So what do we need......?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

A few people have mentioned not tying up money with a decent second choice keeper, but is the emergency loan still in operation for next season?
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Plainmoor78 wrote:A few people have mentioned not tying up money with a decent second choice keeper, but is the emergency loan still in operation for next season?
I am not quite sure what is going on with the emergency loan. Based on this article it might continue?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... n-ban.html
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

All very confusing. Reading that article we could theoretically agree a deal to take an under-21 'keeper from a Premier League team on loan for the whole season but he would stay with them playing for their u-21 and if we needed then he could come play for our first team and we would pay an appearance fee.
Having said that, I'm not even sure this applies to us as a non-league team. Is this not just about the Football League?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

PhilGull wrote:All very confusing. Reading that article we could theoretically agree a deal to take an under-21 'keeper from a Premier League team on loan for the whole season but he would stay with them playing for their u-21 and if we needed then he could come play for our first team
Is that not exactly the deal we had with West Brom last season for Andre Wright? He was unavailable for us on a couple of occasions as he had gone back to play for their under 21's.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Those rules changes mean little difference to us, we would still have to identify and loan a player before the end of August or in January. I suppose we could do something odd like loan 10 under 21 players in August but only have a few with the squad, but that seems a bit counter productive. I also can't see many championship or league 1 clubs being happy that their player will be tied to a loan to us but not getting games, as surely the point in loaning them out is to get games. If they can't get games with us in sure they would rather they had loaned them to someone else.

All a bit bollocks really, and another FIFA idea that only benefits the rich and hammers the poor.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

In theory this makes clubs put more thought in to loaning players rather than just the odd month here or there which can be extended or ended early. This will hopefully make the bigger clubs think twice about their recruitment policy when hoovering up all of the best talent from around the world. Maybe in the future we won't see the likes of Lavercombe going so early but staying for another year or two, establishing in the first team and then gettig the big move that he actually deserves rather than that which his potential may deserve.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PhilGull wrote:In theory this makes clubs put more thought in to loaning players rather than just the odd month here or there which can be extended or ended early. This will hopefully make the bigger clubs think twice about their recruitment policy when hoovering up all of the best talent from around the world. Maybe in the future we won't see the likes of Lavercombe going so early but staying for another year or two, establishing in the first team and then gettig the big move that he actually deserves rather than that which his potential may deserve.
I know this is straying a long way off the theme of this thread, but Philgull's post made me think. Does anyone know what has happened to the young 'keeper who went to Southampton two or three seasons ago? I forget his name - Osborne, maybe? Is he still at Southampton?
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

tomogull wrote: I know this is straying a long way off the theme of this thread, but Philgull's post made me think. Does anyone know what has happened to the young 'keeper who went to Southampton two or three seasons ago? I forget his name - Osborne, maybe? Is he still at Southampton?
Neal Osborne. Signed a 2 year Scholarship in 2015 and has been in their under 18 squad all season, although mainly as an unused sub.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think Nicho is trying to sign players with the right mental attitude, and with a small squad that will be key if they are all fighting for each other and NOT themselves. I THINK because I don't actually know because I havnt spoken to him is that he has identified this as the key to success in team sport.

Aslo he has stated that he wants the fittest squad in the conf. So any player that has the right attitude to the team and fitness would be what he is looking for I THINK :)
TUST MEMBER
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Sad to see Dan Butler leave. A great player for Torquay

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 50668.aspx
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

cue Rowe Turner!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Rowe Turner had pace, if he has developed a better sense of positioning he would be a useful asset alongside MacDonald.
TUST number 080
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

think he is a better player than he was first time around. as you say he has pace.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

My potential XI for next season looks like this:

-------------------MOORE--------------------
VERMA - MACDONALD - MCGINTY - NEW LB
------------------LATHROPE-----------------
SPARKES ---------YOUNG-------- NEW LM
-------------WILLIAMS-BLISSETT-----------

As the squad stands this is personally a top half team, got to hand it to Nicho with the signings so far, just hope the budget hasn't been squeezed already..
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

rickl wrote:Sad to see Dan Butler leave. A great player for Torquay

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 50668.aspx
Yes - I was hoping he would be persuaded to stay. Dave Thomas in the Herald Express says he is being linked with Exeter. He has the skill and commitment to play at a higher level so good luck to Dan. Great tribute, fully deserved, to him from Nicho on the OS.

Lathanial Rowe-Turner is now a more experienced player than when he first played for us. Nicho played with him at Plainmoor and presumably also at Kidderminster so he will know him well. Dave Thomas says the door is still open for Richards and Harrad ...... and also Josh Rees. Rees hasn't been mentioned much but I would be happy to see him at Plainmoor again next season.