Trust

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

History isn't a valid reason for thinking Knill will fail or indeed turn the corner either GG. :na:

Oh and don't you just hate it when commentators say, "well x team hasn't won here since 1934" or something like that. So that means x team can't win on that particular day then does it?! Because they have a bad record which is history. History is just that - the future can be changed.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:History isn't a valid reason for thinking Knill will fail or indeed turn the corner either GG. :na:

Oh and don't you just hate it when commentators say, "well x team hasn't won here since 1934" or something like that. So that means x team can't win on that particular day then does it?! Because they have a bad record which is history. History is just that - the future can be changed.
It can't Andy because there is nothing there to change .... but I know what you mean ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble with this Andy, is the thread is a loaded question, right now with a poor run of results, performances not at the levels they should be, it's difficult for anyone to come out a give reasons why they think Alan Knill is the man for the job, no evidence this going to happen, but lets say the teams wins the next 3 games on the spin, then ask the question again, you will get a very different response from us fickle fans.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yep fair enough Dave. So what i'm saying is that the fans who trust him haven't yet seen anything tangible to suggest he will be a success but have faith in him whereas fans that want him gone also haven't yet seen anything tangible to suggest he will be a success and have the evidence to back up their opinion.

I think it is the fact that Knill is looking SO MUCH out of his depth and his decision making SO ODD that he has made things worse for himself. He has tipped fans who weren't too fussed about his appointment but willing to give it a go over the precipice by the wholly disorganised way he has gone about managing this club and all in the space of just 13 games. Most would have accepted a 10 point start if there was any sign of things getting better or Knill understanding what he is trying to do and it would be only a matter of time before everything clicked but we just look a complete mess, it's a total horror show at the minute and that is why Knill has disaffected more of us than we think. I don't think the fans criticising him are being unfair at all.

Well, it's another Ling v Board scenario isn't it? Knill v Board

Which one do we trust the most to get things right in the end?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

stefano wrote: It can't Andy because there is nothing there to change .... but I know what you mean ;-)
Dr Emet Brown and Marty McFly would disagree.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:clap:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just thought i'd reinvigorate (read that word up Alan and put in to practice) this thread and give those who STILL trust Knill their opportunity to get their points across and the positives you have seen in these games this season that makes Knill the right man to take us forward. It's only fair.