Calling all businessmen and ST holders and graphic designers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not quite what I'm aiming at, but a good idea none-the-less.

It's not so much a "look at me", it's more a "Proud to be a part of the TUFC season ticket holders association". There certainly won't be anything clique-y about it, more an option for those who wish to make a statement, so to do.

Not a graphic designer, are you?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

ferrarilover wrote:Not quite what I'm aiming at, but a good idea none-the-less.

It's not so much a "look at me", it's more a "Proud to be a part of the TUFC season ticket holders association". There certainly won't be anything clique-y about it, more an option for those who wish to make a statement, so to do.

Not a graphic designer, are you?

Matt.
Afraid not! If the intention is to develop some kind of association, rather than look at me, this would need to be clear through the marketing. I believe many would/could be put off for the reasons mentioned in my previous post.
UptonExile
New Signing
New Signing

Post by UptonExile »

Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

I live in London but work most of the year in Singapore so I use this site to follow the news as I can't get to any games really, last one was Barnet away last season (we saved a pen, got a late goal. Result!) For the record it was Don O'Riordan's yellow army when I started going to games as a kid and I will never forget seeing Chima Okorie tackle himself at every opportunity!!

ANYWAY. Back on topic.

I'm a designer, worked for a lot of companies. I did the logo design for a company, Couple of Quid (now bankrupt, irony?) that sponsored the West stand at Donny Rovers, and I did the animated LED stuff for the pitch side at West Ham Vs. Villa, first game of the season.

If there's anything I can do to pitch in, let me know. And if Mr. Candy is looking for some animations for the big old screens we can work something out!!!

[/img]Image

http://www.grafista.co.uk
UptonExile
New Signing
New Signing

Post by UptonExile »

Ok, so I reckon this thread has died on it's arse, but I will still be up for doing any stuff for the supporters gratis. If anything needs knocking up let me know. More than happy to help out supporters clubs, forums, etc. Glad to give my time up. COYY
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It certainly hasn't died, it's just been pushed aside for a minute while we discuss the retained list. You'll be getting a PM from me at some stage.

Matt.
UptonExile
New Signing
New Signing

Post by UptonExile »

Roger that. Let's worry about who is hopping on a National Express this week!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

EddUK12 wrote:yep its died on its arse as a season ticket holder i would rather a free program then a bumper stick

all supporters are equal but some are more equal then others
Opinion duly noted.

Matt.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I think it's an idea worth pursuing. Think of all the self important little twerps willing to fork out for personalised car number plates, it would be madness not to fleece them.

Same goes with this, we'll have fans who don't like being portrayed as ordinary members of the Yellow Army and are looking for ways to send out the message that they're much more important than that. I like to identify them as well, but I can't do that with the free programme scheme, but I'll know just who they are if they've got a bumper sticker. Some will gladly pay up to have something they know others (non season ticket holders) aren't entitled to, and the marketing men are skilled at pandering to this and in the process relieving them of their money.

Best of luck with it Matt...cash for the club and a good laugh for the rest of us.
UptonExile
New Signing
New Signing

Post by UptonExile »

Just having a shirt is enough for me. I can 100% verify there is nobody else in Singapore with one, and I didn't see any yellows in Cambodia last week...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

UptonExile wrote:Just having a shirt is enough for me. I can 100% verify there is nobody else in Singapore with one, and I didn't see any yellows in Cambodia last week...
Then you are clearly a poor ambassador for the club :~D I left scores of gulls fans in Russia! (4)
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

UptonExile wrote:Just having a shirt is enough for me. I can 100% verify there is nobody else in Singapore with one, and I didn't see any yellows in Cambodia last week...

Pop over to Samui mate and we can have a Gulls Pride march! :whistle: Actually I mean pride in the Gulls not a gay flouncy ladyboy type of march.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave have you seen a ladyboy march? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I would also be happier with a free programme rather than a bumper sticker. It's a shame we can't/don't have a bar that we can turn to ST holders/membership holders only.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

UptonExile wrote:Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

I live in London but work most of the year in Singapore so I use this site to follow the news as I can't get to any games really, last one was Barnet away last season (we saved a pen, got a late goal. Result!) For the record it was Don O'Riordan's yellow army when I started going to games as a kid and I will never forget seeing Chima Okorie tackle himself at every opportunity!!

ANYWAY. Back on topic.

I'm a designer, worked for a lot of companies. I did the logo design for a company, Couple of Quid (now bankrupt, irony?) that sponsored the West stand at Donny Rovers, and I did the animated LED stuff for the pitch side at West Ham Vs. Villa, first game of the season.

If there's anything I can do to pitch in, let me know. And if Mr. Candy is looking for some animations for the big old screens we can work something out!!!

[/img]Image

http://www.grafista.co.uk
I wouldn't worry about it, nearly everyone in my hometown is bankrupt. :lol:

Love the Wilfreda Beehive pictures too, brings back memories of day trips to Alton Towers and Skeggy and we all used to play round the back of the depot (they are a coach company for those that don't know and one of the more well known ones in the north ).

Oh and i'm getting a season ticket for the very first time and it should be with me soon but i don't want anything free. It would be good to have a programme yes but i'm not going to moan about not getting anything.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Have PM'd you Matt. look out for it
Andy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843