Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

If the scores stay like this we are back in with a very slight chance of staying up.
Provided Wycombe & Rovers don't draw with each other next week.
By why do I know that Exeter will score one and quite possibly two in the last ten minutes?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No doubt we'll get reports of a good performance today. Shame it's taken 4 months to string a bit of form together though. So if we win today then we have to win our last 2 and hope that both Northampton and Brizzle don't get another point? Is that right?

Wycombe losing now too so all good.
exactly mate. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

All the criticism levelled at Yeoman. He scores goals, where Benyon et al don't!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

if only we'd done this a few games ago, unbelievably at the moment we can still stay up, us winning, cobblers and wycombe losing!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullintwoplaces wrote:All the criticism levelled at Yeoman. He scores goals, where Benyon et al don't!
true.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Argyle fans chanting yellow army
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Forest gull wrote:Argyle fans chanting yellow army

Where?
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

If things stay like they are......then of the last 2 games, if we win both of ours and 2 out of Northampton, Rovers and now Wycombe lose their remaining games......then we stay up....I think that's right
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:
Where?

Devonport end, according to TUFC twitter feed
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:All the criticism levelled at Yeoman. He scores goals, where Benyon et al don't!
The thing that pissed me off was that Yeoman got that last gasp winner as a sub against Rochdale i think it was and then the next game he was dropped in favour of someone that never scores. Bad management that. Yeoman would have been buzzing and then he gets dumped on the bench again. Play the players who have some confidence not drop them when they are up. He's proved he is probably the best finisher we have so why has he not been given more opportunity?
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 21 Apr 2014, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Banging_Them_In wrote:If things stay like they are......then of the last 2 games, if we win both of ours and 2 out of Northampton, Rovers and now Wycombe lose their remaining games......then we stay up....I think that's right
Yes.
And potentially Northampton could still get one point and we catch them on goal difference.
Or even less likely, if Wycombe draw next week we could stay up beating them by six!
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

The continual swings from negativity to positive and back again, from doom-and-gloom to optimism on these boards right now and generally as a Gulls fan.......it's like living with my ex- again !

Trying and testing times.....
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: The thing that pissed me off was that Yeoman got that last gasp winner as a sub against Rochdale i think it was and then the next game he was dropped in favour of someone that never scores. Bad management that. Yeoman would have been buzzing and then he gets dumped on the bench again. Play the players who have some confidence not drop them when they are up. He's proved he is probably the best finisher we have so why has he not been given more opportunity?
you sound surprised andy........... :@

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: The thing that pissed me off was that Yeoman got that last gasp winner as a sub against Rochdale i think it was and then the next game he was dropped in favour of someone that never scores. Bad management that. Yeoman would have been buzzing and then he gets dumped on the bench again. Play the players who have some confidence not drop them when they are up. He's proved he is probably the best finisher we have so why has he not been given more opportunity?
Absolutely!

Why the **** drop a player who has come on and scored the winner? I think I'm right in saying it was the day he had been recalled from loan at Bideford or somewhere.

The lad must have been buzzing, gets the call to come on and be a hero......delivers.....then gets dropped. Piss poor man management that it is.
Done more than Showumni did. On less money too.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Banging_Them_In wrote:The continual swings from negativity to positive and back again, from doom-and-gloom to optimism on these boards right now and generally as a Gulls fan.......it's like living with my ex- again !

Trying and testing times.....
Not a swing back to positive for me, delighted if we can hold here, but it changes nothing in my general view, and the thickinos on the radio haven't figured out yet, that Wycombe and Rovers play each other next week, that game finish's in a draw we're down no matter what we do.
Formerly known as forevertufc