Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

miltonkeynesgull wrote: A certain someone had already done the groundwork for this one I believe...someone who of course won't now get any credit. Great to have him back though.
Yes, for sure that won't ever get mentioned.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

great news!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

miltonkeynesgull wrote: A certain someone had already done the groundwork for this one I believe...someone who of course won't now get any credit. Great to have him back though.
Shame he couldn't get him in earlier. A midfield of Labadie, Mozika and McCourt/Mansell would have been nice!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Credit for what? Bringing in another loanee because all his other midfield additions haven't worked? Not only that but it would appear more a last throw of the dice move, bringing in the man who saved his bacon last season and hoping he would do so again? It's a bit tragic really his obvious lack of any managerial ability.

Yes it's a good move for us and if Knill is responsible then I do indeed give him credit for getting him to agree to come but the reasons why Knill felt compelled to do so are the reasons partly why he got the boot. No ideas. Hope rather than expectation. This was fine with a month or so to go but as a last throw of the dice in JANUARY then it's a bit much for me.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

DevonYellow wrote: Shame he couldn't get him in earlier. A midfield of Labadie, Mozika and McCourt/Mansell would have been nice!
Unfortunately, much as he might liked to have done, the fact is that Labadie has only just got back from injury and the loan window only reopened on Wednesday! As for earlier on in the season, Labadie was a regular in their side under Kiwomya until he got sacked and only now seems to be out of favour and surplus to requirements at Notts County.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote: Credit for what? Bringing in another loanee because all his other midfield additions haven't worked? Not only that but it would appear more a last throw of the dice move, bringing in the man who saved his bacon last season and hoping he would do so again? It's a bit tragic really his obvious lack of any managerial ability.

Yes it's a good move for us and if Knill is responsible then I do indeed give him credit for getting him to agree to come but the reasons why Knill felt compelled to do so are the reasons partly why he got the boot. No ideas. Hope rather than expectation. This was fine with a month or so to go but as a last throw of the dice in JANUARY then it's a bit much for me.
I'm continually amazed by the amount of effort you put into typing such virtriol. He's a decent player, he's back. Smile.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm responding in the best way that explains my opinion to the comment that you and others made about Knill not getting credit for bringing him in. How is that vitriol?

Smile?

Yes, maybe you should try it too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:I'm responding in the best way that explains my opinion to the comment that you and others made about Knill not getting credit for bringing him in. How is that vitriol?

Smile?

Yes, maybe you should try it too.
You've done me there. No denying it.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Did you offer a random amusing pledge to the 'sack knill before Saturday thread'?

No.

And why?

Because you have to be serious about everything like most on here and I'm being told to smile? You should take a look around the forum mate. It's like a f*cking morgue even WITHOUT me contributing.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Did you offer a random amusing pledge to the 'sack knill before Saturday thread'?

No.

And why?

Because you have to be serious about everything like most on here and I'm being told to smile? You should take a look around the forum mate. It's like a f*cking morgue without me contributing.
It's true mate. You're the forum saviour.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Lets stop with the silly bickering. Knill sacked, re called Lathrope, signed Labadie on a month loan and we still have members throwing insults at each other. Lets get back to the football debates.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Did you offer a random amusing pledge to the 'sack knill before Saturday thread'?

No.

And why?

Because you have to be serious about everything like most on here and I'm being told to smile? You should take a look around the forum mate. It's like a f*cking morgue even WITHOUT me contributing.
Even with my bright and happy-go-lucky contributions, and Brucie's positivity?

#sadface
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It was meant to read as 'even without' me contributing. If my posts are deemed doom and gloom then others are doing a bloody good job of replacing me when I don't post. That is what I meant. I'm really not as lofty as that highlighted bit and nor would I want to be. Just don't like being told I'm posting vitriol when I'm giving a valid response to a comment.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:It was meant to read as 'even without' me contributing. If my posts are deemed doom and gloom then others are doing a bloody good job of replacing me when I don't post. That is what I meant. I'm really not as lofty as that highlighted bit and nor would I want to be. Just don't like being told I'm posting vitriol when I'm giving a valid response to a comment.
Well, that's cleared that up. :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

nickfrench82 wrote: Even with my bright and happy-go-lucky contributions, and Brucie's positivity?

#sadface
Nick, you're sound mate. Light hearted, get on with folk, like to get involved and not condescending or a miserable git. How it should be. You seem a normal, decent friendly bloke.

Brucie is Brucie but he makes valid points and has been know occasionally to chuck out a few funnies. I don't really think he's vindictive or anything and he's ok.