is this the most boring summer ever??!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

You can, you live in Devon! You can be by the sea within about half an hour and then pretend you're on holiday. :) :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Todays the day! Hoping that Downesy agrees to a new deal, while it looks like Saah and Rene will be going elsewhere.

If they do then cheers to both for their efforts over the last two years.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

This fella is, according to the Twitter feed, a target for both us and ecfc.

Never seen him play, but plenty of games under his belt...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Lee
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

would be a very good signing! doesn't fit knillys style of having 6fters in the middle of the pitch!
The gulls are going up
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

he's also wanted by Bradford, Wimbledon, and Cheltenham, plus the posh fans seem to really want him back. we'd also have to pay out for him, so being realistic, we've got no hope!
The gulls are going up
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Never mind Charlie Lee! I'd take Bruce Lee at the moment as it would certainly give us something concrete to talk about :~D (before he karate chops the concrete in two and makes noises like girls). :no:

Good player but as has been said, would cost a bit more than we have I reckon. :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

anybody got news on the meetings?
The gulls are going up
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

mickyflash wrote:I think we all need to calm down in terms of player recruitment, I know we all want to see players sign so we can get excited about the season ahead, and I am guilty myself of checking the website daily in anticipation. BUT lets remember that Martin Ling was not even appointed as our manager at this time 2 years ago, and Paul Buckle had only just started his assault on our players. We more than recovered then I really do not see all the players we are supposedly missing out on.

The board acted quickly to sort out our manager situation and we all commended them for that, unfortunately it means we now do not have much to talk about during this boring period until we approach the end of June/beginning of July when the transfers will heat up.

With regards to Rene, I honestly do not know people are waiting to hear news on him. He is under no obligation to sign for anyone until he is good and ready. All he really has to do (by the 10th June) is let us know weather he intends to sign the contract we have offered him, and by the sound of things he was good enough to do that weeks ago. He could have easily strung us along keeping his options open. We know his intentions so we take his wages, add it to the budget and move on to other targets.

Players can easily go on holiday - they all have agents who know doubt are keeping them in touch with proceedings
Exactly, I imagine that Rene and all the others have gone away leaving their agents in charge, when they get back they'll make their choice of the two or three (they hope) best deals and head off to sign a contract.
Remember, when you earn as much money as pro-footballers (even in League Two) the prospect of being without a wage for even a couple of months is nothing to worry about.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

This silence is pretty deafening... I have a horrible feeling Downesy may choose to go elsewhere aswell.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

downesy has agreed verbally, just waiting for him to put pen to paper, it helps that him and his wife like the way of life down here, must be the surf in cornwall. :)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

why all the fretting? We're going to sign a load of absolute cack and finish 22nd. Standard.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I really don't see why there is so much impatience here. I'd actually be far more worried if we had signed a load of players, anyone already signing for a club this early is probably unwanted by anyone else. We are hopefully going for decent players.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

june 11th, yawn!!

roll on tomorrow week, will we have signed anyone by the time the fixtures are out tho??
still keeping the faith
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

YES!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Seconded

YES!! YES!!