TUFC TV - CLARKE OSBORNE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think everything is playing into G.I. hands now I think we could very well be part-time next season and the Mayor will coin it in for the council.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: 01 Apr 2017, 19:44 I think everything is playing into G.I. hands now I think we could very well be part-time next season and the Mayor will coin it in for the council.
Let's face it Acadia or indeed everyone, save your time. This on-line question thing is a load of bollocks, any questions given to osbourne's private secretary ( harrop) will then be passed off by his lawyers and hand written to him, to read out. Utter garbage
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Mr Osborne I am not going to waste my time asking a question because if you do not know by now what everyone is asking you are either not very intelligent or you cannot read and I doubt it is the latter.
You know full well what you need to explain but I have grave doubts you will have the balls to give an honest answer. Like Mr. Trump it has taken you a very short time to prove you are not up to the job.
In a nutshell INCOMPETENCE.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I hope Jon on TFF does not mind me recycling his questions. It would be very easy for Clarke Osborne to ignore difficult questions if he receives bucketfuls of questions about stewarding, the bar or other frivolous issues.

However, if everyone asked these same 5 pertinent questions, it would be much harder for him to ignore them. I think Jon covers the most vital issues here. There are others linked to their funding, internal politics but they really are not so significant to what Jon asks here. Jon's questions are as follows. It would be good if everyone was asking the same questions.

1. How many stadia have you promised to build?

2. How many stadia have you built?

3. Why are you so keen on purchasing the Plainmoor freehold when the club has a secure lease until 2081?

4. What will you do when / if you do not get the freehold?

5. Do you have any interest in the football club beyond a land deal?
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Good questions, I'll be onto them in similar wording
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Hector we already know the answer to questions 1 and 2. Well documented.

The answer to 3 has been frequently explained, out of date, no facilities for ancillary income etc etc.

4. I will sell the Club to my good friend Peter Masters who talked me into buying TUFC against by better judgement.

5. No

Sorry if I sound cynical but Osborne has already proved just like President Trump that he is incapable of making sensible decisions so I do not expect that we will learn anything from what is purely a PR exercise.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

portugull wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 15:56 Hector we already know the answer to questions 1 and 2. Well documented.
I imagine the point isn't to get answers, as we already have them, it's to make Osborne realise that we're well aware of GI's lack of a track record in that department and make him engage with it. Either he feels the heat and realises the fans are well aware of what GI has failed to do in the past or he gives an answer that might allay people's fears - whether it's the truth or not is another matter. We all know it's a PR exercise but that's not to say we can't use it to our advantage.
I think everything is playing into G.I. hands now I think we could very well be part-time next season and the Mayor will coin it in for the council.
If we go into the Conference South, as we probably will do after yesterday, then I highly highly doubt that GI will give us a full time playing budget, they'll use it as a godsend excuse to reduce their operating costs while they continue to attempt to get the freehold. It's a perfect opportunity for them, it means they spend even less money while manoeuvring. The most worrying thing is that with a full time budget and our facilities, we would be able to compete for the CS title (as humiliating as that is), if we go part time we could well end up fighting against relegation - there are very few part time players who will up sticks to the South-West to play football considering the utter lack of high paying jobs down here. It could and probably will result in a quickening of the current spiral into oblivion unless someone like Norman Smurthwaithe arrives on his white horse - if he ever manages to sell Port Vale.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I have emailed Jon's questions. If everyone does the same then it will at least force Osborne to confront the ,any broken promises regarding stadium building etc. If everyone asks the same, then it helps back him into a corner.

If he ignores them, then it says all we need to know anyway.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Interview is out: [youtube]zR0FgeUw6_U[/youtube]
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Not interesting Ricki. Actions ( or in this case non actions) speak louder than words.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just watching it now, only as far as the second question tho, he seems comfortable about the fact that no players were brought in!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the questions obviously not vetted at all, question 3 what is geoff harrop's actual job!
still keeping the faith
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The five year plan sounds fundamentally like bollocks to me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

merse's question on now
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »