone who lives a 1200 mile round trip from Plainmoor, making any more games would be impossible. The trip to Hereford cost me more than a season ticket on the popside, but as I don't live in Torquay there's not much I could do with a season ticket, as much as I'd love to attend 23 matches instead of 1 for the same price. That doesn't mean that I don't care what happens on matchdays (and every other day), which is why I'm on here most Saturdays at 3pm.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bornagull wrote:At yesterdays game a couple of guys in the pub mentioned that it was very strange how certain people on this site are always logged on when we are playing. So today I thought I would look this up, and yes there are many this season, Westbay gull and supernickyrowe, to mention a few, seem to always be on line when we are playing. Perhaps they log on from the game, or do these people just never go to any of our matches? It just seems odd to me how anyone can comment on the team, match, tactics etc when they are not watching the game.
And just to start it off my first match was vrs Aston villa 1970/71 season aged 6 and for my sins still follow the yellow army

co*k.
and its wroe not rowe.

cheers matt. :-D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ferrarilover wrote:having a pop at two of our favourite and most respected members will get you shot down like a lost messerschmitt over wartime London.
respected, barnsley, dont make me laugh!!??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

first game i can remember is hillingdon boro, fa cup 1976? lived in newton and torquay all my life until 95 so have been to literally 100s and 100s of games at plainmoor

relocated to sheffield 95/8, bristol 98/2003 and back to sheffield since then

get back to devon only a couple times a year so limited amount of games there, but get to as many northern ones as i can

its not just about attendance at the games mate anyway, altho that is very admirable, there are a myriad of reasons why people choose to attend or not, and of course people can still pass comments on players, tactics etc, listening the games, reading reports, hearing from friends who go, we're all entitled to have an opinion on things. even people at the games have diff views, just check out the variation on motm forums for living proof
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If we're rating fans by attendance, I'll take whoever the hell this bloke is and raise him Paulie Bastard. Oddly enough, I've never seen a single post on here originating from that man...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think that a lot of the real hard core that go to every game dont post on here, steve breed for instance, hes only recently started to post, and seems to have stopped again

my cousin and his mate chris, they've both been to all 46 league games and neither of them post here, and they probably have a greater insight into how the team functions than most of us who waste hours per week surfin thru this site?
still keeping the faith
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

First game Monday 30th March 1959 Torquay Utd v Crystal Palace Kick off 11.30 and countless thousands home and away since then
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:i think that a lot of the real hard core that go to every game dont post on here, steve breed for instance, hes only recently started to post, and seems to have stopped again

my cousin and his mate chris, they've both been to all 46 league games and neither of them post here, and they probably have a greater insight into how the team functions than most of us who waste hours per week surfin thru this site?

Steve has posted plenty of times over the years ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

This has been the first proper season where I have been to more away matches than I would normally do.

This is my list.

Home

Burton
Plymouth
Barnet
Oxford
Crewe

Away
Southampton
Bristol Rovers
Aldershot
Northampton
Bradford
Plymouth
Gillingham
Crawley
Oxford
AFC Wimbledon
Hereford

Normally in the past I was only able to go to 2-3 matches a season, without a drivers licence and all that but now with that access plus some lifts from members on here, I have managed to follow the Yellow Army much more often than I thought this season.

Can't do the semi-finals due to work and time commitments but will be watching and cheering on the Gulls on the box!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

i first went in the mid 70's and was soon a regular at home games and several seasona season ticket holder. so that will have been several hundred plus been to about 400 aways over the years so over a 1000 but cant put an exact amount.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote: respected, barnsley, dont make me laugh!!??
shut up de dar.......... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

yellowtilidie
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by yellowtilidie »

I think finally somebody has got the point in this thread, summed up nicely by Bixieupnorth.

Bornagull was trying to find out whether comments made on Saturday were true or just pub talk!

(as i was there with him on saturday) but judging by a few of the comments & abuse from fellow "torquay untied fans"? we'll stick to watching our team play and let the likes of ferrarilover rule the webpages!

Why not be honest and change your name from ferrarilover to orangefocusdriver.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Louis,

What's the swear filter got against our number one supporter?

Further on the subject of monster fans, where's my mate Stefano when I need him?

Matt.

Yellow, why would I do that? I've had loads of cars, my love of Ferrari endures, the Focus is long gone. Perhaps you should leave the conversation to the grown ups?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gulliball wrote:I don't think anyone who doesn't go to games comments on specific team or game issues, that would be impossible.
Not quite the case I'm afraid. Brucie pontificates (usually negatively) about specific team or game issues when he has not been to the game. Matt picked him up on that recently. I asked him if he was at the Hereford game, which might have permitted him to comment in the way he did, but no answer as usual.

Also, DURING the Hereford game (I went to the game, read the comments later) some people were commenting on Torquay's performance in very negative, very unpleasant terms, despite not being there (just see the thread, some of the comments were sickening).
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Havent been to an away game since grimsby away due to bad experience on a mini bus supplied by travel club and I will never travel with them again. But as for home games I rarely miss one. I play rugby league tho so get occasional overlap in summer months