BBC Predictor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:got the chesterfield win as predicted, so we're still a point better off today than a thought we would be after the first 3 games

my forecast of york and aldershot to slip looks slightly more likely after their rivals all won their games in hand.

you'd imagine we would have the wind in our sails and a bounce in our step after last night, but i'd still be content with a draw against york, but would obv take the win instead
so if we're buzzing, imagine how stanley and argyle must feel!! i'd now fancy both of them to continue this form, but only in their home games?

off to have another go at it now

cheers

ps andy 5000 posts about cats, pah!! mine, altho short (no [racist term removed] at the back!!) have almost all been in the plainmoor forum, for instance, i bet you couldnt tell me what sort of music i'm in to??
i can.

its sh*t music. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

how old are you supes??!! hows the job hunting going??
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:how old are you supes??!! hows the job hunting going??
28 mate.

and slowly....... :'(

may have to go back to being an RGN at this rate! :@ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

4 or 5 games left, super, even you can cope with the damn new fangled prediction machine!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm
still keeping the faith
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I make it 52 points for safety on that.
Barring a surprise away win we need to win both our home games.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I had Shots and Wimbledon going down on 48 and 49 points respectively but we were with four others on 50 points. This is squeaky bum time and I think we need 51 not 50 to be sure of safety.

So, assuming a loss against Gillinham, we have to win against Barnet and draw against Morecambe and Rovers - it is still do-able but it will need a massive step up in performance from where the team was today.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I wish we could post the table onto here! I just did it properly for the first time. Good news is that we'll be safe.

I predicted for us as follows:
Lost 4-1 to Gillingham
Beat Barnet 1-0
Draw with Morecambe 1-1
Draw with Rovers 1-1

I had York and Plymouth going down. And in my precitions we'd still (just) survive even without those two draws I predicted
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

[quote="bixieupnorth"]4 or 5 games left, super, even you can cope with the damn new fangled prediction machine!![quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... fault.stm/

s*d the predictor.

i prefer this thread...............

http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=5572

TUST Member 468

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I've just done this again and got York on 51 and Torquay one of five teams on 52 - staying up on goal difference after beating Bristol Rovers.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Sadly i can't see us beating Rovers unless they feel sorry for us!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Unfortunately for us, Bristol Rovers are in form and now, unbelievably, in with a chance of a play-off place. On BBC predictor, each time I do it, we go down. Think we would lose against them but even if I'm generous and give us a draw...we still go down.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

hector wrote:Unfortunately for us, Bristol Rovers are in form and now, unbelievably, in with a chance of a play-off place. On BBC predictor, each time I do it, we go down. Think we would lose against them but even if I'm generous and give us a draw...we still go down.
Why unfortunately for us? We really are getting so pessimistic and depressed on here. The last game of the season is always a lottery, does not matter whether a team has something to play for or not. Often teams with nothing to play for suddenly turn it on and vice-versa. As it happens only the most diehard Rovers fan would think that their team has a realistic chance of the play-offs, they can get a maximum of 70 points if they win all their remaining games. A glance at the table suggests that will not be enough this season.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

It's likely that by the time we play Bristol Rovers any slim chance they have of a play off spot will be gone.
We have easier games than most of the others involved - two against mid table teams with probably little to play for and home to a team who are as bad us us.
One thing that slightly concerns me though is that some of the other teams' harder fixtures are against teams who by then may be promoted or sure of play off spot. Teams sure of play off spot often rest players in their last game or two and lose.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

gullintwoplaces wrote:
Why unfortunately for us? We really are getting so pessimistic and depressed on here. The last game of the season is always a lottery, does not matter whether a team has something to play for or not. Often teams with nothing to play for suddenly turn it on and vice-versa. As it happens only the most diehard Rovers fan would think that their team has a realistic chance of the play-offs, they can get a maximum of 70 points if they win all their remaining games. A glance at the table suggests that will not be enough this season.
You appear to be perplexed as to why people might be pessimistic and depressed regarding our prospects. Have you looked at the league table? Considered our woeful form? Considered the form of our reminding opponents. All we have is faint hope. The grasping at straws kind. There is no rational reason to conclude that we will take points, other than hope we will. If that is not reason enough to feel pessimistic then what is?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Barnet are as bad as us. Beat them next week and it will look much more promising.