Torquay United V Woking-Tue 18TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There is every chance of 2000. Its early in the season, a nice evening, and a few holidaymakers around. Its not a freezing cold feb night.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:cloud cuckoo land if you think we'll get 3,000 there, devons favourite team are playing a champions league qualifier so if we get 2,200 i'd be over the moon!
Nobody, but nobody, has actually forecast even the possibility that we will get anything like 3000. We've merely expressed the opinion that it would be nice to see that kind of attendance, and that it's something to aim for, and that the club and the team deserve such a level of support.

Same with promotion. It would be nice to see, it's something to aim for, and the club and the team, if they go on as they have been doing, will deserve it. I don't think anybody has actually predicted it. Indeed, cloud cuckoo land if you think we will actually get promotion this season. But that's no reason not to aim for promotion.

Nobody thinks it will be so, but it's something we should try for. See the difference? :)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well I have persuaded a mate to come(he is a Wolves fan and saw them draw with Hull on Saturday) so if 250 of us attended with a friend that would add 250 to the gate.

We should all make a big effort to ask anyone interested in "footy" to come to a game. They might get hooked and come regularly

Why not give it a try?
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

Great idea Portugul
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

A bit off the point, but he has posted above. I'm always interested in silly names which contributors give themselves - SenorDingDong must rank among the silliest.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

portugull wrote: if 250 of us attended with a friend that would add 250 to the gate.
Can't argue with your maths, there!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

wivelgull wrote:A bit off the point, but he has posted above. I'm always interested in silly names which contributors give themselves - SenorDingDong must rank among the silliest.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

understood your point when first posted, but it aint gonna happen any time soon i'm afraid, so you can wish all you want to GS!
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:understood your point when first posted, but it aint gonna happen any time soon i'm afraid, so you can wish all you want to GS!
It's obvious that, being up north, you cannot do much to swell the crowds at Plainmoor, Bixie, but it's nice of you to offer encouragement to those of us who are trying to do so.

(Hint: sarcasm intended)! :na:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

anyway, any team news yet?? hopeful of a second win on the trot, the win at halifax should give us some encouragement, but given how dodgy the defence looked at times i'm gonna plump for a 2-1 win, more with my heart than my head tho

fairhurst to start i hope, he looked very competent when he came on, so assists for both goals from him, fisher with both, 2135 there
still keeping the faith
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Torquay United
01 Speiss
02 Hurst
05 MacDonald
16 Richards
18 Smith
06 Geohaghon
12 Carmichael
07 Briscoe
22 Quigley
17 Fisher
03 Butler

Substitutes
10 Marsh
11 Murombedzi
23 Richards
24 Lavelle-Moore
26 Heslop
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

fairhurst not even on the bench, anyone know why, he only came on for part of the second half and dont remember him injuring himself
still keeping the faith
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Anyone listening via the Gulls Player having a bit of a patchy reception?
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Orange Gull wrote:Anyone listening via the Gulls Player having a bit of a patchy reception?

Listening in from Norway and I can't find any fault with the sound for once :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/