FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Harrogate v Hyde replay is on Tuesday evening, so we'll know for sure then.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just don't attempt to drive to Great Yorkshire Show because the traffic queues are horrendous. The Yorkshire Showground is in Harrogate only a few miles down the same road the ground is on. Whereabouts in Harrogate did you live Jeff?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:Yeah i was there that night Jeff, won on pens and it's HARROGATE not HARRAGATE and it's a lovely place which i know very well. Hyde on the other hand...

it was a good night!

persuaded mrs SNW and the two lads to go! the lads only went cos there was an offer of pizza hut for tea! =D

didnt expect it to go to pens, but we were lucky that night! they should have won it!

remember the harrogate fans queuing around the block to get in and we just strolled up and waltzed in - and it was the first time I had met Mr steve breed!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

A side two divisions below at home is as good a draw as you can get on paper. They will go all out for the upset, but we should have the quality to get into the 2nd round. I think we'll be in mid-table, so it would be a good year for a nice cup run.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

WE WANT A REPLAY! WE WANT A REPLAY! ( not if it's at Hyde though, it's like Accrington and it will be dark ) :(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

The Metropolitan Police have drawn Crawley at home. I've always been a strong supporter of the police, and at least they won't get distracted by having to arrest Steve Evans. Maybe Rotherham at home for them in Round 2?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Haha GITP, I made a similar joke on Twitter. Doubtless it'll be one of the TV games, despite meaning the sum total of **** all to anyone.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Perfect draw for TUFC to be honest, really ought to win that comfortably and get another step closer to Round 3 and our annual horrendous draw away to Hartlepool or something.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Jeff wrote:
This being the same Harrogate who, when we played in the FA Cup a few years back, drew 1-1 with us at Plainmoor then completely battered us at their place. Somehow we got away with a 0-0 draw, then winning on penalties with Andy Marriott saving one then stepping up to score the winner. That then set us on the path to our tie with Birmingham

Good memories of a very cold night, but I'd be vary wary of calling this a comfortable draw. Winnable, but we need to make sure of that!
I think that may have been the coldest I have ever been - during extra time I was desperate for a winner for either side!

Pronounced 'arra gut btw
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

This being the same Harrogate who, when we played in the FA Cup a few years back, drew 1-1 with us at Plainmoor then completely battered us at their place. Somehow we got away with a 0-0 draw, then winning on penalties with Andy Marriott saving one then stepping up to score the winner. That then set us on the path to our tie with Birmingham

Good memories of a very cold night, but I'd be vary wary of calling this a comfortable draw. Winnable, but we need to make sure of that![/quote]

I think that may have been the coldest I have ever been - during extra time I was desperate for a winner for either side!

Pronounced 'arra gut btw[/quote]

Spot on!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I was looking through the attendance figures for the fourth round qualifying matches over the weekend and on the whole they were exceptional. Clubs like South Park got over 600 but Hyde, our potential opponents in the first round got 393! I dare say there will be a few more in attendance should we get them in a replay but that is poor to say they are now a conference side.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:I was looking through the attendance figures for the fourth round qualifying matches over the weekend and on the whole they were exceptional. Clubs like South Park got over 600 but Hyde, our potential opponents in the first round got 393! I dare say there will be a few more in attendance should we get them in a replay but that is poor to say they are now a conference side.
To be fair Harrogate isnt the most interesting tie for them having only been in the same league last season. And the fact United were home the same day wouldnt of helped..
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

To be fair we couldnt manage 700 at Plainmoor when England where supposed to be playing. As stated Hyde is full of the red shite, so no wonder they had a low crowd
Lucy