Outsiders View of our Chances

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Pathetic you lot. The season hasn't even started and you're predicting a season of misery. Really? Lets see where we are after Christmas? Half way through the season? Rather than before a ball has been kicked. With all due respect Hubert and others who decide to predict our fate, it's just a waste of time. My quote in my signature was one from Martin Ling suggesting we would finish in the Automatic spots and the play offs as safety and look how the season turned out? A relegation scrap, a new manager and saved from relegation by a very close fight. I do think we need a striker before the season, but lets just wait shall we? We waited a long time for our first signings, lets just see what happens before we all start panicking and moaning like fairies.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Pathetic you lot. The season hasn't even started and you're predicting a season of misery. Really? Lets see where we are after Christmas? Half way through the season? Rather than before a ball has been kicked. With all due respect Hubert and others who decide to predict our fate, it's just a waste of time. My quote in my signature was one from Martin Ling suggesting we would finish in the Automatic spots and the play offs as safety and look how the season turned out? A relaxation scrap, a new manager and saved from relegation by a very close fight. I do think we need a striker before the season, but lets just wait shall we? We waited a long time for our first signings, lets just see what happens before we all start panicking and moaning like fairies.
I wish it was!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: My quote in my signature was one from Martin Ling suggesting we would finish in the Automatic spots and the play offs as safety and look how the season turned out?
Errrr, no it isn't. Unless Ling was quoting Thomas Edison.

Even if he was, I don't see how that quote relates to us finishing in the automatic spots.

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Can’t understand people continually demanding ‘statements’ from the manager. Just let him get on with the job in hand – it’s more important than spending time, compiling press releases to placate our impatient support. It’s not in the clubs interest to reveal minute details of our transfer dealings. Show a little trust in him – if he can afford to bring in the players he wants, and they want to come, he’ll get them in. If he can’t afford them, or they don’t want to come, he’ll focus his attention elsewhere. What he probably won’t appreciate, and what won’t make his job any easier, is constant demands of him to justify his performance to us – before he’s even really started!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

PhilGull wrote: I wish it was!

Damn iPad with stupid spelling correction!!! I didn't mean relaxation, meant relegation!! Edited as occordingly.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Errrr, no it isn't. Unless Ling was quoting Thomas Edison.

Even if he was, I don't see how that quote relates to us finishing in the automatic spots.

:)

WAS Scott.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, statements from the manager announcing to the world who we're chasing, what we've offered the parent club and the precise details of the package we've offered the player, that's EXACTLY what Knill should be doing.

Oh, wait, that's a **** ing suicidally stupid plan. Still, never mind, at least we'd have something to discuss on the Internet.

For **** sake you lot. He's told us all precisely What's going on. He's chasing a couple of top players and that takes time. The loanees we're getting are better than the old shit we had last season, but they are completing pre-season with their parent clubs (getting a bit bored with typing that, if I'm honest).

It was barely a week ago that we were saying how nice it was that we had Chappel (sp?) and Cameron instead of Stevens and Macklin and yet, here we are, having won all our pre-season games to date without conceding a goal and it's all doom and gloom.

We've shipped out Stevens, Morris, Easton and Macklin and replaced them with a 40 game starter from last year's Playoff finalists, two very talented wingers from better clubs and we're on the cusp of one last (frankly, unbelievable) signing. We shipped out Oastler and signed the starting RB from a club promoted automatically from our division last year. We've lost 10 goal man Rene Howe (pens, goalkeeper suicide and academic deflections don't count) and replaced him with Benyon, who WILL get that many this season (soneone else will take the pennos). We're on the cusp of yet another excellent (loan) signing up front and yet, we take a look at a perfectly decent striker as a back up option (Rendell scores more goals than Rene, and that is a striker's job) and people want the manager sacked on the basis of it. If Scott had gone to Exeter, scored 12 goals in 2 games and been signed up, those moaning would be whinging that Knill has missed a trick. He had a look, it didn't work out. It cost us nothing. No harm, no foul.

For Christ's sake people, just be cool.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, statements from the manager announcing to the world who we're chasing, what we've offered the parent club and the precise details of the package we've offered the player, that's EXACTLY what Knill should be doing.

Oh, wait, that's a f**k ing suicidally stupid plan. Still, never mind, at least we'd have something to discuss on the Internet.

For f**k sake you lot. He's told us all precisely What's going on. He's chasing a couple of top players and that takes time. The loanees we're getting are better than the old sh*t we had last season, but they are completing pre-season with their parent clubs (getting a bit bored with typing that, if I'm honest).

It was barely a week ago that we were saying how nice it was that we had Chappel (sp?) and Cameron instead of Stevens and Macklin and yet, here we are, having won all our pre-season games to date without conceding a goal and it's all doom and gloom.

We've shipped out Stevens, Morris, Easton and Macklin and replaced them with a 40 game starter from last year's Playoff finalists, two very talented wingers from better clubs and we're on the cusp of one last (frankly, unbelievable) signing. We shipped out Oastler and signed the starting RB from a club promoted automatically from our division last year. We've lost 10 goal man Rene Howe (pens, goalkeeper suicide and academic deflections don't count) and replaced him with Benyon, who WILL get that many this season (soneone else will take the pennos). We're on the cusp of yet another excellent (loan) signing up front and yet, we take a look at a perfectly decent striker as a back up option (Rendell scores more goals than Rene, and that is a striker's job) and people want the manager sacked on the basis of it. If Scott had gone to Exeter, scored 12 goals in 2 games and been signed up, those moaning would be whinging that Knill has missed a trick. He had a look, it didn't work out. It cost us nothing. No harm, no foul.

For Christ's sake people, just be cool.

Matt.
Too add to this - the fact Knill let's us know he is also trying to find room in the budget for Cooper (who would be an excellent squad addition and real competition for a variety of places) has been perceived as a negative. Why?

I think by the start of the season (if all goes to how it is currently planned) we will be looking really strong and the two loans Matt speaks of will be match fit as that is what they are currently achieving with their parent clubs.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Not worried by lack of CB or CF. Hopefully we'll be able to sort out the budget for this Bournemouth chap Cooper, overall I think we'll do okay this season... give me Benyon over Howe any day, real team player.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Could not agree more, Matt. You'd actually think some of our fans WANT to see us fail. Granted, many of us don't know what you know about this unbelievable signing we're about to make, but there is still no need for the negativity.

To me, an average signing in both main positions we still require would still see a stronger unit than the one last season. In Knill we trust!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Agree with the central message of Matt's post. Let Knill get on with it.
TUST number 080
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

here here! let ak get on with his job, why do some people on here spout so much rubbish the guy is on top of things and the signings will be made before the season starts, have faith.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

cambgull wrote:Could not agree more, Matt. You'd actually think some of our fans WANT to see us fail. Granted, many of us don't know what you know about this unbelievable signing we're about to make, but there is still no need for the negativity.

To me, an average signing in both main positions we still require would still see a stronger unit than the one last season. In Knill we trust!
I think some of the posters on here DO want us to fail. I have long suspected that there are a couple of Greeks who post on here just to cast gloom around. They can just feck off. If they are not Greeks then they are just tossers.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: If they are not Greeks then they are just tossers.

Bloody hell :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:I think some of the posters on here DO want us to fail. I have long suspected that there are a couple of Greeks who post on here just to cast gloom around. They can just feck off. If they are not Greeks then they are just tossers.
I'm not sure they'd be Exeter fans, Firstly, this would be a very intelligent way of trolling and I've never met an Exeter fan with more than one braincell. Secondly, anyone who would actually go to that effort obviously has absolutely NO life, whatsoever.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"