6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

sam_ wrote:I would have written biscits, but I can't spell it, so I stick with hobnobs :whistle:
You're right....you can't. :lol:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Agree with all 6 of those, would be incredible to offload them all!

Surprised about Benyon, must mean CH is hoping to clear out the rest of the strikers and add to Benyon and Yeoman
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

divingbboy wrote:Genuinely don't quite get CH's apparent dislike (as a player) of Downes. I still think Craig has a lot of potential in the rights hands, too.
Then we must conclude that, like a short sighted Labrador, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Bennerz got 40 odd goals in 2 seasons in the Conference last time. With a competent midfield behind him, I suppose he could snaffle in a few. If he doesn't, well, then he won't play and we'll get someone in who can. I suspect we'll have better luck in the transfer market this year than we did last (for his faults, Knill was appallingly unlucky over the summer), so who knows, maybe he'll find his old form. It does happen, players simply cannot manage the step up. Have a look at local legend Tim Sills, still a decent non-league striker today, just couldn't get over the (probably mental) hurdle of the FL.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The problem is that we will struggle to offload most of those players mentioned. which will probably leave players like Hawley staying here on big money.
How the feck can Cooper still be contracted to us.
Not really too suprised that Benyon will stay. He was disappointing this season but he clearly has the potential to score goals at Conference level and will cause defenders problems, whilst as for Hawley - there are better strikers in the North Devon Premier.
Craig is useless. Tonge is a disaster. Hargreaves doesn't rate Downes.
Guess there is going to be a bucket load of non contracted players going out the door tomorrow - lets hopes Hargreaves has a full contact book cuase he is going to need them.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Very re-assured by CH's decision not to transfer list Benyon. Cleary CH is serious about us returning to the FL as soon as possible......
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't think we will. Hawley, absenting his abysmal showing for us, has a record of scoring goals at L1 level. Someone in L2 will take him, despite his silly money demands. Juan Sebastien Veron was snapped up sharpish, despite his showing for both Man Utd and Chelsea being embarrassing at best.
Cooper remains contracted to us because that's how contracts work - silly Terrence!

I agree about Bennerz and, although he's been my least favourite player of the season (bing bong, Shane to the front desk, that's Shane to the front desk, customer waiting. Bing bong), he scored goals in the Conference before, I don't see why he wouldn't do it again.

Craig not useless, far from it, but there's something missing which is why he's out the door. I suspect there's more to it than we are being told.

Matt.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Benyon scored 15 goals during our two seasons in the Conference (17 if you include cup competitions). Some way off 40 odd!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh yeah, so he did (now I check). I thought he'd got all his goals in the Conference for us, but as it turns out, he got more in the FL than he did down there. Weird.

Oh well, such is life.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Benyon wasn't a regular in the Conference side though.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't think we will. Hawley, absenting his abysmal showing for us, has a record of scoring goals at L1 level. Someone in L2 will take him, despite his silly money demands. Juan Sebastien Veron was snapped up sharpish, despite his showing for both Man Utd and Chelsea being embarrassing at best.
Cooper remains contracted to us because that's how contracts work - silly Terrence!

I agree about Bennerz and, although he's been my least favourite player of the season (bing bong, Shane to the front desk, that's Shane to the front desk, customer waiting. Bing bong), he scored goals in the Conference before, I don't see why he wouldn't do it again.

Craig not useless, far from it, but there's something missing which is why he's out the door. I suspect there's more to it than we are being told.

Matt.
Of course you'd say this Matt...
We'll be back...
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

diamondgirl wrote: You're right....you can't. :lol:
Well, that's what I said... ;-)
We'll be back...
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

RE Benyon, he's not a starting player, he scored goals as a sub.
We'll be back...
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I'm not surprised Benyon is staying. We know from his first stint with us that he is able to score goals and as he gained fitness on his return at the end of last season we saw glimpses of his former self.
It would be harsh to judge him on this season alone, he is very much a player who needs support around him, with that we know he can put the ball in the back of the net. With a decent striker along side next season I fully expect a good return of goals (and by good I mean Torquay good which is about 15 at most to be top scorer!)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Agree with most of this bar Downes and Chapell, Downes is experienced and he's done relatively well at this level, should easily do a job in the conference, and Chapell has shown a lot of potential especially since he's our top scorer! Also what about Pearce? If he's not transfer listed will he be staying or will he be released?
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Surprised by Chappell - thought he was one of the best of a bad lot.

Benyon may not have been fully fit, but that doesn't explain his poor finishing. Well past his best, in my opinion.