Fanzines? (Edited with new info and suggestions for name)

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Hi Rob. For me it is easiest if I contact you via PM on here or I can give you my email address. I'm not on twitter or facebook or any other social communication channel mate sorry. I'm a bit of a dinosaur. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

I used to contribute & sell the Gullible Gull Post fanzine so count me in
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hey man, you brought up the price, not me. If it's 20p, then ok, but it can't be two quid (which was the price you mentioned in your OP. If it's irrelevant, then fine, there won't be a problem). That was the only negative thing I could find in the whole idea, yet you seem not to have taken any notice of the fact that I'm in support (to the point where, graciously or not, I'm happy to be involved) of about 95% of the project.

Of course, you're free to ignore me completely, try to sell your sheet of A5 for £2 and see how your luck is. You're the expert here.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

ferrarilover wrote:Hey man, you brought up the price, not me. If it's 20p, then ok, but it can't be two quid (which was the price you mentioned in your OP. If it's irrelevant, then fine, there won't be a problem). That was the only negative thing I could find in the whole idea, yet you seem not to have taken any notice of the fact that I'm in support (to the point where, graciously or not, I'm happy to be involved) of about 95% of the project.

Of course, you're free to ignore me completely, try to sell your sheet of A5 for £2 and see how your luck is. You're the expert here.

Matt.
I said OTHERS were ABOUT £2, and I wasn't just talking about football zines. My only intention was to make people aware of the concept if they weren't already, as it is quite an old fashioned form of media. I made no mention of any price for this one, because it doesn't exist yet. More than the issue on price, I took offence to your remark about it being a "bit of A5 with a bit of sh*t on it". Clearly you underestimate your fellow forum posters, as I know there are some great writers lurking around these parts. Perhaps you didn't mean for it to sound so strong, but either way, this whole idea is meant to be a positive thing. I felt like you were picking a fight for the sake of it. It's easy to be a cynic.

That said - look, I'm not in the business of arguing with strangers over the internet. I'm a nice guy really, I promise. Let's leave it at that. If you do want to be involved, this is genuinely a good thing. Thanks for your interest. Can you PM me your email address?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele