Exeter City v Torquay United - 28/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've managed to find a pub in my mates village near Mansfield where the landlord has said he'd put it on for us. :clap: :goal:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Up from my n/shift slumber, expecting even hoping the game was off, ah well, still a yellow through to my pants, so a few jobs, a bite to eat and off to the hovel to support my team...COYY.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Up from my n/shift slumber, expecting even hoping the game was off, ah well, still a yellow through to my pants, so a few jobs, a bite to eat and off to the hovel to support my team...COYY.
Dave - I have to ask - have you wet yourself??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

If he has he's dehydrated. Drink some water Dave, everyone knows it should be straw coloured! :nod: :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

:rofl: Guess I asked for that, hmmm not had that problem since I gave up the booze.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

yellowsmiffy wrote:Top match thread Andy, particularly enjoyed your ankle-related heroics! Unsurprisingly I have a bad feeling about this one, same as usual when City are involved. I reckon Joe Oastler will get sent off/make a blunder, we will have about 35% posession, and it will be a case of Rene on his own up front chasing long balls. Reckon we will lose 3-1. Big respect to those going to the game, but alas I can't afford it.

Thanks smify for the words of kindness and it is always so satisfying for others to get a laugh out of my misfortune. :)

Indeed upon my birth when the midwives heard i was to be going home to DONCASTER they couldn't have laughed harder. :-/

I just hope this game goes ahead as the night is all planned and i need it to be on otherwise i may go crazy (er). My only worry that if the game isn't on then i don't have anybody to have a go at for it being off. I can't have a pop at weather can i?! :'(

:lol:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Each time I look outside it makes me wonder why on earth I am going tonight!!

It is going to be like Accrington in 2007 when it poured for 2 hours straight and we lost 1-0 (to a last minute goal!!!).

Really not looking forward to it, echo Smiffs prediction. 3-1. City 2-0 up at half time, we pull one back before they go 2 ahead straight away.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:Each time I look outside it makes me wonder why on earth I am going tonight!!

It is going to be like Accrington in 2007 when it poured for 2 hours straight and we lost 1-0 (to a last minute goal!!!).

Really not looking forward to it, echo Smiffs prediction. 3-1. City 2-0 up at half time, we pull one back before they go 2 ahead straight away.
Aah well - at least we will be under cover with their excellent away facilities....oh wait!!

If this was twitter I would #sh1th0le this!
Last edited by Richinns on 28 Jan 2013, 16:41, edited 2 times in total.
TUST member 328
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just hope Bodin doesn't start as we need 11 battlers out there tonight in the conditions and i don't think tonight he will offer us anything. No offence to Billy or his supporters it's just that we HAVE to dig in and a point would do in a game where i think we will be put under severe pressure.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Who would you go with Andy?

For me it would be Bill and Thommo
TUST member 328
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd like to see this;

Poke

Oastler, Saah, Downes, Nicho

Lathrope

Manse, Craig

Bodin, Yeoman

Howe.

I think we'll see this;

Poke

Craig, Mansell, Lathrope, Bodin

Howe, Jarvis.

I know Jarvis has done okay recently but I'd like us to go 4-5-1 tonight.

Alternatively if we announce Logan has signed now, he's registered and scores 4. That'd be perfect.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Again i'm not having a pop at Billy, i just feel that come 65 minutes in when he comes off we'll all be saying the same things about him having done nothing and i just don't feel that a pressure game in the conditions tonight is the best place for him at the minute and it certainly won't help us. I'd go with Thommo to start and if the ball retention up top gets bad then take Niall off and shore it up a bit.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:I'd like to see this;

Poke

Lathrope

Manse, Craig

Bodin, Yeoman

Howe.

I think we'll see this;

Poke

Craig, Mansell, Lathrope, Bodin

Howe, Jarvis.

I know Jarvis has done okay recently but I'd like us to go 4-5-1 tonight.

Alternatively if we announce Logan has signed now, he's registered and scores 4. That'd be perfect.
Similar thinking to my earlier post (I had Thommo instead of Yeoman and Danny L in for the recently poor Oastler)
TUST member 328
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What we need to do is get Exeter fan and oddball spoonbender Uri Geller into the Greeks dressing room, look each one in the eye and get them to say WIN WIN WIN! He used to do that in telly. Obviously it doesn't work and we'll batter them off the park!! :clap:
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

The Wells Tavern for anyone coming up for a cheeky pint or two before the match. It's spitting distance from the away end, next to Saint James train station.