John Marquis

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anyway, John Marquis. If he gets us a few goals then I'm behind him 100%. Like others have said, on the face of it he looks interesting and hopefully he can do a job.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Yellow4life wrote:Positive news with slight optimism

You would have to think though, why did he leave Portsmouth? Unless he didn't play much.

Update to my previous post: He left Portsmouth as their 2 main strikers are back from injury
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

When you look at this then it really should be clear that the board have no alternative but to give Knill the nudge today if possible because he is taking us down, making us play sh*t at the same time and taking our money too. In essence he is taking the p*ss out of us and laughing about it. He is ignorant and yet again failed to applaud the fans at Accrington I am led to believe. Who does he think he is?!! Ignorant tw*t!! I really think he has got the siege mentality in his head now and he holds the Torquay fans in contempt for some bizarre reason. But that is just what Alan and this season so far is.................totally bizarre. In fact, could the stadium dj / announcer man play that song by OMC at Plainmoor once the team is read out please as I feel it would be appropriate.

Just one example of the crap I was alluding to, just happens to be one of your posts.

Excitable nonsense with no basis in fact. Sure it's your opinion and you have every right to air it, doesn't stop it from being crap though. My point being that some of the comments within it are unnecessary and actually pretty insulting. Maybe he had a perfectly good reason for hurrying off the pitch, did you enquire or just assume he was being an ignorant ****?

He deals with players every day and is in a far better position to judge whether they should be playing than you or I.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Come on Dave.

Ok so I can't confirm that he is definitely taking us down. I can confirm that he is making us play sh*t and getting a wage for it. That bit isn't crap it is true. I can't confirm as a fact he is laughing at us but I can confirm that he is ignorant because he failed to applaud the fans at Accy and it isn't the first time this season he has done that. Unless he has IBS or a family member had been taken ill there are no excuses IMO. I don't see why that is crap? A manager or player who doesn't do this is in my book, ignorant. Plus the season thus far has been totally bizarre, I don't think many can disagree with that! It's just semantics. As for the last bit, well I've been to 7 away games this season, many have been to more and I reckon they'd beg to differ.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

In essence he is taking the p*ss out of us and laughing about it. He is ignorant and yet again failed to applaud the fans at Accrington I am led to believe. Who does he think he is?!! Ignorant tw*t!! I really think he has got the siege mentality in his head now and he holds the Torquay fans in contempt for some bizarre reason.
Sorry, but whoever you are who wrote this; it is contemptible and absolute infantile drivel.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You can confirm he is making us play shit? This is why most of the posts I read can be labelled as crap.

Andy, this isn't a personal dig at you although to be fair I expected you to see it that way. You have your opinion that's fair enough but that's all it is. He isn't making Nico play shit, he isn't making Manse play shit or anyone else for that matter. The performance is the responsibility of the players, his tactics and formation are another matter. I dont see any need whatsoever to call him an ignorant **** just because he decided to put his after match duties before the feelings of a few precious souls who think he should acknowledge them before anything else.
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I kind of agree with the first bit Dave fair enough even though he is responsible for putting the side out there but unless it's a medical emergency or something i find it inexcusable that a manager would put ANYTHING ELSE before going to acknowledge the fans who have spent good time and money and inconvenience going to away games, giving nothing but support all the way through in the face of some appalling stuff. I find it morally corrupt and i don't agree with it one bit. That is why i called him ignorant and i'll throw rude in there too. I don't expect anybody else to understand but we aren't to be taken for granted. If not the very least we deserve acknowledgement as customers or future customers of TUFC. Say i bought something from a shop and the shopkeeper had something 'more pressing' to attend to like talking to his mate whilst taking my cash without so much as a buy your leave. Would i go back? No. Would i think him ignorant? Damn right. Anyway Dave my views are absolute infantile drivel so i'll bid ye goodnight.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

If you had spent weeks abusing the shopkeeper on a website would you expect him to want to shake your hand after the sale?

Come on Andy, man up. If you want to insult someone from a keyboard surely you can argue your point of view without running off every other week?
Dave

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Agree with Dave to be honest, jumping up and down on the touchline and waving at supporters has no baring on players performances or being a good or bad manager. Every person is different, some rant and rave some say very little and people react differently to different managers. Managers have their own different ways of doing things, I read a post from someone slating Knill for not going instantly into the dressing room at half time. Again it's not uncommon for managers to not go straight in, they let the players sit down, have their say amongst each other, collect his thoughts then go in and say his piece.

Knill isn't the sole reason why we are terrible, don't get me wrong he's one of the key reasons and his constant tinkering, terrible tactics, indifferent transfer record and bizarre subs aren't helping the cause, I also don't find him particularly likeable so it's harder to warm to him especially as we're struggling but the players are the ones who will ultimately seal his and our fate. Unless some of them, our key players the ones who actually have talent and could turn games for us start doing it then we're screwed.
Last edited by royalgull on 25 Nov 2013, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I saw him play for Portsmouth at Plainmoor, didn't impress me at all, especially his attitude.

"As a group though, I don't ever remember seeing such a whiny team. Every throw in and free kick given against them was whinged about. Marquis in particular was a petulant child all game, although he wasn't the only one by any means. I think that squad should be much higher than they are."
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote:If you had spent weeks abusing the shopkeeper on a website would you expect him to want to shake your hand after the sale?

Come on Andy, man up. If you want to insult someone from a keyboard surely you can argue your point of view without running off every other week?
What i don't seriously comprehend is how people think my view about Knill and the fans at the end of the game is not morally right. It is the courteous and right thing to do. I am totally flabbergasted at anyone who thinks differently but perhaps i belong in a different era where i hold doors open for people to be met with thanks and not ignorance.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 25 Nov 2013, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Welcome to the club John Marquis.

Here's hoping your score a ton of goals, help to get out of the sh*t and save Knill's job....

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: What i don't seriously comprehend is how people think my view about Knill and the fans at the end of the game is not morally right. It is the courteous and right thing to do. I am totally flabbergasted at anyone who thinks differently but perhaps i belong in a different era where i hold doors open for people to be met with thanks and not ignorance.
It's a token gesture that would be nice but Knill only does it when we win so we've seen more of Halley's Comet than we have Knill.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

AustrianAndyGull wrote: What i don't seriously comprehend is how people think my view about Knill and the fans at the end of the game is not morally right. It is the courteous and right thing to do. I am totally flabbergasted at anyone who thinks differently but perhaps i belong in a different era where i hold doors open for people to be met with thanks and not ignorance.
Andy, is it morally ok to say you belong in a different era where manners count and then compare that scenario to calling the manager an ignorant **** in public where he has no right of reply? Sorry mate, on this occasion your comments are out of order.
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

FWIW, I much prefer it when managers (and players) come over and applaud the supporters at the end of the game.

Is the issue re Knill, besides the fact that he can't seem to motivate our team to win a single f**king game at the moment, the fact that he is a different beast to the one we saw last season.

Look back at reports - last season Knill and Brass were shouting at players, motivating them from the touchline, encouraging them - this season it would appear (and I am only going off reports), he seems to have gone into his shell and seems to not give two s**ts. It makes no sense how you can be different from one season to the next.

Almost as if he was desperate for a contract and, now he has one, he appears to have lost the same desire he had before.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com